Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 1: March 2007 - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I however do not see what a 26-27 year old photographer has to offer a 40-year old well educated mother of two

Times, he offered his Love. And Alexandra accepted it. I don't think she needs or wants anything more from Martin.

Its also important to remember that sometimes...age is really nothing but a number.

One of my dearest friends married a man ten years younger than she..she is 40 and he is 30! And he acts more mature than most of our peers! Marriage (from what I gather as I am not married) is compatability, sharing the same interests/goals and love. If you have that....it doesn't matter how old the parties involved are. As long as both parties are of legal age and sound mind of course:flowers:

Last edited:
I however do not see what a 26-27 year old photographer has to offer a 40-year old well educated mother of two aside from his good lucks (More power to Countess Alex for getting a much younger man, I am sure they are in love and in lust). Surely he is a young man without a lot of life experiences. I suppose he is not a threat in anyway to her and she does not have a take a backseat to him.

But maybe that's her attraction and what she seeks? When she met Joachim, she was the more sophisticated one and could offer him probably something he was seeking at this point in his life. They go married and he matured. Maybe that's why they both lost their attraction for each other and now Joachim found a wife he can be a real partner to and Alexandra found Martin - for whatever she gets out of the relationship? Let's simply be happy for them.

It´s actually good that Alexandra has Martin and they got married before Joachim and Marie do.

Imagine the situation without Martin. Alexandra and Joachim divorced, Joachim is going to marry Marie, who he already knew before his divorce with Alexandra. Alexandra is left alone without a new partner or any other ongoing relationship and the two little princes live with her....What would the media interprete this situation?

Not to mention how weird the situation would be with two princesses running around in Denmark: A current wife of Joachim and an Ex-wife of Joachim. How weird would the situation be in those important occasions, galas, state visits...etc.

Besides, I consider the assumption that Martin has nothing to offer for Alexandra except his youth quite mean and unlogical. The same assumption could be applied to Marie, too. It´s interesting that the most part of the society today still can´t accept a relationship in which the woman much older than the man is and these people usually have lots of prejudice towards those relationships, however, if the man is much older than the woman, it´s fine for most people. Strange.

Last edited:
A new book about Countess Alexandra is published.

Danish Royal Watchers

A new book about Countess Alexandra is published.
This book is called "Concerning Alex."
The authors are Johanne Pontoppidan Tuxen and Camilla Høy-Jensen.
It is about the story how the DRF learned to handle a daughter-in-law from the Far East and finally lose her again.
I think it could be an exciting story to read. Hope that there will be German or English version....

There are two new articles on Billed-Bladet.dk about Alexandra and, in one case, Alexandra & Mary. However I can't actually read any words apart from Grevinde Alexandra! Would a Danish member be so kind as to give an overview of the articles?
Thanks in advance
10-11: Alexandra beder med prinserne ... Billed-Bladet: Danmarks Royale Ugeblad...
09-11: Mary afløser Alexandra i Mødrehjælpen ... Billed-Bladet: Danmarks Royale Ugeblad...

The second article is about Mary taking over the patronage of Mothers Help, which used to belong to Alexandra. The other I think is about the religion of the princes, or something to do with church and religion regarding Alex :)

The second article is about Mary taking over the patronage of Mothers Help, which used to belong to Alexandra. The other I think is about the religion of the princes, or something to do with church and religion regarding Alex :)
Thanks - I guessed that about the Mary & Alexandra article, but I just wanted to be sure.

You're probably right about it being about religion, as there is another one about religion and her and the Princes at Kristelight-Dagblad:
Troen giver Alexandra balance i livet | Kristeligt Dagblad

Thanks soooo much for the link!!!
The article seems to be an interview with Alexandra.
Could anybody kindly translate it for us?
I am curious about how she thinks in this issue.

Using free translation, I think I've got the gist of this article:

The caption under the picture says that when Alexandra first converted she knew the psalm "I Østen stiger solen op" quite well, but her favourite is "Dejilg er Earth"

It then goes onto to say that Kristeligt Dagbladt met the countess in Garnisonskirken in Copenhagen, which is a church. Alexandra, Martin and her sons attend this church, and the parish kindergarten/nursery is attended by Felix.

Alexandra says "Christianity matters a lot for me and my family, both on ordinary days and festivals."

She says that the Princes really look forward to Christmas and Easter, and they say the Lord's prayer everyday before bedtime.

She says that, for her, a good sermon is one with humour and read with a twinkle in the eye and that the priest should also come across on topical subjects.

The church, according to the Countess, is an important rallying point in Danish society and is therefore a good place to create and maintain the Danish identity.

She also added that it is important not to forget to enjoy life.

There's lots more, but my daily translation limit has just run out - sorry!

Last edited:
Nov. 27, 2007 UNICEF campaign against HIV/AIDS

Alexandra: Mine børn skal lære om velgørenhed

Danish Royal Watchers (In this blog we can also read the English translation about the interview with Alexandra about the religion issue. Thousand thanks to the translator!) It is mentioned in this interview that Alexandra is also a patron of research for sudden infant death.

Video with part of Alexandra´s speech and an interview with her in the UNICEF campaign against HIV/AIDS: Alexandra til kamp mod Aids - dr.dk/NETTV/Update

Countess Alexandra is a patron of UNICEF Denmark.

Last edited:
The December 2 concert pictures and comments can be found in "Countess Alexandra as Patron of the Danish Radio Girls Choir" thread. Enjoy! :flowers:

Countess Alexandra reading the fairytale "Maskerade" to children suffering from cancer at the Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen.

PPE Agency

The Danish Red Cross organisation is looking for a new Secretary General, since Jørgen Poulsen left his position after he got a parliament seat at the autumn election.
This morning, TV2 claimed that there are people in the organisation who believe that countess Alexandra would be an ideal choice as the next Secretary General.

Countess Alexandra reading the fairytale "Maskerade" to children suffering from cancer at the Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen.

PPE Agency
Is it me or does her engagement ring resemble her first E-ring from Joachim? It's hard to tell from these photos.

Is it me or does her engagement ring resemble her first E-ring from Joachim? It's hard to tell from these photos.

Her engagement ring from Prince Joachim had a round diamond stone flanked by two round rubies. For picture, see this link:
Jewelry

Her engagement ring from Martin is all diamonds. A cushion cut diamond with two diamond bands flanking the stone at top and bottom. Sorry can't describe so have a look here:
Danish Royal Watchers: March 2007
scroll down a bit until you see article 'Alexandra wedding wrap'
and it'll show pictures of the ring and a photo of the designer.

-Ayvee

Thanks Paty. I have to admit, I really don't like her suit. Is it the same one she wore in NY?
Gotta agree here, that suit wasn't the best. It's weird with Alexandra; sometimes she looks terrific and her choice of clothing is stylish and elegant and forward and modern all at once. Her dress sense has been becoming a bit 'looser' since she and Joachim split, and overall it's suited her.

However oftentimes she also looks totally old fashioned, and stiff, like this suit.

And did you notice the body language between the ex spouses? They couldn't be standing further apart if they tried! Speaks volumes I think. I also think future royal spouses probably will refrain from having dual charity funds - there's a too big a chance these couples divorce, and then you get akward situations like this. Because they looked civilized, but awkward..

Princess Olga, I also noticed this distance between the two as well. However, the distance between them in the awarding ceremony last year wasn´t so "obvious" like that of this year. I think it´s because Joachim is engaged now and being a loyal man, he unconciously wanted to keep distance from his ex-wife.

I think they will change the name of this fund sooner or later.

Thanks Paty. I have to admit, I really don't like her suit. Is it the same one she wore in NY?

And I think that there are some photos from the rainforest here that haven't been posted.

For me that suit is ok, but not my favourite style. I don´t know why Alexandra started to wear brown, black, gray, or white very often after her divorce. I like to see her wearing more bright colours. As I remember, she used to wear bright pink very often. It seems to be her favourite colour. She suits blue very well, too. The outfit she wore to visit the sick children and read stories for them this year was terrible. That kind of black and yellowish brown is absolute not my taste! Besides, I like to see her put down her hair, but not put them up soooooo tightly like she did in her recent public events.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Countess looks very elegant and relaxed.

I can't translate the article, but I can tell you that it is the Song of the yesar from the DR Girls choir (from the matching dates from the article and the Countess' website)

She looks great - I love that outfit, apart from her shoes - but maybe I'm overly fussy, beacuse I never like her shoes:)!

I just saw an on-line copy of Billed Bladet. There is an article on the Countess' parents -- Richard and Christa Manley. I can't read Danish, but I think it says that they are moving to Austria. Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you.

I just saw an on-line copy of Billed Bladet. There is an article on the Countess' parents -- Richard and Christa Manley. I can't read Danish, but I think it says that they are moving to Austria. Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you.

Yes, they'll be staying with friends/family there until they find a place of their own. They commented that the cost of living in Denmark, ie. finding a new place for themselves, when they were retired, was too high.

Is it me or does Alexandra look younger and younger everytime we see her? She looks great. And I must say that I like her hair at this length.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom