Royal Rings - all types

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love these series of reports on royal engagement rings - Grace's ring is breathtaking saw it displayed in London a couple of yeats ago and it really is my favourite royal ring and just the perfect size. Also i like Charlene's ring as well and wish she would wear it more often.

Always been a fan of sapphire and diamond rings - so i like Anne-Marie's as it unusual with the double setting and also Tatiana's is nice.

Letizia's ring is as mentioned much more an eternity ring style and as that type of band i do like it but not for an engagement ring - shame for her it and her wedding ring have got caught up in the scandal

...does this include royal bathtub rings? I like Clotilde's engagement ring because of the originality. I'm kind of tired of the big, round, white diamond ones that all look alike, whether halo or solitaire. Charlene's big white diamond is nice as it is pear shaped...same for all the emerald and scissor cuts out there. I only know one person who has an emerald cut and it is beautiful, not big, about a carat, but lovely in platinum.

------------------------------------------------
Yeah, I agree with you. Letizia's ring is very beautiful.

The people should know in Spain is not tradition to give the bride an engagement ring.

CP Letizia was fortunate to get such a lovely one. There are a lot of countries that don't do the engagement ring. Germany, Egypt, etc. It is a nice token, but it is the wedding ring that counts!!!

Last edited:
I have a lot of favourites, but my specific few that I love the most are:

1. Queen Elizabeth II - it's such a beautiful design, and it looks so pretty
2. Countess of Wessex - it looks a lot like the Queen's, which is why I like it so much. (It's said to be one of the most expensive British royal engagement rings too)
3. Princess Charlene of Monaco - what a gorgeous ring!
4. Crown Princess Victoria - I am not normally a fan of "simpler" rings, but I love this one.

I prefer diamond rings as engagement rings, which is why I am not a fan of the Duchess of Cambridge's and I did not like Duchess of Cornwall's engagement ring at all.

I agree on Queen Elizabeth - absolutely my favorite, so classic, yet special. It is so HER. I also love Maxima's ring, as I love colored stones, and hers is to die for! Mary's is perfect also - not too big, not too small, different, but not too different. I sound like the Goldilocks and the Three Bears story! LOL

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Scandinavian Engagement Rings

My favorites here are, Queen Silvia, Victoria, and Madeleine's (both) rings. I think Mette-Marit, Martha-Louise, and Mary's rings are boring. Alexandra's first ring is lovely but I don't like her second ring. Queen Margrethe's ring is way too much and finally, Marie's ring is absolutely horrible.

Another great piece on this blog

Madeleine's ring from Jonas was one of my favourites cause it is something that I would see myself choosing. Also love her one from Chris.
Victoria and Silvia's are classic rings and very stunning and of high quality.
Margrethe's is one huge ring and impractical i think.
Martha's and Marie's ring are some of the worst royal engagement rings about. Joachim doesnt have a nice taste in jewellery as Alexandra's ring wasnt overly nice.
I used to love Mary's ring - thought it was so stunning the ruby, diamond, ruby setting and i adore an emerald cut. But i havnt been as keen since she added the 2 extra diamonds as now it looks more like an eternity band.
I like the connection and history of Mette-Marit;s ring and im sure it will continue with Ingrid - but the ring itself isnt to my taste. I do like the diamond ring she now wears more now.

Last edited:
Interesting compilation of rings!Oh,I also loved the old image of Q Silvia & Carl Gustav,they were such a strikingly beautiful couple!I still adore Silvia,but my opinion on the king has changed a little bit. Jewellery-wise I am most in love with P Victoria´s ring,it is very simple yet stunning and elegant,also like the slight blue-ish tone of the diamond.
P.Madeleine has a more beautiful ring now,her old engagement ring and partner was not so good;-)
P. Marie´s ring is too bulky for my taste,but I congratulate her on chosing to use the national colours in the ring,a very nice idea.

Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg's engagement ring is way too small! Not a fan of huge engagement rings but I am also not a fan of microscopic ones as well!

Last edited:
Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg's engagement ring is way too small! Not a fan of huge engagement rings but I am also not a fan of microscopic ones as well!
Looks identical to mine. :) I have very small hands and can't pull off "big" rings. It also depends on what all you do during the day and if you want to put your rings off and on all the time. I for one didn't take my rings off until arthritis got so bad they almost wouldn't come off. Now I just wear my 10th anniversary diamond anniversary band as my original wedding set no longer fits. We've been married almost 31 years and hope to have my rings re-set this summer...

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Benelux Engagement Rings

My top favorite here is Stephanie's stunning ring. Even though I do like the color of the central diamond, I do not like the overall design of Maxima's ring. I really dislike Mathilde's ruby ring, but I do love that sapphire ring much better. Margriet's ring is nice but I would not want it for myself. Queen Paola and Princess Claire's rings look alright. My worst here are, Mathilde's ruby ring, Astrid, Beatrix, Maria Teresa, and Claire Lademacher's rings.

Last edited:
My top 3 are
Beatrix-simply gorgeous and very unique!
Maxima-I love the colour on her and even though I would not wear such big stones it doesn´t look bulky
Mathilde-the same as with Maxima´s ring-the colour of the stone is wonderful!

I really like the concept behind Maxima's ring placing the stone horizontally in between two rows of diamonds. Considering I work in a library I wouldn't want to wear something that could possible get caught on a book, cleaning CD's/DVD's or the old newspapers I work with. I wouldn't want it as big as Maxima's but I could foresee myself wearing something like it. :)

They are all very pretty and cute wedding rings except that I find Soraya´s ring too ostentatious and bulky.It is well-made and surely cost a fortune,but I prefer smaller rings with delicate ornaments/design instead of big jewels that scream "I´m expensive". Just my thoughts:)

Why don't these women get immaculate and BEATIFUL manicures? Their nails look chewed and worn down. Surely if they can get their hair done regularly, they can have manicures several times a week if needed. Besides there are new treatments that last a long time. Grooming details matter and are noticed. Feminine hands with polish on the nails look elegant with their jewelry.

Why don't these women get immaculate and BEATIFUL manicures? Their nails look chewed and worn down. Surely if they can get their hair done regularly, they can have manicures several times a week if needed. Besides there are new treatments that last a long time. Grooming details matter and are noticed. Feminine hands with polish on the nails look elegant with their jewelry.

Perhaps the rest of the world does not share the US obsession of having highly andvisibly manicured hands?

Perhaps the rest of the world does not share the US obsession of having highly andvisibly manicured hands?

No one says that you t have to get all flashy with the nails. However, a little nail care don't hurt. It is the same as making sure that your clothes are clean, your hair combed, your teeth are brushed.

Anyhooo, Some of these rings are beautiful, and some well:argh:

Last edited:
The rings that I like are Princess Clotilde's, Princess Nathalie's, and Hereditary Princess Sophie's. Empress Josephine Charlotte's ring is OK, but it would've been better with just a diamond/sapphire IMO. I don't particularly like the Countess Spencer's ring nor Queen Soroya's.

Would that train of thought also apply to teeth? Somehow so many seem to overlook the necessary dental interventions, why, pray tell?

elmundo reports that letizia's engagement ring was bought by torres and iñaki, using public money. felipe asked cristina to pick the ring up, but her being sick, it was iñaki who picked it up with torres, and torres paid for it with the aizoon card. felipe never paid them back, which makes letizia's ring a piece paid for with corrupt money. since the start of the case, letizia has not worn the ring in sign of her disapproval, and the article says she has never forgiven felipe and iñaki for this.

El tab del anillo de Letizia comprado por Iaki | loc | EL MUNDO

elmundo reports that letizia's engagement ring was bought by torres and iñaki, using public money. felipe asked cristina to pick the ring up, but her being sick, it was iñaki who picked it up with torres, and torres paid for it with the aizoon card. felipe never paid them back, which makes letizia's ring a piece paid for with corrupt money. since the start of the case, letizia has not worn the ring in sign of her disapproval, and the article says she has never forgiven felipe and iñaki for this.

El tab del anillo de Letizia comprado por Iaki | loc | EL MUNDO

Poor Letizia, I would be furious! I can understand why Felipe asked Cristina to pick the ring up, but I don't understand why he didn't pay anyone for it! If all he knew at that time was that Inaki collected the ring instead of Cristina, surely he would have paid Inaki? Someone? Anyone?! for the purchase of an engagement ring.

I wonder why Filipe would pay for his sisters engagement ring... Iñaki couldn't afford??? It seems to me if that were the case her father would pay for it... Right?

I could not believe that the future Queen of Spain received an engagement ring costing ONLY 3000 euros! It is too "cheep" for such an occasion.

I have a hard time believing that Felipe did not pay for the ring. I can see asking someone to pick it up for him but not the payment part. That seems a little far fetched. And should it matter how much it costs if it's what Letizia wanted.

Back
Top Bottom