Infanta Elena and Family, Current Events Part 1: January 2003 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sylvia!

I am not familiar with this webpage, so I cannot say for certain that it is tabloid or not. However, to briefly translate the article....It makes mention that Jaime is returning to New York on his own to continue his treatments while Elena will stay in Madrid. The writer gives the opinion that it is Jaime's illness that has caused this separation. The illness has apparently resulted in much stress and Jaime has episodes which make him extremely difficult at times, so Elena has most likely thought it best to stay behind in Madrid for now, thus this separation of sorts.

I can't say how true it is, but I wouldn't be surprised when considering his illness if Jaime were a bit frustrated at times and perhaps even prone to fits of anger and maybe even rage due to treatments and constant physical and emotional discomfort. However, I am not saying that they have separated in the legal terms of marriage. They may simply be taking time away from one another for the sake of their sanity along with that of their children.

OK. I see. It makes sense because she would have to continue her royal duties. I certainly hope they don't get legally seperated.

Attachments

• SP_elena_family_124a.jpg
    SP_elena_family_124a.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 442
  • SP_elena_family_500b.jpg
    SP_elena_family_500b.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 438
  • SP_elena_100.jpg
    SP_elena_100.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 317
  • SP_elena_101.jpg
    SP_elena_101.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 427
  • SP_elena_114.jpg
    SP_elena_114.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 597
Last edited by a moderator:
King Juan Carlos has announced today that infanta Elena is pregnant of her third child.

ABC

El Mundo

It's absolutely marvellous, although a bit surprising! How much we have been told about the next divorce of Elena and her husband! I wish that she will have a happy pregnancy.

Oh my gosh, I seriously thought that this was an old thread (like from when the King announced Elena's pregnancy with Victoria) that someone had added to! Of course this board wasn't even around when Elena was pregnant with Victoria, but that didn't cross my mind at all.

What utterly unexpected but fantastic news to share xicamaluca!

I hope the Infanta has an easy pregnancy. It can be harder sometimes when you're older. And a healthy baby, too, of course.

Congratulations to Princess Elena and her husband Jaime de Maricharlar!!

I hope that the baby will be as cute as Felipe and Victoria!

How very sad. How sad especially for the poor parents and the grandparents, too. The children are perhaps a litte too young to understand what happened. Just yesterday it was made official, that princess Elena is pregnant and now they had to make this kind of announcement.

That is horribly sad. I was hoping that she and Don Jaimie would have another child. Who knows she might try again, women these days are having children in their early fourties... Look at Geena Davis, she was 46! I do hope that she is coping ok. Losing a child is so hard. Probably the worst thing. :(

Spain's Princess Elena suffers miscarriage
2 hours, 35 minutes ago Add Entertainment - AFP to My Yahoo!

MADRID (AFD) - Spain's Princess Elena, second in line to the throne, suffered a miscarriage in the fourth month of her pregnancy, the palace said in a statement.

Her parents King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia had announced a day earlier during a visit to the northwestern region of Galicia that Elena was pregnant with her third child.

The miscarriage, 14 weeks into the pregnancy, was diagnosed during a routine medical check-up in New York, where the princess lives together with her husband Jaime de Marichalar.

Elena's state of health was satisfactory, according to the statement.

My Webpage

:(

What incredibly sad news. :cry: How unfortunate it is for Elena, Jaime and their family. Yesterday they were probably revelling in joy at the formal announcement and today such awful and heart breaking news.

I feel so bad for all the Royal Family and the poor Elena and Jaime the most :-( Hope they'll be able to overcome this tragedy.

Polfoto 26-05-2003 FIRST IMAGES OF INFANT ELENA OF SPAIN AFTER SUFFERING AN ABORTION. KING OF SPAIN'S DAUGHTER LEFT THE HOSPITAL WHERE SHE'S HAD TO STAY UNDER OBSERVATION LAST NIGHT. SHE IS O.K. THE COINCIDENCE WAS SHE KNEW OF HER ABORTION DURING A VISIT TO THE GYNEACOLOGIST A DAY AFTER HER PARENTS (KING JUAN CARLOS I AND QUEEN SOFIA OF SPAIN SOFIA ) SAID TO THE PRESS SHE WAS WAITING HER THIRD CHILD (DURING AN OFFICIAL EVENT )

Not a very photographic moment, I admit, but we discuss all things about royalty here, good and bad, the scandalous and the poised. Another moment in royalty, although a very sad moment. I hope nobody is offended by these images.

Polfoto 26-05-2003 FIRST IMAGES OF INFANT ELENA OF SPAIN AFTER SUFFERING AN ABORTION. KING OF SPAIN'S DAUGHTER LEFT THE HOSPITAL WHERE SHE'S HAD TO STAY UNDER OBSERVATION LAST NIGHT. SHE IS O.K. THE COINCIDENCE WAS SHE KNEW OF HER ABORTION DURING A VISIT TO THE GYNEACOLOGIST A DAY AFTER HER PARENTS (KING JUAN CARLOS I AND QUEEN SOFIA OF SPAIN SOFIA ) SAID TO THE PRESS SHE WAS WAITING HER THIRD CHILD (DURING AN OFFICIAL EVENT )

Attachments

• elena_a.jpg
    elena_a.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 485
  • elena_c.jpg
    elena_c.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 388
www.ibl.se - 07/07/2003. Jaime de Marichalar with his daughter Victoria Federica on his shoulders © DOAZ ANGEL/EUROPAPRESS/GAMMA 740126

Victoria's certainly grown up a lot since I last saw pictures of her!

Attachments

• jaime_1.jpg
    jaime_1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 453
POLFOTO 15.04.1999 - Princess Elena of Spain with her son, Felipe Juan arrives at the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of St. Sophia in London's Bayswater, for the christening of six month old, Prince Konstantine Alexios, son of Prince and Princess Pavlos of Greece.

Attachments

• 5g30xk1r.JPG
    5g30xk1r.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 289
Elena & Jaime with kids

Attachments

• elena_jaime_froi_vic.JPG
    elena_jaime_froi_vic.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 456
For the people who read the article from the above link could you please paraphrase what the article was about. I tried to view the webpage but apparently it was moved because it said something about the site couldn't be found.

Is there something about the couple seperating? How long have they been married?

raven :flower:

Elena married Jaimie in Saville in March of 1995. They have been married for 8 years.

Jaime & Elena

presentation Victoria Federica

Froilan with daddy

New York - Froilan & Victoria

New York

New York - Elena, Froilan & Victoria

Sofia, Jaime, Froilan & Elena

Elena & Victoria in Madrid

Manhattan - Victoria & Elena

2002-12-20 - Madrid

2002-12-20 - Madrid

Attachments

• Elena_Jaime.JPG
    Elena_Jaime.JPG
    5.7 KB · Views: 592
  • victoria.JPG
    victoria.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 386
  • fr_ja.JPG
    fr_ja.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 282
  • Elena_of_Borbon_retakes_her_life_in_New_York_with_her_husband_1.JPG
    Elena_of_Borbon_retakes_her_life_in_New_York_with_her_husband_1.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 274
  • Elena_of_Borbon_retakes_her_life_in_New_York_with_her_husband_2.JPG
    Elena_of_Borbon_retakes_her_life_in_New_York_with_her_husband_2.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 256
  • ELENA_OF_BORBON_WITH_HER_KIDS_IN_HER_NEW_HOUSE_IN_NEW_YORK.JPG
    ELENA_OF_BORBON_WITH_HER_KIDS_IN_HER_NEW_HOUSE_IN_NEW_YORK.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 267
  • fro.JPG
    fro.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 316
  • INFANTA_ELENA_EN_GUARDERIA_MADRID.JPG
    INFANTA_ELENA_EN_GUARDERIA_MADRID.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 244
  • Infant_Elena_before_leaving_the_children_at_the_college_in_Manhattan.JPG
    Infant_Elena_before_leaving_the_children_at_the_college_in_Manhattan.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 254
  • MADRID_DECEMBER_20_2002._PRINCESS_ELENA_OF_SPAIN_AND_HER_HUSBAND_Jaime.JPG
    MADRID_DECEMBER_20_2002._PRINCESS_ELENA_OF_SPAIN_AND_HER_HUSBAND_Jaime.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 234
  • MADRID_DECEMBER_20_2002._PRINCESS_ELENA_OF_SPAIN_AND_HER_HUSBAND_JAI..._2.JPG
    MADRID_DECEMBER_20_2002._PRINCESS_ELENA_OF_SPAIN_AND_HER_HUSBAND_JAI..._2.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 246
Sort of a wacky story, but this is from an American gossip column:

Tempers flared at Robert Wilson and Louis Vuitton’s Watermill Center benefit. We’re told that Jaime de Marichalar, the king of Spain’s son-in-law, verbally assaulted two artists-in-residence, Cuban natives Damian Aquiles and Tania Bruguera. As dinner ended, Marichalar approached Bruguera and Aquiles and berated them because Bruguera didn’t criticize Fidel Castro during remarks she made at the start of the evening’s gala. Aquiles told the royal to mind his own business because “as a lifelong resident of Cuba,” he didn’t need anyone to tell him “what life was like on the island.” Screaming that Castro was an “assassin” and “un maricón,” De Marichalar had to be yanked away by Bianca Jagger—a friend of his wife, Infanta Elena—as Calvin Klein and Barry Diller looked on in bewilderment.

This is the link: www.newyorkmetro.com

Originally posted by ficciones@Aug 20th, 2003 - 6:30 pm
Sort of a wacky story, but this is from an American gossip column:

Tempers flared at Robert Wilson and Louis Vuitton’s Watermill Center benefit. We’re told that Jaime de Marichalar, the king of Spain’s son-in-law, verbally assaulted two artists-in-residence, Cuban natives Damian Aquiles and Tania Bruguera. As dinner ended, Marichalar approached Bruguera and Aquiles and berated them because Bruguera didn’t criticize Fidel Castro during remarks she made at the start of the evening’s gala. Aquiles told the royal to mind his own business because “as a lifelong resident of Cuba,” he didn’t need anyone to tell him “what life was like on the island.” Screaming that Castro was an “assassin” and “un maricón,” De Marichalar had to be yanked away by Bianca Jagger—a friend of his wife, Infanta Elena—as Calvin Klein and Barry Diller looked on in bewilderment.

This is the link: www.newyorkmetro.com
So did Jaime also flip when he saw the pictures of Felipe chatting with Castro in Paraguay?

So did Jaime also flip when he saw the pictures of Felipe chatting with Castro in Paraguay?

That's the first thing I thought when I saw that photo as well.. I guess his recent behavior isn't sitting well with the Royal Family.. I'm sure this just widens the rift between the too sides.

raven

Originally posted by ravenprincess@Aug 20th, 2003 - 7:56 pm

That's the first thing I thought when I saw that photo as well.. I guess his recent behavior isn't sitting well with the Royal Family.. I'm sure this just widens the rift between the too sides.

raven
It already open :wacko:

Things are getting serious :blink: . The King already is showing that he isn't happy with Jaime's attitudes.

"
Elsemanaldigital.com (19 of August)

The KING, HAPPY WITH ITS DAUGHTER
Climate of certain coldness around Jaime de Marichalar

The arrival to Palm of Infant Doña Elena and her children Victoria and Froilán has been received with satisfaction by Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía. Finally all the Royal Family is united.

Doña Elena, after a very hard year, extremely thin, returns to smile and to be happy and relax with her parents, brothers and nephews. Safe sources of Palm assure nevertheless that after the cordiality climate whereupon the Dukes of Lugo have been received feels certain coldness around Jaime de Marichalar.

The same sources assure that His Majesty the King unites to his character frank and opened to an enormous seriousness in the commitments and the responsibility that must assume all the members that represent or have relation with the crown. At Marivent information of outlandish behaviors have arrived by diverse conduits of the Duke of Lugo. It rains on dunked. Jaime de Marichalar, assures these sources, has put in front in several occasions their particular agenda to their presence in important acts next to their wife.

In Palm it has also surprised the absence of the Dukes of Lugo in the greater regata of the Mediterranean that turns to the Club Nautical of Palm the sport and social capital of the Mediterranean. Why refused the Duke of Lugo to attend next to his family? The marriage, after difficult months, with the painful episode of the loss of the baby who waited for the Infant, went next to the first social act which they have been attending for many months.

The Dukes of Lugo presided over the delivery of trophies of the equestrian match Infant Elena who from the past day 13 disputed itself in the club of Are Molina. Once concluída the test, the Infant gave some of the trophies to the riders and winning horses. She, more smiling, although something nervous before the presence of means. He, distant, distrustful, and sometimes opposed before the insistence of photographers and journalists.

The Duchess of Lugo, that arrived at the island Thursday the past, next to its husband, Jaime de Marichalar, and her two children, Victory Federica and Froilán, made therefore one of the first public appearances after the abortion that underwent the 25 of June in Madrid. After losing to that third son had been his, Infant and Jaime de Marichalar returned to New York, where the Duke of Lugo recovers of the cerebral spill that suffered at the end of year 2001.

Finally with the arrival of the Dukes to the island the list of members of the Royal Family is completed that spend the summer in Majorca. Prince Felipe the past divided Thursday for Asuncio'n, to attend the taking of possession of Nicanor Duarte, new president of Paraguay. After interrupting its vacations again, now reincorpora next to all the Royal Family. On the other hand Infant Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín, Dukes of Palm, returned to Majorca after spending days in the Pyrenean one next to their three children, Juan, Pablo and Miguel.

Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía missed to Victory Federica and Froilán. Now they are enchanted of which the five grandsons are together again. It is possible to be seen in addition Don Juan Carlos and Doña them Sofía, indicates sources next to the Palace of Marivent, very affectionate with Infant Elena. Nevertheless a certain coldness, contained is observed and disguised of the King with the Duke of Lugo, they reiterate these sources. In Palm one makes sure that something is had broken in chemistry between father-in-law and son-in-law although by both parts keeps the forms scrupulously. But who know the Duke well they indicate in addition that it has gone forced too marine Palm again whose atmosphere seems to him distinguished little and.

But Jaime de Maricharlar, after a year of familiar tensions that has not been able to hide, knows that in the next days he is going to confront a hard examination on the part of means, more and more implacable with him before his rudeness, distrusts and sometimes elementary lack of courtesy.
"

:flower: Xicamaluca

Great translation! I'm not too sure all of that was right though, didn't Elena go through a miscarriage? Not an abortion? Wow, someone should get Jaime a Happy Meal. What's with his long face? Come along, I've never seen any photos in which he looks very happy, I mean Inaki looks happy in all the pictures of him and his sons. So...are the Dukes of Lugo separated? ...eh? :blink:

What illness does Jaime have? How sad, poor Froilan and Victoria.

Thank you for the translation, xicamaluca. It was very informative. But how sad and stressful for Elena if there is a strain between her and Jaime, Jamie and his in-laws? And the strain that Froilan and Victoria Frederika must feel, too.

Do you think this story will bring back the stories that would crop up every now and then of Jaime and Elena not really being a love match, but a marriage of convenience? I recall reading a story in Royalty or Majesty several years ago on Elena. The story talked about how she was madly in love with an equestrian but for some reason they could not be married. After the break up, Elena went to what they termed a "fat farm." She then met Jamie and was feeling pressured (because of her age) to get married and start a family and so she "settled" for Jamie.

And of course, there are always the rumours that Elena and Jaime have a marriage of convenience rather than one of love like Cristina and Inaki's.

Well, I hope this blip in the family passes over soon, if not for Elena's sake (what a tough year she has had!) then for Froilan and Victoria Frederika's sake. Children always sense more than adults tell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom