Royal Rings - all types

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Emerald cuts are my least favourite cut for diamonds. To me, they do indeed look flat, and don't seem to have the marvelous sparkle you get in rounds, hearts or pears. Cushion cuts can be sparkly, if they're Portuguese style (lots and lots of little facets).

My own engagement ring from DukeRichard is a 20-carat emerald, and the cut named for the stone looks quite right and proper. It just doesn't seem to be the optimum cut for diamonds, though, imo.

I dont understand why they photoshopped Charlenes ring.Its bound to reveal its true size!

Does anyone have an HQ photo of Tatianas ring?I tried to look for one but it comes off as blurry.Thanks.

My favorites:

5-Queen Mother I know people didnt like it on Camilla but im sure it looked good when it was brand new.

4 Sophie-It kinda looks like her mother in laws

3 Diana-Classic

2 Grace-Big but not too big

1 Elizabeth ii-Timeless and elegant

UGH. That thing looks so masculine, I can't imagine Diana wearing it.:ermm:

It was quite pretty when displayed in the store.

I personally like the ring, but it looks more like a cocktail ring, not an engagement ring. I would venture to guess that it looks better in person.

Is there anyone who has birthstone or other than diamond engagement rings?

I don't like that ring, but it looks like the type of thing Dodi would choose!

But I never believed Diana had any intention of marrying him.

Meaning..what? My birthstone is a pearl. They're very delicate, and I hardly wear them.

Why don't royal women manicure their nails? There really is no excuse.

Does anyone have an engagement ring that's another stone than a diamond? Well, I do (blue topaz) and so does Kate Middleton! I'm sure there are more (I just noticed that the other royal-o-phile at work also has a non-diamond as her main stone in her engagement ring).

I gave my wife a blue topaz also which is both of ours birthstone. It is accented with diamonds but we both feel it is more personal than just diamonds.

Does anyone have an engagement ring that's another stone than a diamond? Well, I do (blue topaz) and so does Kate Middleton! I'm sure there are more (I just noticed that the other royal-o-phile at work also has a non-diamond as her main stone in her engagement ring).

I do as well. My is a single sapphire with four diamonds, two on each side.

Yes, I do too.. my engagement ring is a beautiful green sapphire in a diamond double halo mounting. I was never really a solitaire kind of girl ;)

And speaking of engagements.. I saw a fabulous and virtually identical replica of Zara Phillips' engagement ring the other day :D

HMQC, your ring sounds just beautiful. Not too many American women are brave enough to choose something out of the ordinary.

Although it has been reported that Mike Tindall designed Zara's ring, this style has been around for at least 8-9 years. It's pretty, but not unique.
In the USA it also seems to be popular to have just a diamond ring, often a solitaire of some sort. In the UK at any rate, all sorts of stones are popular. You can find coloured stones in the USA, but diamond-only ones do seem to be the most common.

I'm resurrecting this six-year-old thread to talk a bit about the shift from colored gemstones to diamonds in the last 50 years. My mother-in-law is English and one time we were discussing the preference of Americans for white diamond rings. Seems wearing diamonds before dark used to be a societal no-no, so women chose various gemstones as they could wear them in the daytime and remain in the norm of the society of the time. She also said that most women didn't wear the engagement ring all the time (I never have, either), but would put them on for church and other daytime functions.

A side note too, my guy wore his wedding ring on his right hand, as it bothered him on the left hand. Soon, I switched mine to the right hand too and have worn it that way ever since. Quirky, sure. Important? Only to us. I've never felt I had to present my marital status to anyone.

I'm one of those women who doesn't wear my eternity ring (diamonds) all the time, especially around the house. Then it's just a plain gold band. No particular reason, but I love wearing the eternity ring when I'm out and about. :lol:

I like eternity rings as engagement tokens, as well. They are beautiful.

Lots of folks on the forums "loathe" the Princess of Asturias' engagement ring. I love it.

Favorite
Princess Grace: Why does this woman get the best of everything? The best ring, the best dress, looks the best on her wedding day etc.
Margrethe: That's just amazing, and I'm surprised someone came up with it decades ago.
Victoria Lockwood: Sorry, but that is just amazing to look at. Yeah it's over the top; but its nice.
Princess Madeline: If you're going to go small, this is how you should do it.
Camilla
Sophie Wessex
Autumn Kelly
Princess Mary: Don't really like 3 stoned or colored rings, but this one is rather nice.

Least Favorite
Lady Sarah
Princess Alexia
Princess Nathalies:That is just too da-- small.
Letizia (that's a wedding band, not an engagement ring)
Marie
Duchess of York: I am not a big fan of Diana's ring and Sarah's looks like Diana's but the red just does not look good. If it was a different color it might look better.
Charlene Wittstock

Last edited:
I like eternity rings as engagement tokens, as well. They are beautiful.

Lots of folks on the forums "loathe" the Princess of Asturias' engagement ring. I love it.

I totally agree - my engagement ring is a lot like Letizia's with the row of diamonds - I have never really liked solitaire diamond rings but I liked the idea of the diamonds across the band and it has proved to be a lot more practical in day to day wear than a larger solitaire would have been.

I re-did my list.

Best

5.CP Victoria-I first I did'nt like it but I really love how classic it is.
4.Sophie
3.Diana
2.Grace
1.Elizabeth II

Worst

1.Victoria Lockwood
2.Marie
3.Mathilde
4.Margethe
5.Camilla\Queen Mother

Not the worst but plain and boring.

1.Letizia
2.Martha Louise
3.Sarah Chatto
4.Alexia
5.Nathalie

Almost made to my best list(I like it, but don't love it.)

Charlene
Countess Alexandra
Clodite
Diana of Orleans

Almost made it to my worst list(Bad but not too bad)

Beatrix
Marie Chantal
Tatiana

Nice but nothing special

Princess Royal
Mette Marit
Sarah of York
Mary
Madeline
Autumn
Zara

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Duchess of Cambrigdes engagements ring is the most beautiful :) I love it!

I have a lot of favourites, but my specific few that I love the most are:

1. Queen Elizabeth II - it's such a beautiful design, and it looks so pretty
2. Countess of Wessex - it looks a lot like the Queen's, which is why I like it so much. (It's said to be one of the most expensive British royal engagement rings too)
3. Princess Charlene of Monaco - what a gorgeous ring!
4. Crown Princess Victoria - I am not normally a fan of "simpler" rings, but I love this one.

I prefer diamond rings as engagement rings, which is why I am not a fan of the Duchess of Cambridge's and I did not like Duchess of Cornwall's engagement ring at all.

Hello everybody. I'm interested in Farah Pahlavi's engagement ring. I've browsed the web to find a picture, but all I get is Soraya's. Who can help me? Thanks, w.

Back
Top Bottom