General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 3: January 2011 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this princess and her family very much. She seems very down to earth...

Last edited by a moderator:
Funnily he chose a woman (twice) who doesn't seem to have the same standard :p

Breaking news.

The TV networks are right now waiting for a press conference from Schackenborg, where according to reports Joachim and Marie will announce that they will leave Denmark and settle in France.
They have apparantly secretly bought a chateau in southern France, where they will produce wine and other crops.

Joachim have always been interested in producing wine and they appear to have decided to take the leap and settle closer to Marie's family.
The reporters are right now discussing whether Schackenborg will be sold.

It opens up a big question. How about the representative duties of J&M? Will they be reduced? Will the DRF basically be reduced to four (three actually) working adults?

This is certainly an interesting day!!

ADDED: The chateau is located near the town of Cocolin.
Schackenborg is not to be sold, but instead it will be turned into a holiday resort and conference centre.
J&M will use their apartment at Amalienborg when they are in DK.
Lene Balleby will not say anything before the press conference.

ADDED AGAIN: Joachim and Marie are expected to keep their titles. Just in case as they say in the news.

Last edited:
:previous:

April Fools Day is today. Perhaps...? :whistling:

In Spain the Fools Day is on December 28...So I believed the great joke!! I even checked the kongehus web to read more about such news!

Last edited:
Billed Bladet informs us that Joachim, Nikolai, Felix and Oscar Siesbye with son were observed strolling down the pedestrian street of Tønder recently.
At the same time as several hundred linedancers had congregated on the hapless town.
Nikolai was seen dragging a well filled bag from a toy store.

The town of Tønder is located about three kilometers from Schackenborg.

Friday the 15th April 2011 Prince Joachim and Princess Marie were audience at "Den blinde vinkel", a satirical tv-show on TV2 where the events of the week gone are being discussed.

Mr Muhler,
Did Joachim,Marie and baby Henrik go to Marselisborg to celebrate the Queen's 71st birthday ?

Mr Muhler,
Did Joachim,Marie and baby Henrik go to Marselisborg to celebrate the Queen's 71st birthday ?

I don't know.

The next issue of Billed Bladet will hit the streets tomorrow, due to Easter, perhaps we'll know then.
The preview hints that at least Isabella celebrated farmor Margrethe's birthday in some way.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #17, 2011.
Marie og Joachims sjove aften - Marie and Joachim's funny evening.
Written by the man, Ulrik Ulriksen.

Friday, the day after the baptism Joachim and our Marie went to TV2's tv studio in Copenhagen to see the recording of an episode of the satire show: Live from Bremen. Taped in front of a live audience.
Here they sat on the third row, flanked by two senior managers from TV2, Oscare and Britt Siesbye (naturally, they are always together).

Some of the more popular comedians in DK Lars Hjortshøj and Casper Christensen, were in the center of attention.
And there were quite a few jokes about the christening!
After the show had been aired, J&M went backstage.

Casper Christensen appears to have become a friend of Joachim in particular. Joachim has been a vivid follower of another show, with Casper Christensen, Klown = Clown. And he did indeed provide a part of the entertainment at Joachim's stag night before marrying his Marie.
Joachim and Casper Christensen have since then seen eachother a number of times.

- Now, I don't watch the shows: Live from Bremen, Clown or The Blind Angle and I don't find neither Casper Christensen nor Lars Hjorthøj that funny. So if other Danes have something to add, please do. :)

Apart from that BB informs us that Joachim and the fair Marie will come to Aarhus on the 14 and 15. May, where Joachim will take part in the race near Marselisborg Manor. The race is called Classic Race and last year Joachim was the undisputed winner in his class of historical cars.
It's speculated as to whether Princess Marie will hand out the trophies again this year.

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #17, 2011.
Marie og Joachims sjove aften - Marie and Joachim's funny evening.
Written by the man, Ulrik Ulriksen.

Friday, the day after the baptism Joachim and our Marie went to TV2's tv studio in Copenhagen to see the recording of an episode of the satire show: Live from Bremen. .
It wasn´t "Live fra Bremen", but "Den blinde vinkel" as I stated in post 81 :)

Last edited:
Or maybe the photo angle wasn't the best...

Joachims ven: Vi vidste den var helt gal - Danmark - BT.dk

Yesterday Joachim drove in a race at the Padborg Park race track (*). And there a motorcyclist, Thomas Harding, was killed.
Joachim was scheduled to drive right after the bikers, but was told to wait.

Joachim's fellow driver and good friend, Otto Reedtz-Thott explain to BT that they knew something was seriously wrong when they saw the air ambulance but it was only after they returned home they learned about the accident resulting in someone dying.
- "I phoned Joachim afterwards and even though we didn't talk much about the accident, I do think he is shocked, like I am".

They did however race, but only after a two hour delay.
Princes Marie and bette Henrik were present as well.

(*) Padborg is located just across the border to Germany and a short distance from Schackenborg.
Padborg is place very familiar with al Jutlanders as this is one of the places where we venture to regularly with our trailers in order to restock our supplies of beer and other nice things. It's cheaper in Germany.

Last edited:
(*) Padborg is located just across the border to Germany and a short distance from Schackenborg.
Padborg is place very familiar with al Jutlanders as this is one of the places where we venture to regularly with our trailers in order to restock our supplies of beer and other nice things. It's cheaper in Germany.

Just to clarify. Padborg is a Danish town, and I would say that most of the "visitors" drive through Padborg to get across the border. Restocking in Padborg itself would be pretty dumb.

Just to clarify. Padborg is a Danish town, and I would say that most of the "visitors" drive through Padborg to get across the border. Restocking in Padborg itself would be pretty dumb.

Thanks, nwinter :) Silly me.

The stores are just across the border. Old habit, we use to say: "Let's go to Padborg for some beer".

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #23, 2011.
Vild med fars racer-bil - Crazy about dad's racing-car.
Written by our motorsport reporter Ken Richter.

When Joachim was racing in Padborg recently, our Marie and bette Henrik accompanied him. Joachim incidentally won a first and second place in two heats.
Our reporter went for a closer look at Joachim's Cortina Lotus 1965 and found bette Henrik inside. Moving around, while chatting to himself holding a stuffed dog, named Plet = Spot and wearing a cool jacket resembling dad's racing suit.
In case the reporter hadn't noticed, Bette Henrik informed him: "Dad's car is white". This was bette henrik's debut at a race track and very helpfully he explained to the BB journalist that the three cars in team Cortina Racing are: "White, black and green".

- I hope these pics will turn up on the BB site shortly, they are really sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom