Mary Donaldson, Current Events 1: September 2002 - May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it safe to say that the woman who was photographed at Sydney Harbor (whatever it is called) with Mary , wearing the infamous jeans, wasn't Susan Moody then? It was the bride's mother Kylie something. Sorry, I don't remember her last name.
Sounds like Mary is pretty close to this woman. Maybe Mary's late mother and the bride's mother were close friends.

Hey Rikke, Tisha, MariaF, Jacqueline, Robb and Kelly B

How are you all? Thank you so much Rikke and MariaF for translating the Billed-Bladet article for us all and Tisha for posting the poicture. You are all so awesome!!! Love you heaps. :heart: HOLY COW!!:woot: I can't believe that papa Donaldson has already claimed the palace as his own. I have never seen pictures of Alexandra, Maxima or M-M's parents posing outside any Royal palaces when dating and not engaged nor have I seen it after the wedding.

Does anyone think that they know something that the Journalists, Fred, Danish Royal family or us don't know about. Maybe in England Mr Donaldson paid $5 bucks for a psychic reading while on a lunch break from Oxford and was told, yes, your daugter will be a Queen someday :rolleyes: . So now he and wife are rehearsing for the role of grandparents/in law of Royalty? I wonder if the whole family has had any acting lessons with Starsearch? thats why they recommended it to Mary. They all wanted to get into the act, like the Von trapp family in "Sound of Music". :x :rolleyes: :unsure:

I wonder why Mary's Father and step-mom didn't just say "no comments", smile and just walk away. I agree that Mary doesn't appear to be close to her family. What a strange comment "Were they holding hands". Maybe Mary complained to her parents so often that Fred never showed much affection in public nor in private and has he ever held her hand, so Papa and Mama Donaldson were in Copenhagen, especially to chat to Fred and to talk some sense into him. I can imagine her father saying "Hey, listen up here, young man, hold my Mary's hand, afterall she has given up so much for you... WILL YOU HOLD HER HAND!!!". :rolleyes: :x

It is such a coincidence that Anna Johanneson would end up with
Mr and Mrs. Donaldson at the airport, catching the same flight
and sitting near each other. How funny. :D I wonder if someone actually tipped them off. :unsure: Robb, you are soooo funny and I laughed so hard at your posts. What would the world be like without you. ;)

Kelly B, I do agree that their is some similiarities between the lady pictured on the wharf with Mary and her stepmom's pic. :unsure:

Have a great weekend everyone and take care. :grrr: :)

Hugs,

:heart: Lorissa

One thing I REALLY don't understand is why they wouldn't say that they didn't meet the Queen. Since everybody could find out that she was in England, why the mysterious answer?

Maria

Maybe it's my headache talking, but I'm REALLY getting tired of seeing that 'smirk'. To me she simply looks a little bit to satified (spelling) by the attention. I truely hope she doesn't become our QP or if she does that she changes her style. Otherwise she might turn me into a republican!

Maria

Hi Lorissa !

You shoul be a writter. Why don't you ask Mary Donaldson Stephmother for some advice? How interesting and ironic at the same time...

The second picture of Mar D. is the one I like most: green and white just simple...Gosh I have made a positive comment on Mary D. I can believe it!

It is an impression or her teeth are so small for her mouth and they seem to be "very tight" that one tooth could possible be on (above) the other tooth?

Cristina

I think she looks very nice in the photo with the long silver coat.

Lorissa, when are you going to get the Mary gallery put together?

Their interview was very odd. It was like they were attempting to be coy but were doing a horrid job at doing it.
There is a classier way to field the media than the silly cat and mouse game they were attempting.

Why they couldn't be classy and just say "sorry I can't help you. I can't comment on my daughter's private life" and drop it. Not only do they yap away but then pose for pictures in front of the palace.

The interview/work outfit was the best she attempted by far. Her hair was simple and her outfit had clean lines. She needs to stick with that kind of look rather than trying so hard and "fluffing" herself. Too much make-up and bad clothes choices are something she is going to have to work on if she wants this gig.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Chris, Sylvia and Kelly B,

How are you three? Thanks so much Chris for your sweet comments, you are awesome! Yes, I would love to be a romance writer and replace Queen of Romance - Barbara Cartland. I think that it would be so interesting and loads of fun, but then I would also like to be like Stephen King and write horror stories.:) I could use Mary as my main character, describe her as a gorgon who could change any man who looks at her silly smile turn to stone. :x

Sylvia, glad you are back. I would love to put together a Mary gallery, if you would help me. ;) I hope to find more pics and then put it all together and write a caption for each. I enjoy doing that the best.

Kelly B, I agree with you that natural is always the best. I hope that in time she will develope her own style like other Royal brides and then she would look smashing. B)

I hope that everyone is having a great weekend, Take care and have fun. :D sending out hugs and friendship. :heart: :grrr: :D :*

Hugs:heart:

Lorissa :lucky:

Hi everyone!

Kelly B. I compared the photo with the link and I don't think that the photos are of the same woman. The woman that is walking with Mary along the marina/docks has a much more rounded face. Her nose is also rounder and a bit larger than Mrs. Donaldson, IMO. Mary's stepmother appears to have a more angulare face and more definitive bone structure. Mrs. Donaldson also seems to have very well-pronounced lips, whereas the woman with whom Mary is seen walking with in the earlier photo seems to have lips that are almost invisible (very thin). I would conclude that this is not the same woman, and that this is perhaps the mother of the of Mary's friend who recently married around the time in which the picture was taken or perhaps some other woman.

Ok, I cannot remember if these have been posted before (I don't think so, but I could very well be wrong) but here are some pics of Mary from her "princess" course. Hmm, interesting.

The pics are from: www.alloverpress.dk

-Julia

Second pic....

Again, pics are from www.alloverpress.dk

Attachments

• MaryD.jpg
    MaryD.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2,193
  • MaryD2.jpg
    MaryD2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 2,620
  • MaryD3.jpg
    MaryD3.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,979
Thanks so much for the photos Julia!

I think Mary looks a lot better here in the "before" photos. I like the natural pose and smile of the second photo. She definitely has lost quite a bit of weight.

In the first photo, do her eyes look a bit greenish? Maybe she has hazel eyes?

Your welcome, Tisha!

Eh, I think Mary's eyes might be hazel...on the more brown side of hazel, but possibly hazel, yes.

She did look much better "before" than after. I think she's lost a good deal of weight. When you think that the camera adds 10 lbs, she was probably about the right weight for a gal of her height and I think she's got big bones, as well. I think maybe Mary has lost a little too much weight.

-Julia

Hi Tisha. Sylvia and Julia! :)

Thank you for the photos Julia.

I don't think that Mary's photos here are that flattering, but I really think that she looked better when she was in Australia. As you can see in the first photo her skin even looks fresher and younger and she doesn't seem to be wearing much makeup. She has definitely lost too much weight. I agree that she was probably at her ideal weight then, and now she is simply withering away. Mary has definitely gone overboard on dieting and/or excercise. She is even starting to look a little tired and older. Photographs of her taken in Australia before her move to Denmark show a much healthier looking and naturally happy Mary IMO.

Hey Julia, Sylvia, Tisha and Jacqueline. :)

How are you? Thank you so much Julia for posting the pictures of mary from her "modelling days" at starsearch. GOOD WORK- MISS JULIA!!! as usual. :heart: :D ;)

In the second photo Mary looks so much like some exotic hindu Love goddess with a ray of light coming from behind, something like a character from the movie "The Guru". Maybe that was what attracted Fred to her in the first place, the Deepak Chopra meditations and that inner peace and harmony. "Yes love and peace, man!" :x

I do agree that Mary does look so much healthy and happier prior to moving to Fred's neighborhood. I wonder if Fred has that ability to make all attractive women look worn out. :unsure:

Hugs to all, have fun and take care.

:heart: :heart: :heart: Lorissa

In the last picture its like she is practising one of her seductive poses to get Fred's attention. It obviously worked as she is living in Denmark now. ;)

Another one which I am certain people have seen it before, from SeOghor magazines. :)

http://www.seoghoer.dk/

P.S In this pose Mary reminds me so much of Nicole Kidman's sister, Antonio. What does everyone think?

Attachments

• D_5514.jpeg
    D_5514.jpeg
    14 KB · Views: 2,846
Can someone please be sweet and kind enough to refresh my memory about what Mary was doing in the "modelling" course? I think that age is starting to effect me. :unsure:

Oh Good Lord!!!
:rolleyes:

Ok....now that I am back in my chair after rolling on the floor (what is UP with the seductive pose/look?? :lol: )

Lorissa--what I heard what that she took the course because she told the teacher she felt "life was passing her by". Not sure what that means exactly, but those were supposedly her words to the teacher.

These pics are whatever...though I think she looks better in these than at the Melbourne Cup. She has lost weight for sure, and when you get into your late 20's and 30's your skin doesn't snap back when you lose weight like it does in your teens and early 20's....that is for sure. I think that might be why mary's skin tends to look drier and not as "youthful" recently. All those days in the sun in OZ may be catching up with her.

I am sorry Kathy, I don't see the link. But I agree with you. And not only do Grace and jackie have LOADS more charisma and beauty than Mary, but they are products of ver different eras. 2002 is a different world than the 1950's or 1940's.

If Fred paid for this course, I might have to write the boy off. I have to think he wouldn't. He has paid for tons of her expenses, but this might be too early and quite silly. (that is my hope and guess anyway)

From Hello:

This year, royal watchers will be keeping a close eye on how Crown Prince Frederik chooses to divide his time over the festive season. He will no doubt want to be with his Australian girlfriend Mary Donaldson, who has become hugely popular with the people of Denmark.
However, the tradition is for the Danish and Greek royals, who are closely related - ex-Queen Anne-Marie of Greece is the Queen of Denmark's younger sister - to spend Christmas together. Last year they gathered at Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen. On Christmas Eve, after decorating the three-metre-high tree themselves, the royals head off to church for Christmas Mass in the church of Holmens, before returning to wrap the last of their presents. The following day, everyone sits down to a festive lunch, consisting of either duck, goose or roast pig, potatoes and red cabbage. For pudding, the family members can choose between almond rice or traditional plum. The seasonal celebrations do not last long, as on Boxing Day the Greek members of the family head back to London, Barcelona and New York, where they live. Prince Joachim, his wife Alexandra and their children will return to their home in Schackenborg

Attachments

• denmark.jpg
    denmark.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,382
Sept-2002

Danish royal watchers are convinced the heir to their throne, Crown Prince Frederik, is about to announce his engagement to former Sydney real estate agent Mary Donaldson.

Ms Donaldson was wearing a large ring on her left ring finger when she was spotted in public with the crown prince in Denmark last weekend. The ring is the latest development in a romance that began two years ago at the Sydney Olympics and has since captivated Denmark.

Whether the ring signifies an engagement has Danish royal watchers in a frenzy of debate. The 30-year-old former Belle Property agent and her 34-year-old royal lover are becoming increasingly public with their affections.

While there is a question mark over the engagement, there is no doubt Ms Donaldson is being groomed to assume the role of future queen of Denmark. Gone are the casual outfits she used to wear before she left Sydney. In their place are smart suits like the white and beige ensemble she wore to the baptism, and stunning couture gowns like the one she wore to the wedding.

Frederik's choice of wife is important for the fate of the monarchy, which needs the people's support to continue. "I think it's important for the future of any monarchy that you have a royal family that is respected and does show a high level of values, and from that standpoint, I think it's very important who Frederik chooses," a palace source said.

When Ms Donaldson moved to Denmark to join the crown prince at the end of last year, the couple usually shunned public events or arrived separately to avoid being photographed together. But earlier this month they attended the baptism of the first son of Frederik's close friends, Caroline and Peter Heerings. They arrived at the Church of Oestre Egede in the south of Denmark, holding hands and smiling for the cameras.

Many people in Denmark think Donaldson would be the perfect wife for Frederik, who has had public affairs with a number of local girlfriends.

She has already won over Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik, who strongly approve of their eldest son's new partner.

Link: http://www.mostbeautifulman.com/gossip/pri...efrederik.shtml

Hi Mary Anne! :)

Thank you for the picture and the article.

I read not long ago on the SRMB that Fred would not be bringing a guest to family celebrations this year.

What does everyone think that Mary will do for Christmas?

Spend it with her father, I suppose. The Queen and Henrik will be at Marselisborg for ten days, the 20th through 30th and I would think he'd spent plenty of time there. If she's sitting around Copenhagen waiitng on him to call rather than hanging with her family, it would show a lack of independence (that I don't really think she has anyhow).

I certainly hope that Mary spends Christmas with her father. If not, you are right kelly, she would be showing a lack of independence where Frederik is concerned.

Julia

BT has reported that Mary's Danish is getting better and that she apparently knows Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim very well. They also report that she and Fred recently attended a party at the home of one of Fred's friends in which Alexandra and Joachim were in attendance.

Bodil Cath går tæt på de kongelige. Læs hendes "juletjek" rundt omkring de europæiske kongehuse.

MARY ved nu alt om dansk julegløg. Hun kender efterhånden også prinsesse Alexandra vældigt godt. Mary og Kronprinsen, foruden prins Joachim og Alexandra har nemlig alle været til julegløg hos fælles venner, der deltog i lille Felix barnedåb. Ved gløg-gildet blev det bemærket, at ikke alene er Mary en sød pige, men hun bliver bedre og bedre til dansk

Attachments

• maryandcar.jpg
    maryandcar.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2,294
Dragon titles fire up hopes of royal visit
By ALISON RIBBON
19dec02
THE Crown Prince of Denmark is tipped to compete in the dragon class yachting world championships in Tasmania next month.

And speculation is soaring that his Tasmanian girlfriend, Mary Donaldson, will accompany him.

International media are saying Prince Frederik and Ms Donaldson look set to come to Hobart next month for the championships.

Peter Juul, editor of royal magazine Billed Bladet, said he was "almost sure" the couple would be in Tasmania for the event.

He said other magazines in Denmark were reporting similar things.

The Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania could not confirm the speculation and said that, even if Prince Frederik had not registered for security reasons, he could still enter for competition the day before the first race.

Veteran Tasmanian dragon racer Nick Rogers said there had been many rumours about Prince Frederik entering the races but nothing was known for certain.

Prince Frederik's father is president of the International Dragon Class Association and the Prince is a regular competitor.

"Princess-in-waiting" Ms Donaldson grew up at Taroona, attending Taroona High School, Hobart College and the University of Tasmania.

She moved to Sydney and became a real estate agent.

Ms Donaldson met Prince Frederik at an Olympic Games function in 2000.

The pair managed to keep their relationship quiet until November last year.

Since then, Ms Donaldson has become the "Princess Diana of Denmark", a woman of intrigue affectionately dubbed "Kanga".

She features on the front pages of Danish tabloid magazines almost every week.

However, the cover of the latest issue of Billed Bladet featured Ms Donaldson's father, John Donaldson, and her stepmother, author Susan Moody, who were in Copenhagen recently.

Billed Bladet journalist Jan Korner said Ms Moody arrived in Denmark on December 5 and Mr Donaldson a day later.

They stayed in Hotel Nyhavn, only a few hundred metres from the royal palace Amalienborg, and had dinner with Ms Donaldson and Prince Frederik at Ms Donaldson's apartment.

The pair also went to the nearby city of Aarhus, where Mr Donaldson gave a lecture at the university.

Mary Donaldson Current Events: January 2003 - December 2003

Well, Billed-Bladet has done it again-they have made me laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Margrethe i biografen med Mary - nr. 2

Venskabet mellem dronning Margrethe og hendes sandsynligvis kommende svigerdatter, Mary Donaldson, er nu så tæt, at de også går i biografen sammen. Da dronningen fik lyst til at se gigantfilmen »Ringenes Herre – de to Tårne« en ekstra gang, inviterede hun således Frederik og Mary med i biffen. Det foregik mellem jul og nytår i Palads biografen i Århus, og ingen af de øvrige gæster var i tvivl om, at her kom dronningen med sin søn og svigerdatter.

I certainly needed that laugh. Apparently Queen Margrethe has supposedly gone to the movies with her "future daughter-in-law" and son. They all saw The Two Towers together to be exact. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Her Majesty invited Mary to come along with Fred. This little outing supposedly happened during the Christmas and New Year holidays. But, still we have yet to see any pictures of the happy family or should I say family-to-be entering or leaving
together :question:

Ah....the things that people will write just to keep the talk going and make a little money of course. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That was really hilarious! :D

Billed Bladet missed getting a picture of Mary driving away from the palace after having met the Queen at Christmas and now it appears they missed the opportunity to photograph them going to the cinema together. How fortunate we are that they didn't miss out on the opportunity to report on both (i.e. sell papers). Guess they gave the photographers Christmas and New Years off. :D

The photograph of Mary (inset) is lovely, I don't think I have seen it before.

Kathy

Hi Kathy! How are you?

I don't recall ever seeing that photo of Mary either. I am sure that it must have been used before, but I must have missed it. :p She looks very natural here. I wonder where the found it?

Visit to future in-laws
By ALISON RIBBON
11jan03

A SMILING Prince Frederik returned from his first sailing event yesterday to find his potential in-laws waiting for him.

John Donaldson and Susan Moody, parents of the Danish Crown Prince's girlfriend Mary Donaldson, were at the Royal Hobart Yacht Club from about 3.30 yesterday afternoon to greet the Prince.

He looked very happy to see the pair as he and his crew came in on Nanoq about 5pm.

They had come seventh in the invitation race, a warm-up for the Prince Philip Cup today.

Professor Donaldson and Ms Moody, looking uncomfortable with the media attention, waited patiently, declining all attempts by journalists to interview them.

A television crew, two photographers and four reporters followed Ms Moody and Prince Frederik as they walked to the silver Honda Prelude where Professor Donaldson was waiting.

Professor Donaldson, former head of mathematics at the University of Tasmania, and Susan Moody, an author, spend six months abroad every year.

It is believed they returned from England some time yesterday, but it is not known if Mary came back to Hobart with them.

She is expected to come to Tasmania from Denmark next week, after attending a christening at the weekend.

It is thought Prince Frederik spent time at Professor Donaldson and Ms Moody's home in Sandy Bay last night.

The couple would not comment on whether Mary would soon be in Hobart or if they planned to show their royal.

Link: http://www.themercury.news.com.au/common/s...55E3462,00.html

Hi everyone! :)

Mary attended the baptism of the son of Danish actress, Ellen Hillingsø. Some of you may remember that during the time in which Mary was said to be moving into her new flat, she and Ellen were photographed having lunch together. You may also remember that Ellen is a very close friend to The Royal Family of Denmark. Her parents (especially her mother) are good friends of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik. Queen Margrethe is also Ellen's godmother. However, BT reports that Queen Margrethe did not attend the church ceremony.

BT had articles on the event.

Hmm, I am beginning to think that an engagement is eminent. Fred sailing in Tasmania and speaking to the press about Mary (if this is true). Mary attending this baptisim...things are picking up a bit!

Mary does look much better in these photos...I think she got a hair cut!

Thanks for the info, Jacqueline!

Julia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom