The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Here's one more gallery with several yet unseen pics of the 80-year anniversary of the Dannebrog:

** pp: La princesse Mary et Frederik en marins : double anniversaire sur le Dannebrog **

Old 05-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Royal Highness

Very Nice Pics , Princess Mary Looks Beautiful , her dress Simple & Nice & Suits her well , Thank you iceflower

Old 05-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie attended a dinner on the occasion of the WWF Denmark's 40-year anniversary today, May 30. Prince Henrik is the founder and president of WWF Denmark.

** sn.dk gallery: Billeder: Galla for verdens dyr **
Old 05-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie attended a dinner on the occasion of the WWF Denmark's 40-year anniversary today, May 30. Prince Henrik is the founder and president of WWF Denmark.

** sn.dk gallery: Billeder: Galla for verdens dyr **
Thanks, Iceflower

Normally I don't say much about fashion but what is going on here?!?

Mary is in flower-power gala.
QMII is wearing a kimono.
PH is in Hollywood-Chinese-master-villain outfit.
For whatever reason our Marie reminds me of Heidi from the Alps.

I thought outfits like QMII's and Mary's were burned when people came to their senses during the grass-drought in 1975.

Seriously, was the theme nostalgia?
Old 05-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Courtier

Maybe QMII designed all the dresses herself ?? lol Seriously what's going on here ? Do we have a better picture of Marie ? I have to see her hairstyle.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh wow, not a great day of fashion for the DRF, something surely must have gone wrong there ... at least Frederik and Joachim looks dapper in their suits and bowties.

As always, it's wonderful to see them all out together.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thanks, Iceflower

Normally I don't say much about fashion but what is going on here?!?

I thought outfits like QMII's and Mary's were burned when people came their senses during the grass-drought in 1975.

Seriously, was the theme nostalgia?
Well looking at the other guest, apparently only Henrik and the royal ladoes got the memo that it was a "Back to San Francisco 1968 Summer of Love" party. None of the other guests arrive in costumes or looked like they were tripping. I wonder if they passed the bong around after dinner?
Old 05-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Serene Highness

I think those two crazy kids Daisy and Henrik convinced the family to channel the 1960's. I'm surprised that QMII isn't wearing the famous poppies ... that would have just been the cherry on the cake!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Aristocracy

Nothing wrong with Mary’s or QMII’s fashion. Mary is wearing Vietnamese custom dress and QMII is also wearing Vietnamese/Chinese custom dress. I don't see any wrong with prince Hendrix wearing Chinese custom top. They may be purchased the outfits while they visited Viet Nam country awhile ago. Some of comment sounds like only western outfits are good while Asian custom are not decent.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Aristocracy

That is just way too much lmao. Aww. Mary's dress would work if everyone in the picture were not next to her. Same for the Queen. All together and it's just one big bright headache.

*dims the light on Macbook to compensate*
Old 05-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Aristocracy

I personally like the outfits.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlan View Post
Nothing wrong with Mary’s or QMII’s fashion. Mary is wearing Vietnamese custom dress and QMII is also wearing Vietnamese/Chinese custom dress. I don't see any wrong with prince Hendrix wearing Chinese custom top. They may be purchased the outfits while they visited Viet Nam country awhile ago. Some of comment sounds like only western outfits are good while Asian custom are not decent.
Probably perfectly normal to wear such outfits at a gala in Vietnam but at a black tie gala in Denmark they do look decidedly out of place when compared to the other guests.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

I thought outfits like QMII's and Mary's were burned when people came to their senses during the grass-drought in 1975.
Queen M and PH I better not comment on but Mary's flower-power dress
looks !

Heidi from the Alps looks a bit boring compared to the others.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlan View Post
Some of comment sounds like only western outfits are good while Asian custom are not decent.
IMO it's quite obvious there was a theme at this "World Wildlife" event which was not only followed by the royal family but also by some guests.
And some comments are indeed quite revealing.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:37 AM
Serene Highness

I must admit that I LOVE the dress CPss Mary is wearing :)

I think there was a theme, because some other guests also dressed up in asian-costumes :)
Old 05-31-2012, 04:49 AM
Administrator

A few bigger versions of yesterday's colourful pics

** kongehuset.dk: Middag i anledning af WWF Verdensnaturfonden Danmarks 40-års-jubilæum **

And some more additional pics:

** BB gallery : Kongelig fest i Orangeriet ** ppe gallery **

** BB article: Billeder: Farverig kongelig sommerfest i Fredensborg ** translation **
Old 05-31-2012, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Queen and the Prince both look like they are in Asian wear. Seems Marie forgot the memo or didn't receive it. Queen and Marie looked great!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:23 AM
Heir Apparent

It looks like this event was Asian dress code! However it is to celebrate the WWF Denmark's 40 anniversary it is dubious if this kind of events are really necessary...does the Royal family makes any efforts towards the global financial crisis?Or if Denmark is not a part of this crisis maybe they should give the example on how to prevent and make the coorect iniciatives for it...
Old 05-31-2012, 06:45 AM
Serene Highness

This is an event to celebrate the 40 jubilee of WWF Denmark which was founded by Prince Henrik. What does the global financial crisis have to do with it?
Whether it's necessary: Is the Queen's Diamond Jubilee/Queen Margrethe's 40 Jubilee really necessary? Is a big christening/wedding really necessary? Is any celebration really necessary?

Btw, to stop consumption/spending money doesn't prevent the financial crisis.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:33 AM
Heir Apparent

I think nowadays the royal family should consider wich events are really necessary, those glamorous party, with special costumes, with special guest, were of course they spend a lot of money, to me they are really not necessary...and maybe it is time to consider not to spend so mucht money in fancy things...