The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Nobility

What exactly happened with Mary's mother?

Old 01-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucys
I have a stupid question--why do you suppose she wore hats all summer long and now that it's winter time she has rarely worn them? Do I simply not understand the protocol of when hats are a go and when a no-go?
Maybe in the summer the hats were to protect her eyes and skin from the sun...and in the winter there isn't as much sun so the hats aren't necessary? Plus, a winter hat is more to keep your head warm and less to be a flattering fashion accessory...

Old 01-20-2005, 01:57 PM
Commoner

Vote for Mary as Most Elegant Woman this week in Hola Magazine!!! Here's the Link:
http://www.hola.com/club/trajelegante/

Vote, vote, vote :)

Donna
Old 01-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Courtier

Mary has certainly done sth with her wrinkles to make them disappear,this pic is the best evidence
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Commoner

i'd say botox. if not, lots and lots of makeup.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Aristocracy

Well, in the picture, she just got out of the church, where she had some teary moments with Fred. Furthermore this speculation on a few pictures is ridiculous. Why should she use botox, she is only 33. I think this speculation only shows the posters own vanity.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Royal Highness

I'd believe that she had botox or cosmetic work done if she didn't have her pre-wedding wrinkles in her face, but she does. The pictures above clearly illustrate that. So unless I can see a marked difference or some concrete evidence that she has had worked done. I won't buy such a theory.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Courtier

when you smile and show emotion your lines show... when you dont show emotion the tissue stays nice and ironed out...
Old 01-21-2005, 02:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe the people working with the photos manipulated with the pictures [eg. removed wrinkles and blemishes] ...
Old 01-21-2005, 04:30 AM
Courtier

mabye she is using oil of olay... or some radically exprensive foundation....
Old 01-21-2005, 05:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromEU
Why should she use botox, she is only 33..
the thing with botox is that you dont have to be old or young,it can be used for any age, cause it only lasts for a few months.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent

or maybe she is just one of those lucky people to have flawless, beautiful skin ^____^
Old 01-21-2005, 06:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who
the thing with botox is that you dont have to be old or young,it can be used for any age, cause it only lasts for a few months.
If you don't mind me asking :) , do you believe then that Mary is using botox? Its not that I'm even entertaining the possibility, because I don't think Mary has flawless skin... but I just wanted to know where you stand, because your posts implies that you believe Mary is using it, without saying it outright.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I just wanted to know. Thanks. :)
Old 01-21-2005, 07:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasl
If you don't mind me asking :) , do you believe then that Mary is using botox? Its not that I'm even entertaining the possibility, because I don't think Mary has flawless skin... but I just wanted to know where you stand, because your posts implies that you believe Mary is using it, without saying it outright.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I just wanted to know. Thanks. :)
hmm good question.i dont really know.when i talked about botox its not that i think she had or didnt have it done, its just to make some things clear, casue some people thing that you have to be a certain age to have it done, and that you have to have lots of wrinkles.

About her using it, i get the feeling she has done something to her face, but that dsnt mean botox.if you look at the wedding picture that was posted and another recent picture, there is certainly a difference in her face.she might have just started using the right products or maybe haveing the right facials done
Old 01-21-2005, 07:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
Maybe the people working with the photos manipulated with the pictures [eg. removed wrinkles and blemishes] ...
The photoagencies(polfoto, colourpress etc.) dont manipulate with the pictures. There are thousends of photos, not only of Mary, but also many other celebrities. Imagine manipulating all of them. It would be too timeconsuming and thereby expencive. Especially when there are many pictures from the same event and they have to look identical. But some magazines may do it, with the pictures they choose to print.

Btw when you smile and evenmore when you grin, there will always be wrinkels. It would be very unnatural if not.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Aristocracy

Crownprincess Mary attending the musical Beauty and the Beast in Copenhagen yesterday.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Courtier

from hellomagazine.com

Princess Mary meets a farytale beast

Denmark's Princess Mary capped off a busy day of engagements by meeting up with a fearsome monster on Thursday. The pretty royal came face-to-face with the horned creature when she went along to the Copenhagen premiere of the musical Beauty And The Beast.

The crown princess obviously knows better than to judge a book by its cover, because she showed no sign of nervousness when the hairy beast came to chat with her. Indeed Mary seemed to be thoroughly enjoying his company, as the two were photographed arm-in-arm at the event.

As anyone familiar with the children's story will already know, the frightening-looking hero is really a gentle prince. And he and his fellow performers must have given quite a show, because they were treated to a standing ovation when the final curtain came down.

Earlier in the day the Mary had a rather more serious engagement, when she took over from her father-in-law, Prince Henrik, as patron of the Danish Heart Association. Cardiac health is an issue of particular significance for the 32-year-old because her mother, Henrietta Clarke Donaldson, died during a heart operation in 1997
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 01-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Courtier

The picture of the Crown Princess with the performer who portrayed as the beast was so nice and fun to look at. They were chatting and at the same time enjoying their talk.

I think Crown Princess Mary has greatly improved in all aspects especially as the Crown Princess of Denmark. =)
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 01-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Aristocracy

Nothing wrong with enhancing your beauty like for mary to have a facial or even have a botox. It's the next generation of earth people's forehead that I'm concerned about. They are all so shinny and stiff that I could stamp two veins of hornlike inks that proclaim them alien immigrants from earth. Got the idea from star trek generation. And underneath that shinny foreheads are the eyes bugged with wrinkles, so dismatched. The problem is that it does affect the expression of your face that's why I commented that Mary looked wooden not relaxed as you would think. Theres's no exuberant laughs or deep felt pleasure, just a little smile on the curve of lips, better not fuss with face features. You may say that's serene if you like, and in accord with her majesty margarette's teaching, distance makes beauty. Back to botox, you can't scowl, or move eyebrow closer, the most you can do is open eyes wide and hope it moves the eyebrows a little higher up and that's it. It has nothing to do with eyes at all (risk to eyesights). So it's all on the eyebrows and up, so be your own judge.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori
Nothing wrong with enhancing your beauty like for mary to have a facial or even have a botox. It's the next generation of earth people's forehead that I'm concerned about. They are all so shinny and stiff that I could stamp two veins of hornlike inks that proclaim them alien immigrants from earth. Got the idea from star trek generation. And underneath that shinny foreheads are the eyes bugged with wrinkles, so dismatched. The problem is that it does affect the expression of your face that's why I commented that Mary looked wooden not relaxed as you would think. Theres's no exuberant laughs or deep felt pleasure, just a little smile on the curve of lips, better not fuss with face features. You may say that's serene if you like, and in accord with her majesty margarette's teaching, distance makes beauty. Back to botox, you can't scowl, or move eyebrow closer, the most you can do is open eyes wide and hope it moves the eyebrows a little higher up and that's it. It has nothing to do with eyes at all (risk to eyesights). So it's all on the eyebrows and up, so be your own judge.
If you wish to discuss the effects of botox, you are welcome to start a thread in Chat Chat, otherwise please stay on topic. Thanks for your co-operation.

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

Closed Thread