The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 08-07-2007, 08:24 AM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i also think we shouldn't judge her because of how she dresses. in fact, how she dresses looks totally fine to me: just like every single girl of a big city who works and who is young. she never wore anything that can be considered vulgar and if the relation becomes more serious, i'm sure she will get the appropriate advice and polishing to dress more stylish, just as it happened with mary. i can't recall how alexandra used to dress before her marriage, but mary's wardrobe was just as marie's is now. mette-marit is also a good example of this. mathilde, maxima and letizia seemed to have a more "executive" wardrobe, mainly because of their previous position.
I don't think anyone judged her or made any statements about her character based on how she dresses. A few just expressed a dislike of what she wears.

According to some, a dress can be more than just a dress, as a scandalous dress perhaps cost Eva Sanuum the Spanish crown. I think when you date someone of a certain stature, you should reflect that person. Im not saying she should give up her identity and style, but maybe think a little more carefully about what she wears. Maybe it's not so important now. Maybe it is.
__________________

__________________
Fr Gott, Frst und Vaterland

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
  #182  
Old 08-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hiawassee, United States
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
The press conference in Caix was held today and I have a short report (with video clips) here in post #31.

Margrethe was tight lipped about the relationship noting that she had met Marie, found her to be nice, and no comment regarding an engagement. Essentially (if you read between her lines) she was telling the reporters that her son's relationship with the French beauty was none of their [our] business.
Sorry, but I'm rather confused. If the Queen didn't say anything, then why did she call/do the Press Conference

Prince Joachim was in Copenhagen, where was Marie ?
__________________

__________________
  #183  
Old 08-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Sorry, but I'm rather confused. If the Queen didn't say anything, then why did she call/do the Press Conference

Prince Joachim was in Copenhagen, where was Marie ?

She did have quite a bit to say, Lynda, but since she was short and to the point regarding Marie, she essentially didn't say much except what I had already told you.

Furthermore, every year at Caix the reigning couple have a press conference. So that's nothing new.
__________________
  #184  
Old 08-07-2007, 06:40 PM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,766
Quote:
According to some, a dress can be more than just a dress, as a scandalous dress perhaps cost Eva Sanuum the Spanish crown. I think when you date someone of a certain stature, you should reflect that person. Im not saying she should give up her identity and style, but maybe think a little more carefully about what she wears. Maybe it's not so important now. Maybe it is.
i'm sure marie is trying her best to reflect that person. as i said before, i saw nothing vulgar or scandalous about the way she dresses. sporty, yes. we can't expect her to look like a princess when she isn't. at the moment, she is just a special friend to us. by that theory, any friends of the princes and princesses would have to dress as if they were princes or princesses themselves, which, in my opinion, would look even worse, pretentious and ridiculous. i think she dresses just fine. until the day they announce an engagement or she participates in some kind of official event, if it happens, i believe she is free to wear whatever she feels comfortable with, except something vulgar, out of place or demeaning to the danish crown (as it happened with eva sannum).
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #185  
Old 08-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
A lovely cover shot of the couple kissing this past weekend at the Historic Grand Prix. You can also see a series of photos here, but many have already been published before.


Also, two more photos, here and here of the couple including a short article. Plus a new video of Marie and Joachim prior to him crashing his car.
__________________
  #186  
Old 08-08-2007, 11:32 AM
HRH Kerry's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Posts: 1,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i'm sure marie is trying her best to reflect that person. as i said before, i saw nothing vulgar or scandalous about the way she dresses. sporty, yes. we can't expect her to look like a princess when she isn't. at the moment, she is just a special friend to us. by that theory, any friends of the princes and princesses would have to dress as if they were princes or princesses themselves, which, in my opinion, would look even worse, pretentious and ridiculous. i think she dresses just fine. until the day they announce an engagement or she participates in some kind of official event, if it happens, i believe she is free to wear whatever she feels comfortable with, except something vulgar, out of place or demeaning to the danish crown (as it happened with eva sannum).

I think that was well said.

I hope to see an engagement announcement before the year is out. Then again why announce an engagement the same year that Alexandra remarries? Either way I hope this couple takes the next step since its obvious that they are committed to one another.
__________________
Princely Family of Liechtenstein Forum
Join in on the discussions.
  #187  
Old 08-08-2007, 11:40 AM
kwanfan's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i'm sure marie is trying her best to reflect that person. as i said before, i saw nothing vulgar or scandalous about the way she dresses. sporty, yes. we can't expect her to look like a princess when she isn't. at the moment, she is just a special friend to us. by that theory, any friends of the princes and princesses would have to dress as if they were princes or princesses themselves, which, in my opinion, would look even worse, pretentious and ridiculous. i think she dresses just fine. until the day they announce an engagement or she participates in some kind of official event, if it happens, i believe she is free to wear whatever she feels comfortable with, except something vulgar, out of place or demeaning to the danish crown (as it happened with eva sannum).
ITA with you. With Eva Sannum's dress I think the problem was not so much the revealingness of the dress, but the fact that she wore that to a Crown Princely wedding. Since Marie hasn't attending anything nearly that official and public yet, I think she can wear whatever she wants (within reason )
__________________
  #188  
Old 08-08-2007, 01:42 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i'm sure marie is trying her best to reflect that person. as i said before, i saw nothing vulgar or scandalous about the way she dresses. sporty, yes. we can't expect her to look like a princess when she isn't. at the moment, she is just a special friend to us. by that theory, any friends of the princes and princesses would have to dress as if they were princes or princesses themselves, which, in my opinion, would look even worse, pretentious and ridiculous. i think she dresses just fine. until the day they announce an engagement or she participates in some kind of official event, if it happens, i believe she is free to wear whatever she feels comfortable with, except something vulgar, out of place or demeaning to the danish crown (as it happened with eva sannum).
Again, I never used the world vulgur or scandalous to describe Marie. What I did say was she should maybe transition to more sophisticated and less fitted/tight clothing. Are princesses the only ones who wear dresses and skirts and suits and pants? Of course not. So her dressing more sophisticated does not equal trying to look like a princess. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.
__________________
Fr Gott, Frst und Vaterland

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
  #189  
Old 08-10-2007, 09:45 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 3,003
well I cetainly use the word vulgur to describe Marie, to me that is just what she seams to me and not the correct person to be in such a position to call Royal!
__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #190  
Old 08-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Has anyone else noticed that Kongehuset has now been translated to french?

Interesting, I thought, considering the official webiste was last translated into english not that long before the Crown Princely engagement was announced in 2004.

And if it were for the sake of Henrik's lineage, then surely such a move would have been made some time ago.

Just an observation.
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
  #191  
Old 08-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Princess Robijn's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 2,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Has anyone else noticed that Kongehuset has now been translated to french?

Interesting, I thought, considering the official webiste was last translated into english not that long before the Crown Princely engagement was announced in 2004.

And if it were for the sake of Henrik's lineage, then surely such a move would have been made some time ago.

Just an observation.
It actually has been for a while (at least a month) Didn't we have a discussion about it back then?
  #192  
Old 08-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
It actually has been for a while (at least a month) Didn't we have a discussion about it back then?
Hence, my asking...'has anyone else noticed'.

You may have have discussed it prior to my post. Of that I'm not aware given I dont recall ever visiting this thread to any real length. I was on the Kongehuset website today and happened to notice it, so thought I'd make comment on it here.
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
  #193  
Old 08-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: thessaloniki, Greece
Posts: 43
Marie and Joachim are very happy and in love. I can't wait to listen the news of her moving to Shackenborg!
__________________
  #194  
Old 08-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Princess Robijn's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 2,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Hence, my asking...'has anyone else noticed'.

You may have have discussed it prior to my post. Of that I'm not aware given I dont recall ever visiting this thread to any real length. I was on the Kongehuset website today and happened to notice it, so thought I'd make comment on it here.
I didn't mean to offend you, just saying
  #195  
Old 08-11-2007, 12:55 PM
queenofcelts's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Posts: 496
translated French? interesting....
I hope for their engagement They are so in love!
__________________
  #196  
Old 08-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Palo Alto, United States
Posts: 80
I think a possible engagement involves more than love. How about figuring out how enthusiastic the government is about giving a second wife an allowance? Or, pergaps the Queen will kick in and establish a new precedent.
__________________
  #197  
Old 08-12-2007, 06:06 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currier View Post
I think a possible engagement involves more than love. How about figuring out how enthusiastic the government is about giving a second wife an allowance? Or, pergaps the Queen will kick in and establish a new precedent.
I thought the wife just got 10% of the husband's allowance? In that case, the government wouldn't be giving Marie a "second" allowance, as she would be getting a portion of what is already going to her husband.
__________________
Fr Gott, Frst und Vaterland

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
  #198  
Old 08-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Palo Alto, United States
Posts: 80
You are correct, Burberry Brit. I'd forgotten that arrangement. In any case, I assume the Queen will finance the wedding.
__________________
  #199  
Old 08-12-2007, 09:15 PM
norwegianne's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rogaland, Norway
Posts: 5,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
I thought the wife just got 10% of the husband's allowance? In that case, the government wouldn't be giving Marie a "second" allowance, as she would be getting a portion of what is already going to her husband.
When Joachim and Alexandra divorced - Joachim's allowance went down - and it seems probable that it will go up should he remarry.
__________________
  #200  
Old 08-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Roxsteve's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Any City, United States
Posts: 665
I think Marie is very charming and natural. I hope she does not change too much. She has a beautiful smile and seems very, very happy. I wish them the best!
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
joachim, marie, marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Joachim & Princess Marie Pictures, Part 1 Josefine Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 124 06-07-2014 05:42 PM
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 4: September 2008 - August 2013 dazzling Current Events Archive 397 08-23-2013 02:24 AM
Prince Joachim & Princess Marie visit Lyon, France; January 24-25, 2011 dazzling Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 34 01-28-2011 06:35 AM
General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 1: December 2007 - August 2009 isabelle 53 Current Events Archive 399 08-17-2009 03:08 PM
Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007 Larzen Current Events Archive 549 05-07-2007 09:01 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]