The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Royal Highness

My french isn't perfect either, but clearly understand that they just refer to Princess Benedikte as his mother, in order to explain the connection between Mary and Gustav. But they write that Carina Axelsson was also present.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:18 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Nikolai, Prince Christian, Princess Isabella
Billed-Bladet - Kongelige krudtugler i aktion. Se de dejlige billeder!

Old 06-02-2009, 05:40 AM
Courtier

I think Mary was godmother to another child of this couple, does anyone know if the little boy in the photo with Mary at the Christening her godchild?

Mary looks great.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfre View Post
I think Mary was godmother to another child of this couple, does anyone know if the little boy in the photo with Mary at the Christening her godchild?

Mary looks great.
is mary again godmother? i thought one person was chosen only once for each child. i think what the title means is that she "baptised" a new dress (robe is clothes, isn't it?).

i just saw the news in hola, but they say that she welcomed gustav and carina at her residence, which is not right, i guess. hola makes mistakes...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Mary de Dinamarca acude a un bautizo mientras*su marido contin&ua |Noticias hola.com
Old 06-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ok, I dont have a link at the mo sorry but from what I can pick up from the non-English articles (lol), the background in the pics and the way the press is positioned, is this a 2nd christening following on from the one where Mary wore white and the mother wore a pink-purple swirly patterned dress????? That was a couple of years ago now.

I know thats one heck of a sentence, but if noone else understands me, maybe JessRulz or GlitteringTiaras will help me out later on!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 02:51 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

You're right marmi, this is the second Reedtz-Thott christening Mary's attended in the past few years. The first was in late 2006 when Mary was the godmother of the Baron and Baroness' second child, their son Holger, who I believe is the little boy Mary is talking to (his older brother is in the background).

Mary is not godmother of their daughter.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Click here to read about CP Mary's stylists:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/7701-m...mark-to-shine/
Old 06-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Aristocracy

Question

What is the little girl of the Reedtz-Thott's name? I know their two sons are called Ludvig (or Ludwig) and Holger...I love those names so I am anxious and curious to know what Otto and Helle (love those names too!) name a daughter of theirs...Does anybody know?

thanks in advance!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The Reedtz-Thotts named their little girl Eloise Caroline Dagmar Sophie. Lovely name IMO, very regal.

ETA: Article and picture of Mary picking Christian and Isabella up from pre-school yesterday. She was quizzed on her opinion on the weekend's succession vote, to which she replied with a smart 'No comment'.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:12 AM
Serene Highness

Mary is very elegant to pick up children at school!!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 06-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

yea, maybe she had something before that, otherwise I bet that she would go with a pair of jeans!
Old 06-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

The Reedtz-Thotts named their little girl Eloise Caroline Dagmar Sophie. Lovely name IMO, very regal.

ETA: Article and picture of Mary picking Christian and Isabella up from pre-school yesterday. She was quizzed on her opinion on the weekend's succession vote, to which she replied with a smart 'No comment'.
Very clever of Mary indeed. But i do wonder what she thinks.

That is a beautiful name for a little girl, maybe Mary can get some idea
Old 06-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Billed Bladet has an article titled, "10 Things You Didn't Know About Frederik":

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...0Frederik.aspx

Some of the highlights:

He took off all of his clothes at Peter Heering's pre-wedding party.

He likes to drink decaffeinated Sprite when he is racing sailboats.

His nicknames in school were: Frodo, Hold, Freddy, Peace, and Pinocchio.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

this is cool to know, i wonder why pinochio, did he like to lie?becasue he does not have a big nose!
Old 06-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I was wondering the same thing! I was also curious about "Peace". I would like to know how that came about.

The pre-wedding celebrations for Peter Heering's wedding must have been very wild. The article also says that Frederik always wears a diving watch by Citizen, and that he was very close to one of his nannies.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
... and that he was very close to one of his nannies.
As to nannies there is only one, where Frederik and Joachim are concerned: Else Pedersen . Frederik has always given the impression of being rather attached to her, and she attended his wedding. His interview with Parade was quoted in BT some months ago and it was said that he and Else Pedersen are still having contact.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:05 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing! I was also curious about "Peace". I would like to know how that came about.
I remember that when I've been translating some articles with Frederik's name in it via Google Translate, it will often come up with "Prince Peaceful" where "Kronprins Frederik" was. So, I looked the name up on Baby Namer, and Frederik is an Ancient Germanic name meaning "peaceful ruler".

I would assume that's where the "Peace" nickname comes from.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:45 AM
Gentry

Quote:
I was also curious about "Peace". I would like to know how that came about.
This thing about "Peace" is a misunderstanding. I read the article in Danish and it says "Fred", which is short for Frederik. It also happens to mean "Peace", but that is not the intended meaning if you use it as a name. I'm not sure of the Danish pronunciation, but in Swedish (closely related to Danish) Fred as a name and fred as a noun wouldn't even have the same pronunciation.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Billed Bladet has an article titled, "10 Things You Didn't Know About Frederik":

Billed-Bladet - Kronprins Frederik – 10 ting du ikke vidste

Some of the highlights:

He took off all of his clothes at Peter Heering's pre-wedding party.

He likes to drink decaffeinated Sprite when he is racing sailboats.

His nicknames in school were: Frodo, Hold, Freddy, Peace, and Pinocchio.
Tne things I certainly didn't know about Frederik. I wonder how he got into the situation to do with the first highlight.