General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 5: December 2009 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found this article
Danish royals attend banquet amid more rumours that Mary could soon be queen - hellomagazine.com
should start calling Princess Mary, Queen Mary after Queen Margrethe 70th b-day? also is this article telling the truth?

No until Queen M abdicates or passes away she is still Princess Mary.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig...elige/2009/MARY OG FREDERIK I SCHWEIZ/14.ashx

Isabella and Christian are attending the games too or are these last years pictures?
They are such a handsome family.

Last years pictures from Verbier. :flowers:

No until Queen M abdicates or passes away she is still Princess Mary.

This is an issue that I always wonder about :whistling: Why is it that the average Joe gets to retire at a certain age but reining monarch's don't? I think it would be nice for Queen Margarethe to retire on her 70th birthday so that she can enjoy her twilight years out of the spotlight. :flowers:
If she lives to be 90+ (hopefully a lot longer) she would have no time to relax and enjoy the privacy that she deserves after working for her country and her people for most of her life.

:previous:
She's a queen, not the average joe. :)
She doesn't want to retire, many monarchs have stated they will rule their country until the day they die.
To put a "retire" clause on monarch would be awful.

She's a queen, not the average joe. :)
She doesn't want to retire, many monarchs have stated they will rule their country until the day they die.
To put a "retire" clause on monarch would be awful.

Sorry:ohmy:

I've been thinking that it would be wonderful if Mary will be queen soon but other hand I want that queen Margrethe will be queen until she dies. So i think that these rumors... well, we just have to wait and see what happens. But it's nice that queen gives more and more important duties for Mary and it showes that she trust Mary completely:).

maybe the rumours have some truth in it? now there's marie as well around so she can take some of mary's duties if margrethe abdicates on frederik and mary becomes queen consort. we'll have to wait and see...

Queen Margrethe has herself stated that she will stay put till she 'drops off the chair', and I am convinced she will unless something highly unexpected in connection with her health, for example, would occur.

It's ridiculous how some parts of the Danish media from time to time try to boost sales by claiming that she will abdicate.:cool:

being queen is something you are, it is not some position that you just acquire..being a leader is a lifelong position, so i guess that's why there is no abdication clause if you become a queen. margarethe and elizabeth are born into that position and they vowed to served the country till their last breath...that is perhaps why monarchy survives, because of the person.. however, if she can't rule properly because of health or old age, then stepping aside is probably the best solution for it

I can't see Q. Margrethe stepping aside. She seems to enjoy being the Queen and does a very good job at it. I don't think Mary and Fred would want that burden right now anyway, at least not until their children are older.

Shanaz, your thought about Mary & Frederick was so right and interesting - they are young and they have kids to grown up and they will have plenty time to be king and queen at the future. So I'm sure that queen don't abdicate jsut still continues to give more and more duties to crown prince couple cause she have 2 young and loved persons who can and must deal more royal duties:)

Yes, might not be the best time for Fred and Mary, their family is so young and maybe another child will be born. So if the Queen is healthy, I guess they may not change the status quo.

Yes, I agree too, Prince Fredrick is very handsome. Princess Mary is lucky to have him.

Christian & Isabella at lego land with Mary. Isabella dressed in a princess outfit and Christian in his future role as a King.
Picture & article

Cute photo.

The credit says private, so it was probably taken on a mobile phone.

Such a cute photo, looks like they're going to visit someone. :)

All posts regarding the 'Bogan in Denmark' blog have been removed, as the blog contains no new news/information (has not been updated since mid-2008).

Any queries should be PMed to the Danish moderators,
JessRulz, dazzling and iceflower

Sounds like the had quite a party after dinner.
Is there any friendship connection between Mary and Rigmor?

Translation.
Google Translate

Is there any friendship connection between Mary and Rigmor?
I don't know but Rigmor's father, Peter Zobel, is a hunting friend of Prince Henrik so Rigmor may have been somewhere in the royal friend sphere via her father's connection. Peter Zobel became 'hofjægermester' (Master of the Royal Hunt) in 2006.

wouldn't be this a bad publiit for Mary if Rugnor was convicted for drugs?

wouldn't be this a bad publiit for Mary if Rugnor was convicted for drugs?

I've read in another forum that Rugnor was already convicted for drugs.
She was sentenced recently a fine to 20.000 DKK for posession of cocaine.

I've read in another forum that Rugnor was already convicted for drugs.
She was sentenced recently a fine to 20.000 DKK for posession of cocaine.

It´s tru that she (Rigmor Zobel) has got a fine to 20,000 DKK for posession of cocaine :bang::bang::bang:
I DON´T understand why in the world that ther are peapol who are doing drugs and when CP Mary are having a dinner with a drugaddict it will only damige her person as a futur Queen of Denmark..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom