Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 1: March 2007 - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a flat that's something to do with Parkinson patients - perhaps a Danish member could help us out (I free translated the description and got "The Countess displayed other day his heavy heart , when she that protektor by Danish Parkinsonforening prvede by awhile , how the daily round by a parkinson - patient experience.")

She visited a flat where the Parkinson organisation in Denmark had placed a lot of balls, so the countess could feel how it is to have Parkinson.

'Countess' isn't that a royal title, so she still royal?
she gets same attention as a royal princess.

It was a title the queen gave her, when she divorced Prince Joachim. She has no connection to the royal house anymore. She's allowed to vote now as well, which royals can't.

'Countess' isn't that a royal title, so she still royal?
she gets same attention as a royal princess.

Countess is a title of the nobility, but it's true that the Danish Royals use the title of Count/Countess for their family members who've fallen out with the system for one reason or the other.

Does anyone know why she's on the front of Her og Nu (I don't speak Danish, so I'm curious to know) Thanks!

Last edited:
Does anyone know why she's on the front of Her og Nu (I don't speak Danish, so I'm curious to know) Thanks!

It says something to the effect that the royal glamour of the former Princess is gone, and that she is simply living a normal life with her husband, Martin.

According to the frontpage of her og nu the glamour of Countess Alexandra and her husband Martin has disappeard from their marriage. Trashy newspaper after my oppinion .:bang:

According to the frontpage of her og nu the glamour of Countess Alexandra and her husband Martin has disappeard from their marriage. Trashy newspaper after my oppinion .:bang:

Especially since it wasn't that long ago when they did their thing on "Mode-grevinden", which I believe is "the fashion Countess."

Especially since it wasn't that long ago when they did their thing on "Mode-grevinden", which I believe is "the fashion Countess."

With the 180 degree turns this magazine does from week to week - it seems almost schizophrenic:D

Apparently (at least according to my free translation:rolleyes:) the Countess has decided that she is not going to overshadow Marie at the circus in Møgeltønder, so I assume that she's not going (source: HER&NU :: Forside). However, this could be wrong, as it was only machine translation.

Apparently (at least according to my free translation:rolleyes:) the Countess has decided that she is not going to overshadow Marie at the circus in Møgeltønder, so I assume that she's not going (source: HER&NU :: Forside). However, this could be wrong, as it was only machine translation.

No, it's correct. The Countess said something about how it wasn't appropriate for her to return to Møgeltønder as an honorary guest of the circus (at Schackenborg) so soon after the wedding.

Thanks Norwegianne.
There's some more pictures of the concert (and some others that I, at least, haven't seen before from other official events & their honeymoon) here:
www.rbppress.nl
Thanks to Paty for the link to this photo agency (in the Joachim & Marie thread)

Last edited:
Hy alex001, I´m so sorry but it seems that the page has a limit time before the session expire, so I can see the photos you posted.

The only that we can do is t type a word for search in the page. Can you tell me what I have to search for.

Hy alex001, I´m so sorry but it seems that the page has a limit time before the session expire, so I can see the photos you posted.

The only that we can do is t type a word for search in the page. Can you tell me what I have to search for.

I first clicked the English flag in the corner, then just typed 'Countess Alexandra' and you should get six pages of photos.

Also, if you type "Princess Alexandra of Denmark" you will get photos of her when she was a Princess, and also some from after her marriage to Martin.

Last edited:
That's a nice picture of the boys, but what is the article about? Free translation that I tried made it seem like the family was on vacation.

Yes, on vacation in Turkey with their mother and stepfather. The picture is a montage, by the way. :flowers:

As far as I can understand Danish, they are interested in a holiday home.

You are right. According to the article they have looked at a holliday home in Alanya. It is quit popular in Denmark to bye holliday homes in Turkey - especially in Alanya.

Alanya is a quite popular holiday spot. Turks like to holiday there as well. I have been there once. It is beautiful there. However it is also much of a touristic place. I am not quite sure how Alex and Martin will manage to protect their privacy in such a crowded place - especially when they must calculate to walk into some Danish people :)

I think that Alexandra and Martin have probably given up trying to be 100% private, because they will always be recognised when walking around in Denmark, so I suppose that they now they can't expect to be entirely private.

By the way, does anybody know what's happening with the Alexandra & Joachim Fund - is it being disolved, or handed to Joachim & Marie? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the translation sirhon11234!

By the way, if anyone's interested, I've found that PictureDesk have some pictures of the Countess that haven't been posted here (nothing official, just leaving a restaurant in Copenhagen some more with the choir as well as this one which I haven't seen before from their honeymoon). Link:APA-PictureDesk

Another picture from August 6th here (somebody who met the Countess and posted it on their blog):
DSC_1813.JPG (image)
According to the lady who took this, the Countess has a very firm handshake! She also told her that, although she'd only been there for a couple of days, she loves Seattle (and big cities in general) because it was so green and because of the water.
She also said that, instead of flying, they had sailed in from victoria to Port Angeles, and then drove.

You can read more info here: http://anneliseblog.blogspot.com/

There's an article here from today, which I can't read as I don't speak Danish and my GramTrans limit is up, but I think it's from today's Odense event.
Fyens Stiftstidende - Odense - Alexandra læser Toppen og Bolden

There's another article here, but the picture is old, from 2006 or 2007, I can't remember:
Alexandra kommer til Odense*| TV 2/Fyn

There's another article here with a picture from today:
Fyens Stiftstidende - Odense - Alexandra ankom for sent til Odense
Unfortunately, I don't really like her suit.

And, horror of horrors! her schedule has been removed from her website, to be replaced with a list of her patronages: (Countess Alexandra of Frederiksborg - Activities)
Hopefully they'll put her schedule back up soon.

There's also an article here with a picture of Martin, Alexandra and Joachim taking Felix to school on his first day (I'm assuming that's what "Første skoledag" means - but it seems quite early to start school - in the UK, we don't start until September).
http://www.seoghoer.dk/Nyheder/Royalt/felix forste skoledag.aspx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom