General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 8: March - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The print issue of Billed-Bladet has new pictures of Mary, Frederik, Isabella and Christian
this week, hopefully we'll get to see some of them:

** Glæd dig til BILLED-BLADET – allerede på onsdag ** translation **

Well, I hope they upload them on Wednesday on their site, cant wait to see the pictures, I bet they would be great pictures. I wonder if it was a casual photoshoot or a photographer caught them while out & about.

A photographer caught them.
It seems to me living in Copenhagen means they are more exposed to the media now.

I love that they're out and about (with PET behind) celebrating their anniversary. Congrats F&M :D

I agree with the sentiment, great that they are out and about and enjoying themselves.

Here is a sweet gallery from Billed Bladet of M&F and Christian and Bella out for a walk: https://picasaweb.google.com/billedbladet/ChristianOgIsabellasGadedans#

ADDED: I understand from the preview of this weeks issue of BB, that they were returning from the last dance of the season in Isabella's dancing school.
Frederik is muching away, - again. I wonder if he has a tapeworm.

Last edited:
I love the ballerina skirt that Bella is wearing! What a character she is....its going to be fun watching her grow up. I just hope the press allows the children to have some "away from the cameras" time.

Pic 13 with little Isabella is so cute and funny! Thanks for posting these.

The pictures are cute but it looked like the photographers were too intrusive.
I don't need to see photos like that.
Of course Mary and Frederik can't be photographed being rude but to protect their family and preserve their children's rights to have privacy in their ordinary childhood life I think that the royal couple should do two things:

-Not feel obligated to smile for the camera or even acknowledge that a photographer is present while on non public/non working events.

- Leave the dress-ups for home. The intricate details of childhood don't need to be exposed. Kids should be free to play without seeing themselves published. The paparazzi follows Suri Cruise to catch a new outfit - it's crazy.

Edit:
My three daughters danced until they were nineteen and one went on to study ballet at tertiary level so I do have an intricate appreciation for the art form and I've enjoyed hundreds of performances but my girls and their friends never had a need to wear their costume in the street. (And if they had have done so there would have been no risk of photographers snapping them.) I just fear that the cameras will want more, the more 'famous' children expose for them. I thought the cameras looked quite close and almost affected the way the kids reacted. I suppose some children have to get used to public attention at some stage ... it is a tricky balance. Mary and Fred must be comfortable to allow cameras on their children ... and it is their call.

Last edited:
The pictures are cute but it looked like the photographers were too intrusive.
Of course Mary and Frederik can't be photographed being rude but to protect their family and preserve their children's rights to have privacy in their ordinary childhood life I think that the royal couple should do two things:

-Not feel obligated to smile for the camera or even acknowledge that a photographer is present while on non public/non working events.

- Leave the dress-ups for home. The intricate details of childhood don't need to be exposed. Kids should be free to play without seeing themselves published. The paparazzi follows Suri Cruise to catch a new outfit - it's crazy.

I agree to an extent. Of course, the children (as well as the adults) should be allowed to have some privacy.

But in reference to your statement "Not feel obligated to smile for the camera or even acknowledge that a photographer is present while on non public/non working events," if they did that they would be accused of thinking they are better than everyone else, not being friendly or opening to the people that support them, rude, arrogant, etc. In essence they would be raked over the coals!

And why leave the dress up for home? The kids have to be allowed to express their creativity...what young child doesn't feel the need to wear something "extra different" when out with their parents. I have seen many a costume, sports outfit, ballerina skirt on a child when out with their parents on a Saturday afternoon or during the week after work. Its normal. For all we know, they just picked up Bella from ballet class.

Here is a sweet gallery from Billed Bladet of M&F and Christian and Bella out for a walk: https://picasaweb.google.com/billedbladet/ChristianOgIsabellasGadedans#

ADDED: I understand from the preview of this weeks issue of BB, that they were returning from the last dance of the season in Isabella's dancing school.
Frederik is muching away, - again. I wonder if he has a tapeworm.

As you can see Isabella was picked up from a dance class. :whistling: She was not just dressing up.

Last edited:
Lovely family & great to see that they took Christian along with them to watch his sister at her last dance.

1; Don't look? They're royalty, they have accepted that the press will follow them around everywhere. I have no issue with seeing pictures like these, means we actually get to see them.
2; Isabella wasn't "dressing up" she was returning from a dance class.

Lovely family, the children are simply delightful, and so full of personality

Well, due to a holyday BB has hit the streets one day early. And the DRF is pretty well covered this week.

