Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope that there will be really 4 aduklt female mebers of the dutch RF presebnt. That would be a novuum as i can't remember when this was the case the last time.

There were three female adult members of the royal family during the State Visit of King Abdullah of Jordan: Queen Beatrix, Princess Laurentien and Princess Margriet. Was Princess Máxima also in the country, then there would have been 4 adult members there.

Picture

Seated from the left to the right:
Professor Pieter van Vollenhoven LL.M.
HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
HM Queen Rania of Jordan
HM The King of Jordan
HM THe Queen of the Netherlands

Standing from the left to the right:
HRH Princess Noor bint Asem of Jordan
HRH Prince Hamzah bin Hussein of Jordan
HRH Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands
HRH Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands
HRH Princess Rahma Bint El Hassan
Mr Ala’a Al Batayneh

Hmmmm. I cant wait to see what Max picks but...as always....Im pulling for the tutti fruitti!!!!!!

Has the tutti fruitti necklace ever been used on a State occassion with a tiara?

The last time that there were so many bejewelled ladies from the Netherlands was of course the Farewell Banquet in the Rijksmuseum Amsterdam on April 29th 2013:

Queen Beatrix with the Württemberg Ornate Pearl Diadem in a setting with five of the eleven upright pearls (picture)

Princess Máxima bedecked in big diamonds (picture)

Princess Mabel with the sun-ray motif diamond diadem (picture)

Princess Laurentien with Princess Juliana's aquamarines (picture)

Princess Irene with the antique pearl diadem (picture)

Princess Margriet with the pearl buttons diadem (picture)

Princess Christina with the laurel wreath diadem (picture)

I can only remember the necklace being worn twice. At her hubbys 40th and a state visit to the mideast somewhere, but no tiara. It would be awesome with a green gown...or black!!!

I can only remember the necklace being worn twice. At her hubbys 40th and a state visit to the mideast somewhere, but no tiara. It would be awesome with a green gown...or black!!!

I thought only the bracelet was worn in the Middle East.

A discussion in the Tiara & Jewels guessing thread set me off on a path where I compiled a list of all of the tiaras some of the ladies have worn for state (and official visits when called for) visits.

Here is Maxima's. Out of the royal ladies I did, Maxima certainly has the best access to multiple tiaras. It makes it interesting and generally never boring.

Last edited:
Queen Máxima surprised with a long not seen gold-silver collier with turquoises, pearls and diamonds which belonged to Queen Juliana (grandmother of her spouse, King Willem-Alexander). It has not been seen for 40 years.

Picture from PPE - the stones match perfectly with the turquoise colouring of the dress.

It looks art nouveau / Edwardian / Jugendstil jewelry to me (between 1910 and 1930).

Last edited:
I am surprised to see the necklace on Quen Maxima. It seemed one of those pieces that would have passed on to Queen Juliana's younger daughters. Princess Christina wore it once or twice IIRC. It is a nice enough necklace though the outfit doesn't do it justice.

Last edited:
Beautiful necklace. Wild be much better against something simpler like a black dress, where it could really shine.

Wonderful surprise! I would agree that it is Art Noveau but would put it before WWI. Can anyone post a picture of it worn by queen Juliana or others? It is interesting that this piece is known to the others in the thread.

What a wonderful surprise! And also that other posters remember this necklace! Does anyone have a picture of Queen Juliana or others wearing it? I would agree it is Art Noveau style and would date it before WWI

What a wonderful surprise! And also that other posters remember this necklace! Does anyone have a picture of Queen Juliana or others wearing it? I would agree it is Art Noveau style and would date it before WWI

The site modekoninginmaxima has a picture of Princess Christina (aunt of the King) and Queen Juliana (grandmother of the King) wearing the necklace. The last outing was in 1975, since then it has collected dust in the cassette.

In Dutch media is rumoured that probably Queen Máxima wanted to make a statement by wearing a collier attached to the grandmother the King loved so much. This because last week there was negative publicity around Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard thanks to a biography about them and rumours that there would have been secret tax arrangements made around 1970-1972.

Last edited:
Thank you for the images, Duc. That is some feathery dress Queen Juliana is wearing.
Good for Maxima to out the jewelry, whatever the reason.

Very good to see Max use her emerald brooch as a pendant in Australia today. More interestingly, the brooch was attached to a collet collier, as opposed to the emerald znd diamond necklace from the Dutch collection.

It is the first time that I can recall that the emerald brooch & pendant were paired with a riviere. A fortunate choice, esp. as the original emeral necklace seems a little too short and uncomfortable for the wearer.

I am glad Queen Máxima is fond of the emerald drop. I don't recall Q. Beatrix ever wearing it.

Ilove CP , When will you write a scoop , send pictures by yourself ?

Gorgeous jewels. The cab emerald is a favorite of mine!!!!! Makes up for a strange....dress!!

Queen Máxima wore an orange necklace today (picture).

At Natan, her favourite sartorial purveyor, this necklace is also in other (more pleasing) colours: Picture

It looks like a king shrimp around her neck,I don't care for it at all,her earrings are lovely.

It looks like a king shrimp around her neck,I don't care for it at all,her earrings are lovely.

In orange it is indeed. The other colours are better, but I prefer more traditional bijoux on a Queen.

It's not just the color. The necklace is just hideous. Brown looks like a porcupine and blue one is even worse than orange.

She needs to stick to real pieces. Her costume pieces really are hit and miss:ermm:

[...] Her costume pieces really are hit and miss:ermm:

It are no costume pieces in my humble opinion. After all: you see what you get. Just an orange thing made from unkown materials. It does not pretend to be anything else than that.

Costume pieces are what we can see in the series Victoria: fake diadems, fake colliers, fake breast stars. These pieces pretend to be diamonds but it simply are beads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom