The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria > The Royal and Princely Houses of Hohenzollern

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Commoner

Dear Renata,

as I posted some days ago, it might still be a chance to watch the Royal Wedding via lifestream.
The homepage of "rbb" is: Willkommen beim rbb | rbb Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg
If they will show the wedding there, I do not know. Maybe it helps to write an e-Mail to the responsibles of the station from the UK to let them decide to do so, when they see that the interest from out of Germany is that high. I wish You good luck.

Regards

Alex R.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you very much, Schwarzer Adler, I will check out the link !

Old 08-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Royal Houses of Bavaria, Saxony, Hannover and Wurttemberg will be represented at this royal wedding?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Commoner

There is news on the public coverage front of the Royal Wedding:

According to informations I got, the ZDF, a big German TV station has blocked some space near the Konzerthaus on Gendarmenmarkt for the concert of the Prinzessin Kira von Preußen-Stiftung on the eve of the wedding. So there will be a chance of TV coverage on Friday, 26.08.2011.
As far as I heard the rbb got permission for camera coverage at the entrance of the evening reception at Neue Kammern and Orangerie. Whether there will be live-coverage or just recording I do not know.
I also got the information that Rolf Seelmann-Eggebrecht will do the moderation/commentation of the Wedding ceremony on rbb.

To Cory:
According to my knowledge all Royal Families have been invited, but not all invitations have allready been answered.

Regards

Alex R.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Hi Alex,
I did email the RBB, but all I got was a "Bestaetigung" :-(
Old 08-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Commoner

Dear Renata,

I am very sorry to hear that. I assume it is a routinely automatically sent "Bestätigung" (confirmation) of the e-Mail you sent via the Kontakt form. I also experienced this on other occasions. I did not get a personal response either. It seems to be "en vogue" for business communications via contact forms on the internet today.
But this does not automatically mean that they will not comply according to Your mail.

Many greetings to the wonderful city of Edinburgh

Alex R.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
is true , prince georgi wife have plastic sugeries ?
Which person do you mean ? Georgi is the russion version of the name Georg.
Do you mean grand prince Georgi Romanow, son of Franz Wilhelm of Prussia (*13.03.1981) ?
Or do you mean Prince Georg Friedrich ?
But both are not married.

And what sign or rumor makes you think of plastic surgery ?
Old 08-20-2011, 03:30 AM
Royal Highness

My question is who will attend the wedding, which members of royal courts as Denmark, spanish, belgium and so, the couple attended the wedding of Prince Albert and Charlene, does somebody who will be ? Perhaps Prince Albert and princess Charlene, some heirs couple as Mary and frederic or Marie and Joachim or Princess Mathilde and Prince Philippe.?
Old 08-20-2011, 04:22 AM
Nobility

I guess we will see it in their wedding day as the guest list is still a secret. During the last couple of years, Georg Friedrich attended the weddings - those I can remember - of CP Felipe of Spain, CP Frederik of Danmark, Prince Albert of Monaco and Prince Rashid bin El Hassan and various royal and noble weddings in Germany. So I think that it is very possible to see members of those families. If I should guess for the Spanish royal family, I think the most likely person to attend it would be the Queen herself as she attended various events of related German families during the last couple of years.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Royal Highness

According to their own website, rbb will broadcast live on tv and on the internet. They will broadcast live from 11 and will show a 40 minute programme with the highlights at 8.15 pm.
I'm particularly looking forward to seeing the Isenburg tiara. Is it known what the dresscode for the evening reception will be? Will the ladies wear tiaras (drool )?
Old 08-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
According to their own website, rbb will broadcast live on tv and on the internet. They will broadcast live from 11 and will show a 40 minute programme with the highlights at 8.15 pm.
I'm particularly looking forward to seeing the Isenburg tiara. Is it known what the dresscode for the evening reception will be? Will the ladies wear tiaras (drool )?
Dress Code for the evening reception will be "white tie" - so you might get your chance to see tiaras... ;-)
As I mentioned earlier the rbb has a camera point at the entrance to the reception, so there might be broadcasting too. At least a summary.

Regards
Alex R.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzerAdler View Post
Dress Code for the evening reception will be "white tie" - so you might get your chance to see tiaras... ;-)
As I mentioned earlier the rbb has a camera point at the entrance to the reception, so there might be broadcasting too. At least a summary.

Regards
Alex R.
Thank you for your thrilling answer, Alex! If they allow a tv camera team, they certainly also allow other journalists and photographers. So we are likely to see some decent pictures of fascinating and rarely seen historical jewellery.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Serene Highness

If coverage starts at 11 am local time that will be 5 am New York time? Is that right? My parents still think I'm crazy for waking at 6 to watch CP Victoria, now their suspicions will be confirmed!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:16 AM
Commoner

Good news for all royalists interested in the wedding of HI&RH Prince Georg Friedrich von Preußen:
The rbb will definitly broadcast the event live from 11:00 on the rbb, SWR and HR television and on this homepage:
Hochzeit in Potsdam | rbb Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg
At 20:15 there will be a summary.
There are a lot on informations on this homepage too.

In addition to that there will be live coverage of the concert of the Prinzessin Kira von Preußen Stiftung on 26.08.2011 from 17:30 on rbb.

Happy weekend and a joyous royal wedding week
Regards
Alex R.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:25 AM
Courtier

Does anyone know if Prince Albert and Princess Charlene of Monaco are invited and going to be there?
Old 08-21-2011, 06:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They are invited - but the official guestlist will not be released. We'll know on the day.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:42 AM
Courtier

Thank you.
So I guess I'll just have to watch
Old 08-22-2011, 06:10 AM
Nobility

ABOUT the TV-WEDDING:

This week the channel RBB has an internetspecial about the couple and the wedding with new articles every day starting with an portrait about the couple.

Das Brautpaar | rbb Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg

The pre-wedding concert ( August, 26 th) can be seen LIVE on:
BRANDENBURG AKTUELL and at the ABENDSCHAU on RBB from 19:30 /( 7:30 pm german time) and on zibb already from 18:30 (6:30 pm german time)

The wedding can be seen live from 11:00 - 14:00 ( 11 am - 2 pm german time ) at

- RBB channel
- internet livestream at: Willkommen beim rbb | rbb Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg
- HR channel
- SWR -channel

There will be a 40 minutes short- special about the highlights after the wedding on RBB - time already unknown.

According to: http://www.rbb-online.de/fernsehen/p...sendungen.html
Old 08-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Nobility

For the evening reception Sophie will wear the Mäander Tiara that was worn by GF's grandmother and some of his aunts on their wedding days.

Hohenzollern Brute mit dem Mander-Tiara Kronprinzessin Cecilies|
Hochzeit in Potsdam | rbb Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg
Old 08-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The dutch court said that no member of the family will attend the wedding, after questions from the media. It seems that the contact between the families ceased after the death of princess Kira.