We have something about the Mary Foundation and a PR agency.

The Korean state visit is naturally well covered.

Some info on the Regent Couple's visit in USA in June.

Countess Alexandra visiting an orphanage in Bulgaria.

QMII really letting her hair down at the premiere at Susanne Heering's Dance Institute.

A present to Vincent and Josephine from Tasmania.

A hillarious set of pictures of the incomparable actor Ulf Pilgaard, who every year impersonate QMII.

Joachim and la magnifique Marie at the race in Aarhus.

(ADDED: I will not be writing summaries next week).

And this:

Translation of article in Billed Bladet #20, 2011.
Isabella optrådte for hele familien – Isabella performed for the whole family.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

It was full speed ahead when the CP couple and their two oldest children arrived at the last dance of the season at Isabella’s dance-school near Amalienborg Palace. Already before the show with Princess Isabella and the pupils of similar age started, she and big brother Prince Christian was in dancing-mood. When the family got out of the car Isabella made sure her pink tulle-skirt moved neatly by rocking from side to side and in the meantime Christian made a lot of jumps ad leaps which looked like a good genuine street dance.
After the lovely morning display in front of the dance-school Mary and Frederik went inside with the children. For the next hour or so there was the last dance for several classes of the younger students from the dance-school. The absolutely most touching segment was when Princess Isabella danced ever so nicely to the song. Tango Cat (*) and to a sweet Mek Pek song about three little fish.
In contrast to a couple of the other students Isabella wasn’t shy at all and (she) performed convincingly and with right moves and the right facial gestures. Several among the audience agreed that the dancing-princess was impressive. – “It was like she was entirely in her own world and she seemed very stage-confident”, said one of the spectators after the show.
Isabella was certainly a hit and time and time again she brought forward a smile from her parents. They got their laughing-muscles massaged in earnest when all the skillful girls from the young dance-class were to line up and should curtsey to the audience. As the only one Isabella took one step forward when she was about to curtsey. That small step alone put focus on Isabella. She was careful about remembering how you curtsey properly. But in some situations and when you are just four years old, it can be difficult to remember exactly how you do. Instead of putting one leg crosswise behind the other and go down on the knee, as you are supposed to do, Isabella did it the other way around. She sweetly but erroneously put one leg in front of the other and thus came somewhat out of balance, so that one feared she would fall forward. She was however successful – after a couple of failed attempts – she managed to curtsey correctly, which brought forward an applause on her and the fellow students.
Crown Princess Mary has primarily been the one who has been attending dance lessons with Isabella in the time following the birth of the twins. Only a few days after she had returned home from Rigshospitalet with the twins, did Mary go to dancing with Isabella in the small dance-school in Copenhagen. A couple of the CP couple’s friends also have children in Isabella’s dance-class, among them Jeppe and Birgitte Handwerk, who also went to the exhibition with their daughters, India and Palma.

Crown Prince Frederik has also a couple of times been standing on the side-line at the dancing and at the last dance he was very involved sitting among the audience and offered encouragement and praise, not only to Isabella but also to several of the other children. When one of the little girls was a bit shy and didn’t dare go out on the floor, Frederik was there with a good advise: “You just go out”, he said and let the girl know that it would be alright once the music started playing. Prince Christian too looked like having a cosy time during Isabella’s show. He was however just as taken in by the show, which the hip-hop-team and the street dance-team gave at the exhibition. Perhaps it was their tempo-filled steps which inspired him to, when he together with Isabella and Mary and Frederik met Billed Bladet’s reporter after the last dance party. He jumped and danced even more than when arriving and little Bella seemed like she continued her performance. She did indeed give another performance on the sidewalk outside the dance-school. The CP couple appeared proud of their little dancing-princess and her brother. But considering the occasion it was after all only Isabella’s efforts which was commented by Crown Princess Mary: “It went really well today. Isabella was very, very good”, said Mary when she strolled towards the CP couple’s car.

Royal coffee break.
Mary and Frederik were thirsty for coffee after and an hour with a dance-display. So on the way home they made a stop at a coffee bar outside the dance-school. The CP couple took Princess Isabella and Prince Christian with them inside, where two cups of to go-mocca and a bit pastry was ordered. After the coffee break Christian was the first man out of the door. Frederik carried the bag with the treats they had bought, which the family were to enjoy while celebrating Isabella’s successful dance-performance, to the CP couple’s car.

