The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 04:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Mary has received her first royal order from a foreign country! For the visit from Norway to Denmark that is taking place at the moment, King Harald has appointed the Grand Cross of The Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav to Crown Princess Mary!

The press relese on this matter from the Norwegian Royal Court can be read here.

Old 11-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Heir Apparent

From heir to fraternity for royal Mary
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/fro...407638778.html

Princess Mary jumps back in
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...55E663,00.html

Old 11-09-2005, 10:24 AM
Nobility

is there any news about Fred and Mary's baby?..I miss seeing the little prince..

Old 11-10-2005, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't know if this is the right thread, but Mary's best friend apparently makes some royal aquintance when king & queen visit australia.
she looks very sunny in hot hot day...

pictures from getty :
SYDNEY, NSW - NOVEMBER 09: Media Personality and Princess Mary of Denmak bridesmaid Amber Petty attends the 2005 Swedish Business in Australia Awards at Sydney Opera House on November 9, 2005 in Sydney, Australia. His majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden present the 2005 Swedish Business in Australia Awards as part as their official visit of the country.

ps. please feel free to remove this post if it's not appropriate.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
I don't know if this is the right thread, but Mary's best friend apparently makes some royal aquintance when king & queen visit australia.
she looks very sunny in hot hot day...

pictures from getty :
SYDNEY, NSW - NOVEMBER 09: Media Personality and Princess Mary of Denmak bridesmaid Amber Petty attends the 2005 Swedish Business in Australia Awards at Sydney Opera House on November 9, 2005 in Sydney, Australia. His majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden present the 2005 Swedish Business in Australia Awards as part as their official visit of the country.

ps. please feel free to remove this post if it's not appropriate.
It was hot and sunny here on the 9th, not so much now though!

Old 11-10-2005, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't know anythingabout the lady, but is Amber Petty a media personality?
Old 11-10-2005, 08:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
I don't know anythingabout the lady, but is Amber Petty a media personality?
She wasn't at all known until her friend CP Mary's wedding where she was a bridesmaid. She has been cashing in on her friendship though IMO, not in an exploitive way, but taking her 15 minutes of fame so to speak.

We have recently had the spring horse racing carnival here in Australia, as this is always a great time for women to dress up with the warm weather, fashion is made a big deal of, and Amber was a TV fashion commentator for the week, although I'm not sure what qualifications she has for this!

Old 11-10-2005, 08:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Ah right thank you. I thought the situation must be similar to what you had described.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
She wasn't at all known until her friend CP Mary's wedding where she was a bridesmaid. She has been cashing in on her friendship though IMO, not in an exploitive way, but taking her 15 minutes of fame so to speak.

We have recently had the spring horse racing carnival here in Australia, as this is always a great time for women to dress up with the warm weather, fashion is made a big deal of, and Amber was a TV fashion commentator for the week, although I'm not sure what qualifications she has for this!
She was not wellknown before. But she was already working as a MTV-host before she got known to a more wider public as a bridesmaid at Marys wedding.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromEU
She was not wellknown before. But she was already working as a MTV-host before she got known to a more wider public as a bridesmaid at Marys wedding.
Yes, but she started working as a host after she became famous as CP Mary's friend.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Yes, but she started working as a host after she became famous as CP Mary's friend.
yes, that's right. now she's sort of a general media figure. popping up in different magazine and tv shows. she writes columns too i understand.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
yes, that's right. now she's sort of a general media figure. popping up in different magazine and tv shows. she writes columns too i understand.
I'm not sure about the writing of columns, but maybe I just don't read the paper or magazine that she writes for.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I'm getting really annoyed that we don't have a date for the christening yet.

Its one thing to hold off the christening itself but a bit too secretive for my tastes to withhold information about the date.

What are they waiting on?
Old 11-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm completely with you. they haven't even ballparked about when it will be.

the baby was born over 3 weeks ago, you would think they could have pinned down a date by now.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Ah, it probably has something to do with some other arcane royal protocol that we know nothing about. At this rate, den nye lille prins is definitely going to be too big for his christening gown!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Courtier

Well, there will be a few royal christenings in the weeks/months to come. Some coordination between the royal houses must be done: the christening of the danish future little king commands the presence of other kings and queens and so does the christening of the beautiful Spanish infanta, plus the Crown Princess of Norway is about to give birth to her 2nd royal baby. And I'm not talking about Albert's special ceremony... Busy busy schedule for royal followers!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
No, she became famous(if you can call it that) after being Mary’s bridesmaid. No one knew who was going to be bridesmaids before it was announced some time before the wedding and Amber was already a MTV-host then.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromEU
No, she became famous(if you can call it that) after being Mary’s bridesmaid. No one knew who was going to be bridesmaids before it was announced some time before the wedding and Amber was already a MTV-host then.
MTV in Australia, or overseas? Because I don't remember her here, and I've lived in Sydney for quite a long time.

Old 11-10-2005, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
Well, there will be a few royal christenings in the weeks/months to come. Some coordination between the royal houses must be done: the christening of the danish future little king commands the presence of other kings and queens and so does the christening of the beautiful Spanish infanta, plus the Crown Princess of Norway is about to give birth to her 2nd royal baby. And I'm not talking about Albert's special ceremony... Busy busy schedule for royal followers!
yes indeed! That's all the more reason to get den lille prins' christening date set. Maybe as you say they're all coordinating between themselves.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I also think that one reason why they are waiting with announcing any date for the christening is the fact that the majority of Mary's family on her parents' side live in Australia. So if some of them will attend the christening, which I expect they will, the Royal Court has to coordinate with them too, and sort out all of the practicalities around their stay. But of course there are many other reasons too, I just think this is one of them.