The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
mary's old driver licence
Wow...where did you get that? ^___^ hahaha....i remember those ancient laminated license i have all of my parents old ones like that hahaha

Old 05-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Courtier

It was part of an ebay auction of some things that supposedly belonged to Mary. They were being sold by a private investigator for a lot of money. The items however, have been removed from ebay and the proper authorities have been contacted (thanks to the Crown Princess Mary Message Board patrons!).

My guess is they were either stolen or in the trash and someone picked it out. It could also be a fake too.

Old 05-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Courtier

Talking Boy am I out of touch!!!

What a wonderful surprise to learn of the impending motherhood of both Mary and Letizia! They must have planned this together . Congratulations to both of the happy parents to be!!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 02:33 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100
It was part of an ebay auction of some things that supposedly belonged to Mary. They were being sold by a private investigator for a lot of money. The items however, have been removed from ebay and the proper authorities have been contacted (thanks to the Crown Princess Mary Message Board patrons!).

My guess is they were either stolen or in the trash and someone picked it out. It could also be a fake too.
Bravo to them for contacting the proper authorities. Itīs the price of fame sometimes. Itīs just a game to some people. The fame game.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

May 12, 2005: Princess Mary awarded the Research Communications Prize to Bente Klarlund Pedersen.

The color of her jacket is marvelous, very refreshing. Just don't like the bow in the hair, somehow overpowering her look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	141754   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	141755   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1304
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	141756   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	141757  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	141758  
Old 05-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
The color of her jacket is marvelous, very refreshing. Just don't like the bow in the hair, somehow overpowering her look.
Seems like she's taken a page out of Mette-Marit's book on a liberal interprtation of hats?

Something about this outfit I just don't care for. I think the pieces are pretty on their own -- the jacket is a nice colour -- a really good colour on Mary, too. But with the skirt?
Old 05-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy

This outfit is stunning on Mary. It's probably one of her best outfits to date. The colour is bright and refreshing, the skirt is feminine and pretty, the make up looks good. The bow on her hair makes it look interesting, it's a nice change from all the hats she's been wearing. It doesn't look that good when it's taken from the back, but it looks great from the side and from the front view.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Courtier

I normally love what Mary wears. The outfit looks good, but not great. I'm never a bit fan of those type of headpieces. No matter who wears them. They all look like dead birds stuck to someones head.

The jacket and skirt are not as fitted as we are used to seeing her in. Plus they have conflicting angles and line going every which way. But I do love the colors on her.

I think the headpiece would look good with a floor length cream wrap dress. Maybe for the opening of parliment or something.

The jacket I would have worn with a straight or a line skirt or pants. The skirt should be more of a fitted top. But since she is pregnant we might begin to see much looser clothes on her.

However, Mary still looks good.:)
Old 05-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Gentry

We're now seeing the start of Mary's pregnancy wardrobe! Knowing how much she recycles, we will be seeing this jacket again!!!! It's a beautiful colour and is very roomy...which means she can wear it when she's more advanced in her pregnancy! I don't think she will be wearing very many fitted clothes! I think she's choosing a wardrobe now for pregancy!:) :p
Old 05-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Royal Highness

I completely agree with you!

I love the color scheme she's working they really suit her complexion quite nicely. The skirt is realy nice and like the diagnal lines it it. It just clashes with the jacket a bit too much. The jacket is great, I love the rich color and those big buttons and the lines in it. It a bit too loose on her though and it can be worn for a few more weeks into her pregnancy. May be we'll see it later..

As for the wanna-be-hat, I am usually not a fan of them, but I don't mind it so much as it looks more like a hair clip and it isn't as overbearing since it's placed like a hair clip and not perched on the side of her head.

Over all, she looks good with the colors, but I am not too fond of the way the outfit is combined.

*Good on her for making a speech!
Old 05-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Seems like she's taken a page out of Mette-Marit's book on a liberal interprtation of hats?
Thatīs what Iīve thought too. It wouldnīt surprise me to see this "thing" at the baptism of the baby again. There seems to be an unwritten law to wear strange so called hats as Royal mother at baptisms.

The outfit on the a whole is very refreshing. Not everyone would "get through" with it-but Mary definitely does.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Courtier

hmm.....am i the only one that does not like this outfit....looks...weird...and...the headpiece....hm...kinda overpowering what she wears
Old 05-12-2005, 11:48 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Mary on the cover ( Point de vue) :)
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2005, 12:56 AM
Courtier

hmm...i was just looking thru the pics on the cp mary message broad...and found sth abt her jacket she wore today......i didn't notice it at first when i saw it on this broad....but when i look at a bigger version of the photo....u can actually see....hmm..sth that looks like her lace bra.....i might be mistaken..but..maybe u can tell me what it is..

it's this pic....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	123zc.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	141922  
Old 05-13-2005, 01:06 AM
Nobility

It looks to me like a singlet top - it'd probably be too cold to just have a bra and nothing else under the jacket!!
Old 05-13-2005, 02:12 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
*Good on her for making a speech!
And here is the speech, translated by yours truly:

Dear All,
Dear prize recipient,

It is a great pleasure for me to hand out this yearīs award in research communication. This prize is given to a researcher who has excelled herself and who has made her area of research relevant and lively to the wider public too. This year the prize goes to the chief doctor of the research council at the University of Copenhagen, Bente Klarlund Pedersen. Besides being an excellent communicator, Bente Klarlund Pedersen also has had an extensive capacity for research in her field. It is for her research in muscle movement and the importance of exercise that she is our prize recipient. She has done work in various fields. Bente Klarlund Pedersen is the warmest or strongest advocate for the suggestion that exercise should be prescribed for all...(Her books include "Prescription for Exercise" and "Pregnancy and Exercise". A book that Mary should perhaps look at...) She is famous for being a bridge-constructor between the world of medicine and the general public. The message to take to heart on exercise is that the benefits of exercise will improve your lifeīs value for an individual and for the community on the whole. This yearīs winner is, thus, a researcher whose contribution is to bring her research to the general public so that more can see how much exercise means for a sound body and soul. Congratultions on the prize.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Courtier

It isn't a bra under her coat it's a camisole top.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
hmm.....am i the only one that does not like this outfit....looks...weird...and...the headpiece....hm...kinda overpowering what she wears
no, you are not the only one for sure.

Quote:
hmm...i was just looking thru the pics on the cp mary message broad...and found sth abt her jacket she wore today......i didn't notice it at first when i saw it on this broad....but when i look at a bigger version of the photo....u can actually see....hmm..sth that looks like her lace bra.....i might be mistaken..but..maybe u can tell me what it is.. it's this pic....
What ever it is , its shows that the coat doesn't fit well (and the fourth photo at post 116 also shows it). I think her skirt and shoes are OK except her coat and hairpiece.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Majesty

i also founded it quite weird that she chose that type of "hat" ... it seems more suitable for a christenng or wedding... but not for a day event...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

The hairpiece isn't really that bad...i think it is the size that just makes it kind of look ridiculous...