- I believe this took place on M&F’s anniversary. Because one of the PET officers was dressed in the exact same clothes as in the picture from outside the restaurant M&F went to in the evening. And I assume even police officers change their clothes from time to time.

(*) Astounding! When Mrs. Muhler and I were in Christian and Bella’s age, one of our favorite songs was indeed Tango Cat. That was also the case when our own children reached that age.
It was that song Isabella sang when walking on the sidewalk holding Mary’s hand.
And here it is (modern and pretty dull version): YouTube - min kat den danser tango

Last edited:
Is it me or CP Frederik and Mary do not seem to interact in public? They never talk to each other, hold hands, smile or laugh together. I miss that chemistry in them...

Is it me or CP Frederik and Mary do not seem to interact in public? They never talk to each other, hold hands, smile or laugh together. I miss that chemistry in them...

Let the deluge begin.

Do you mean in the last pictures/videos of them going to the restaurant on their anniversary?
Well, they both look happy to me so I wouldn't speculate any trouble, they just might not feel comfortable shown their feelings in front of the press.

True!

My biggest issue is when I compare them to other CP couples that are much more affectionate in public. I shouldn't.

Displaying a lot of public affection doesn't necessarily mean, that they also have this feelings for each other :)

They never talk to each other, hold hands, smile or laugh together in public?
It's you.

Sternchen said:
Displaying a lot of public affection doesn't necessarily mean, that they also have this feelings for each other :)

True! I shouldnt have said anything
;-)

that's true, sternchen. there's a phrase in my country: "tell me what you flaunt of, and i'll tell you what you doesn't have"(i hope i translate it well, my english is kinda poor in some cases)...what i want to say is that public affections could be to show something you don't have on private, at home, when you're alone with your wife or husband, and you need to show it so people could believe that your relationship is perfect.

personally, i don't like being affective in public. my man knows that i love him and i'm his, and i know that he's mine and he loves me with all his heart. we don't need to be an exhibitionist or something like that to demonstate everybody that we love each other. we just enjoy our relationship(which has the same time than m&f's) when we are together at our bedroom, when nobody's watching us, then we can be free to do whatever we want, without spectators around us.

in m&f's case, it's more important because they are royals, and they aren't supposed to demonstate their affects in public. now we can see these royal couples doing it, and that's ok if they're not extremely affective, and if m&f doesn't want to do it, it's ok, too, because it's their choice to be like that. since the very beggining, they were extremely discret with their relationship and their public performances, and there's no reason to change now that they are married and have more than 10 years together...and we have to see another thing, they have cameras around them almost 24/7, and that is hard to deal with it. i think they still love each other, they only prefer to be more affective when they are alone. without all those people who was always around them.

sorry if i didn't explain myself correctly...

They never talk to each other, hold hands, smile or laugh together in public?
It's you.

Thanks!!!!

that's true, sternchen. there's a phrase in my country: "tell me what you flaunt of, and i'll tell you what you doesn't have"(i hope i translate it well, my english is kinda poor in some cases)...what i want to say is that public affections could be to show something you don't have on private, at home, when you're alone with your wife or husband, and you need to show it so people could believe that your relationship is perfect.

personally, i don't like being affective in public. my man knows that i love him and i'm his, and i know that he's mine and he loves me with all his heart. we don't need to be an exhibitionist or something like that to demonstate everybody that we love each other. we just enjoy our relationship(which has the same time than m&f's) when we are together at our bedroom, when nobody's watching us, then we can be free to do whatever we want, without spectators around us.

in m&f's case, it's more important because they are royals, and they aren't supposed to demonstate their affects in public. now we can see these royal couples doing it, and that's ok if they're not extremely affective, and if m&f doesn't want to do it, it's ok, too, because it's their choice to be like that. since the very beggining, they were extremely discret with their relationship and their public performances, and there's no reason to change now that they are married and have more than 10 years together...and we have to see another thing, they have cameras around them almost 24/7, and that is hard to deal with it. i think they still love each other, they only prefer to be more affective when they are alone. without all those people who was always around them.

sorry if i didn't explain myself correctly...

I understood you perfectly. Thank you ;) I wasn't only talking about holding hands. But there is nothing I can say, I do not know them personally and can only rely on photos.

But at the same time we say "that couple is so loving" when we see a beautiful picture, one should not have stones thrown at just for having doubts.

Last edited by a moderator:
The photos have been taken from far away judging by how grainy they are ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom