General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 1: August 2007 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alas, I see that Scrooge is not dead. Would that his followers would just shut down their computers when they are overwhelmed. We fans of M&F cannot get enough and I viewed all the pictures as a nice holiday present. In the New Year I will tackle that basic misconception that Fredreik is paid to do his job. He is granted an allowance and with the staff he must maintain and compared to the other royals, it seems hardly enough.

Whether you are a fan of Mary and Frederik or not, everyone is allowed to voice their opinion. Diversity is a good thing on a discussion board, even if it irritates you.

So please be respectful of others, and please do not attack their personal viewpoints by thinly veiling it as snark.

:merryxmas:

i want ziggy so cute and adorable :wub:(we should start a thread all about ziggy as she gets herself in lots of pictures :lol::lol:)

it was nice that the pictures were releashed after not getting any for Christian's birthday they have been very generous in giving us lots of new pictures but some of them especially of Mary and Frederick seem abit forced

what is their christmas tree like - awful

im not entirely keen on royals doing interviews for magazines you dont see william giving an interview to hello or felipe or letizia giving and exclusive to hola - they keep their lives private but mary and frederick seem to do alot of these magazine photo shoots and interviews and are too open about their private lives especially about when they will become king and queen - its not something either Margarthe or Henrik must want to read about in a danish magazine

Surely you don't believe that is their actual Christmas tree? Uhh, I don't think that very likely ...;)

Nice pictures. I don't think they should have shoot so many but well that is my opinion. Perhaps 10 at the most would have sufficed but 34?:ermm:

Poor Frederik and Mary - if they don't pose for pictures there is trouble in paradise, and when they do it is forced :cool: - they just can't win....

I agree UserDane Frederik and Mary can't win and they will never win because no matter what someone will always knock them.

In my personal taste I prefer royals who release pictures and give interviews like this I find them more accessable than the ones who don't.

Merry Christmas Everyone.

Nice pictures. I don't think they should have shoot so many but well that is my opinion. Perhaps 10 at the most would have sufficed but 34?:ermm:

(You could have have stopped looking at 10 if you found them boring:flowers:)
We all know how snapper happy photographers are. Once they get going it's hard to stop them. I loved all 34 of the pictures and I am grateful that the CP couple chose to share them with us.
I absolutely believe that Fred and Mary are as loving in the privacy of their own home. :wub:
:santa2: I wish everyone at the Forums a Safe and Happy Christmas.:santa2:

im not entirely keen on royals doing interviews for magazines you dont see william giving an interview to hello or felipe or letizia giving and exclusive to hola - they keep their lives private but mary and frederick seem to do alot of these magazine photo shoots and interviews and are too open about their private lives especially about when they will become king and queen - its not something either Margarthe or Henrik must want to read about in a danish magazine

Did they really reveal so much in the interview? Seems pretty general to me. How do you know Margarthe or Henrick must not want to read about it?

(You could have have stopped looking at 10 if you found them boring:flowers:)

Did I SAY I found them boring?:ermm: I sure didn't! I simply said that I thought it was excessive. Plus, I also said the pictures were NICE. Not boring. But nice.

I don't like it when my words start becoming misconstrued. I don't post here very often for fear of this sort of thing happening like it just as.

Thank you for those who explained the whole Christmas tree issue - now I wish I had my own personal tree as well as the family one! :D

Merry Christmas to all! :stocking::stocking:

Did I SAY I found them boring?:ermm: I sure didn't! I simply said that I thought it was excessive. Plus, I also said the pictures were NICE. Not boring. But nice.

I don't like it when my words start becoming misconstrued. I don't post here very often for fear of this sort of thing happening like it just as.

No you didn't say they were boring but the comment suggested that you thought 34 was excessive, the ermm face suggested that you were bored with that amount so ......................
I don't ever presume to know what people are thinking but I do assume simply by their actions that, they give away what they are feeling, thinking????? etc.:flowers:
I apologise if I gave the impression that I was misinterpreting your comments, it is easy to get the wrong impression through printed words, CAPITALS and emoticons.
Please accept my apology and have a great Christmas :holly:

i want ziggy so cute and adorable :wub:(we should start a thread all about ziggy as she gets herself in lots of pictures :lol::lol:)

it was nice that the pictures were releashed after not getting any for Christian's birthday they have been very generous in giving us lots of new pictures but some of them especially of Mary and Frederick seem abit forced

Berlingske Tidende is nothing like Hola or Hello. The equivalent of Berlingske Tidende in the US, would be The Times, it's a very respected newspaper, or so I've been told by a dane, on another board.

And the danish couple have been critisized for not opening up enough. Not enough family pictures, interviews etc., by the danish media (notably Jes-something, a TV reporter). This is clearly something that had to be done, and that's apparently the way the danish people like it the most. That their CP couple is OPEN and down to earth. They are the tax payers, arn't they ? So it is their ropinion that counts, yes ? I don't see the problem, I just don't --

I thought I was the only one. I thought the pics of the "happy couple" looked horribly contrived. Seems like many of you think so too.

I apologise if I gave the impression that I was misinterpreting your comments, it is easy to get the wrong impression through printed words, CAPITALS and emoticons.
Please accept my apology and have a great Christmas :holly:

No problem! Mary and Frederik are actually one my favorite royal couples besides the Asturias couple and Victoria and Daniel. I thought the pictures are lovely but I found that taking so many was a bit much like they were a hollywood couple doing an exclusive photo shoot for OK! magazine. Don't get me wrong I think the photos are wonderful though.

You have a great Christmas, too!

Berlingske Tidende is nothing like Hola or Hello. The equivalent of Berlingske Tidende in the US, would be The Times, it's a very respected newspaper, or so I've been told by a dane, on another board.

And the danish couple have been critisized for not opening up enough. Not enough family pictures, interviews etc., by the danish media (notably Jes-something, a TV reporter). This is clearly something that had to be done, and that's apparently the way the danish people like it the most. That their CP couple is OPEN and down to earth. They are the tax payers, arn't they ? So it is their ropinion that counts, yes ? I don't see the problem, I just don't --

are there any numbers, polls etc of danes that think that? would be intresting to see. Also, I do think they do need to open up a bit more as in a few interviews etc but not too sure about pictures because we always get to see them as well as their children. But yet I also think the couple need their privacy and their life's should be private just how any other one of us would like our lives to be.

Does anyone know why they choose this magazine/paper?

the photos are adorable! however, what a bunch in such a short time! photos of isabella, photos of the family in amalienborg, xmas photoshoot, couple in fredensborg... isn't it way too much for some weeks? one can say they simply love it later... (don't get me wrong, i love photos, but perhaps they would have like to spread them a bit more? first they were critisized because of not releasing pics in christian's pic, now 4 photoshoots in a row)

anyways, they are extremely cute pictures and i loved seeing new family pictures. was there any particular reason for so many of them, though?

I was startled when I saw how many photos Fr&M have revealed! I must agree that all photos are beautiful and I'm really fascinated about how elegant and nice their home is. And also I'm happy seeing little royals but... But also I want to say that there are too many photos in short period - I think that they would have been revealed some of them earlier... Photos with kids where natural and simpler than those where Fr&M were together. I don't want to say nothing wrong but I personally think that these photos were too much - for me these seemed like "ok, You wanted much photos - You've got them now and be happy!!!" :)
Anyway I'm happy that there are new photos of royal family.

I was startled when I saw how many photos Fr&M have revealed! I must agree that all photos are beautiful and I'm really fascinated about how elegant and nice their home is. And also I'm happy seeing little royals but... But also I want to say that there are too many photos in short period - I think that they would have been revealed some of them earlier... Photos with kids where natural and simpler than those where Fr&M were together. I don't want to say nothing wrong but I personally think that these photos were too much - for me these seemed like "ok, You wanted much photos - You've got them now and be happy!!!" :)
Anyway I'm happy that there are new photos of royal family.

It seems that we are all assuming that fred and Mary had 100% control over everything that happened, I don't believe as much. I personally am at complete happiness with all of the photos. Yes, some of them seem a bit forced, but I am happy for them nonetheless.

God Jul to all

[Reply to post #174 from Glittering Tiaras - my quote function doesn't work, sorry]

With all due respect what you are confused about?

The discussion, so far, is varied with members expressing their opinions regarding today's photos. There will be some who disagree with their fellow members assessment of the photos, but why should anyone knock them for it? Or note that they wrong for having an opinion that is vastly different from the rest of the readers? You also noted the "double standard" theory, UD, but from my perspective I don't see it at all. :) And that's okay.

Second, not everyone sees these latest photos as being "staged", and if that is their opinion of the situation shouldn't others at least respect it? Then if they want, they could counterargue it.

Third, I think it's important to have a discussion rather than this, or any other topic, filled with empty posts. I'm sure there are some members who would agree.

And how does the argument about this being in reaction to that inconsequential book by Trine Willemann come into the equation?
There have been several references to Trine swirling on the 'Net.

True, she got her limelight and her easy money - so what? Socalled 'royal experts' in all monarchies make these kind of 'scandalous' books about various royals - and the books are forgotten just as quickly
I disagree with you. That book was one of the first, within this new decade, to seriously question the Danish monarchy. Is it a blasphemous thing to question their status (place in today's society) in the 21st century? Of course not. Does that mean that book will go away and everyone will forget about? No, not in my opinion; however, there will be those who will continue to lamblast that book, which is their right, but to say that it will fade into oblivion essentially isn't valid.

Judging from some of the posts here one would think that Trine WIllemann and her book is still a hot topic in every second Danish home - that has totally escaped my notice I'm afraid

Of course not, UD, that's an over exaggeration.:) However, if someone brings it up, again, people will respond to it.

As Norwegianna says it is not as if F&M goes into a lengthy discussion about that book in the interview
Of course not, their supposed to dodge that question or briefly acknowledge it and then move on, which is what they did.

IMO, it is such a pity and wholly unnecessary to link the interview and the photos to that one book.
Not everyone did. Perhaps for some it was a culmination of events that led up to it.

I understand and respect your opinion, UD, but I think it's healthy to discuss things, even if it's over silly photos. Otherwise, what is the point of a discussion board?

Sorry Glittering Tiaras, but my confusion has not lessened.:) I still don't understand why at some point in the comments to a number of released pictures it is seen as a reaction to a book which I still find inconsquential and on par with any other malicious gossip about royals in other countries (yes, there are references to it on the net, but what is not referenced on the net these days?)
And I do not think that this book is in any way more of a landmark for the public view of the royal Danish family than any other royal-hostile article in Ekstra Bladet (which published this book....) or by Henrik Quortrup at Se&Hør. If Lisbeth Knudsen at Berlingske Tidende or Thøger Seidenfaden at Politiken or another well-known and respected journalist at Jyllands-Posten or Børsen had published an in-depth and thorough critical analysis of the royal family and its workings and given examples supported by named sources, this would have been worrying and given cause to step back and evaluate. But not Trine Villemann :cool: If so, I would have to start thinking that Hello Magazine has faultless articles or that Wikipedia was guaranteed correct in everything. The best thing about Trine Villemann's book was the reviews done by her 'fellow' journalists - some of them were really funny. I remember a really good one from Jyllands-Posten in particular. So yes, I claim that it is valid to say that it will fade into oblivion simply because it has nothing to distinguish itself with from the flow of ordinary newspaper and magazine gossip.

Discussions are good - and by all means discuss. I just think that it is good to keep the level of sources that are referred to in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the end of the day I am pleased to see all the pictures seeing as no pics of Christian was available with his birthday. Whenever pics of the Crown Prince couples are published, I decide whether I want to view all the pictures or just one or two that way I don't have any reason to complain about too many or too few pictures posted. Pr Isabella looks more and more like her dad.

Stellad

I think the photos are great, no matter how many, specially the ones with the children, they look like a happy family enjoying quality time together decorating their tree.

Whenever pics of the Crown Prince couples are published, I decide whether I want to view all the pictures or just one or two that way I don't have any reason to complain about too many or too few pictures posted.

Stellad

it's not about lots of pictures being released. i love pictures being released, but there was quite an empty time when we had no pictures at all and now we have 30 or more! perhaps they could have released some before or organise photoshoots for different times in the year.

however, this may all be connected with the interview they gave, in which case i suppose it would be okay, as one can do many photoshoots for a single "meeting with the press".

IMO I would rather see just a few good photos than a series where you have to spend time looking through them all and it turns out there is only a few good ones anyway. Thats more of a courtesy for our side to just put the useful ones.

I find it interesting that they used Frederick and Mary as examples in this story. I never believed the rumors that their marriage is on the rocks.

The pain behind the princess myth
December 24, 2007

Page 1 of 3

Courting disaster ... Prince Frederik and Princess Mary attend a gala event at the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen. Persistent rumours of marital discord dog the fairytale couple.

Relationships - Life & Style Home - smh.com.au

I really liked the pictures, I think it was a perfect amount released, and I don't care how "real" or "fake" they are, it's best that we just got to see them and the kids in their home setting.

And for those of you who are complaining about too many pictures, staged, etc., you might want to head on over to the Christian's 2nd Birthday thread, and see how everybody (myself included:blush:) was in a snit because there had been no pictures released. And now, when they give us pictures, we're complaining about that! It makes us sound like spoiled children, IMO.

Not enough pictures, too many pictures...? Just be happy to have seen any at all. They didn't have to circulate a single one if they so desired.

I really liked the pictures, I think it was a perfect amount released, and I don't care how "real" or "fake" they are, it's best that we just got to see them and the kids in their home setting.

And for those of you who are complaining about too many pictures, staged, etc., you might want to head on over to the Christian's 2nd Birthday thread, and see how everybody (myself included:blush:) was in a snit because there had been no pictures released. And now, when they give us pictures, we're complaining about that! It makes us sound like spoiled children, IMO.

Well Said acdc1 our consant complaining makes us sound like spoiled children. I have no problem with the amount of pictures released. It's about the same as a roll of film give or take a few and it's better than nothing.

Well, I don´t think that the royals are like puppets, we throw a dime and they dance for us. So in that I feel that they are free to give the amount of access to their private life and small children as much (or as little) as they want, provided that the general public will get a few opportunities a year to see the little royals, considering their future roles. Considering the times we have seen little Christian IMO the Danish CP and his wife have been rather generous to us, and if we want to see more of the little ones we should take children ourself. So in that sense I do not think that this session was needed or overdue.

Neither do I think the amount of pictures were abnormal. The photographer stays with the royals for an hour or two, takes a few pictures and uses the nicest one. Nothing new here.

That doesn´t mean that I find this photosession a great success. Although the ones with the children were nice enough I really disliked the other photoshoot (Mary and Frederik outside together). It was done by another photographer, which clearly shows. The style was more suitable for a soccerplayer and his actress-wife who pose for OK magazine than for a crownprince and crownprincess. Apart from the cheesy-ness they strike me as utterly fake. I have seen portrait pictures of the late Queen Mary (of the UK) that showed more spontanity than these pictures ;). I believe the session was done by a person who won some kind of photography award. A nice idea to allow him to make pictures, but next time I would prefer a different set-up. What usually works best is when a photographer is in the background, as a sort of spy, while the family just does their daily things. Or maybe he/she could escort Frederik and/or Mary on an official duty.

I have read on another forum some parts of the interview, nothing seems to be too shocking and I am glad that they refuse to get into the specifics of the gossip press. Still it would be nice if the couple could come up with an awnser that showed they had more of a clue about their future role that the awnser they gave (something like ´we will see where the future will take us´), especially considering that some in the press started wondering if Frederik is suitable for his role (remember the Danish Olympic Comitee).

Having all that said, I would like to add that I am rather gratefull that we are able to have a discussion like this, which goes beyond the level of kindergarten (I hate Mary/ Why don´t you like my Mary?).

Not enough pictures, too many pictures...? Just be happy to have seen any at all. They didn't have to circulate a single one if they so desired.

while it's their decision to release pictures, i doubt it is an option to not release official photos in such a long time. christian is, after all, the heir, and it would be very unwise from them to keep him hidden because they don't want the world to see him.

provided that the general public will get a few opportunities a year to see the little royals, considering their future roles.

precisely. that's why i truly believe it is not an option for them to say "in the next 2 years we will not release pictures".

having said that, i loved the pictures and thought all of them were extremely cute. it just surprised me the amount of pictures and photoshoots they released and did in such a short time. from a PR point of view, it's quite unacceptable, because of the simple reason that they should be doing something else instead of posing for a photoshoot as if they were models or the beckham's instead of heirs to the throne. yes, you can do all those photos (i guess each photoshoot would have taken at least a couple of hours), but don't release them all at the same time! it doesn't give the best impression on what you are doing in your free time. it also looks agressive considering they were critisised because of not releasing pictures for christian's birthday: something like "you wanted pictures, here you have them!"

again, and before someone jumps straight to my jugular in their defense for critisising them when they are releasing the always-loved photos, i will repeat that the photos are great and that i loved seeing them. just not all of them at the same time. that's all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom