The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2016, 11:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Save when visiting the pope, we don't see any Catholic queen in mantilla. Nor is it very customary to walk around with rosary beeds. I highly doubt this will change for Maxima when Beatrix dies. It's not custom now a days.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
Since Maxima has joined the Royal House, I have yet to see her demonstrate any personal Catholic affiliation within the Kingdom. I wonder are there any incidence of crucifix (not cross) rosary or mantilla wearing? Perhaps she will find suffrage to wear in her old age when Beatrix has gone?
Queen Máxima has been seen with a mantilla regularly. See this link.
Máxima and Letizia in mantilla: see picture.

A rosary is a help for praying the rosary indeed. It is not a bijou or an accessoire. In my humble opinion it makes no sense to walk around with a rosary when not actively praying all those Pater Nosters and Ave Marias... That is what all these beads are for... ;-)

Old 09-05-2016, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Please remember that this thread is about Queen Maxima's jewels. There is no need to discuss religion here.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Majesty

Major parure alert for november 28th!!

State Banquet in honour of TM King Filip and Queen Mathilde of Belgium,Royal Palace,Amsterdam.Let the guessing begin,and don't forget there will be 4 female Members of the Dutch RF in attendance,but that's a different thread..
Old 09-07-2016, 01:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post

State Banquet in honour of TM King Filip and Queen Mathilde of Belgium,Royal Palace,Amsterdam.Let the guessing begin,and don't forget there will be 4 female Members of the Dutch RF in attendance,but that's a different thread..
Ohhh, what a lovely birthday present!
Old 09-07-2016, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post

Lets hope that there will be really 4 aduklt female mebers of the dutch RF presebnt. That would be a novuum as i can't remember when this was the case the last time.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hmmmm. I cant wait to see what Max picks but...as always....Im pulling for the tutti fruitti!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2016, 05:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Lets hope that there will be really 4 aduklt female mebers of the dutch RF presebnt. That would be a novuum as i can't remember when this was the case the last time.
There were three female adult members of the royal family during the State Visit of King Abdullah of Jordan: Queen Beatrix, Princess Laurentien and Princess Margriet. Was Princess Máxima also in the country, then there would have been 4 adult members there.

Picture

Seated from the left to the right:
Professor Pieter van Vollenhoven LL.M.
HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
HM Queen Rania of Jordan
HM The King of Jordan
HM THe Queen of the Netherlands

Standing from the left to the right:
HRH Princess Noor bint Asem of Jordan
HRH Prince Hamzah bin Hussein of Jordan
HRH Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands
HRH Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands
HRH Princess Rahma Bint El Hassan
Mr Ala’a Al Batayneh
Old 09-09-2016, 05:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Hmmmm. I cant wait to see what Max picks but...as always....Im pulling for the tutti fruitti!!!!!!
Has the tutti fruitti necklace ever been used on a State occassion with a tiara?
Old 09-09-2016, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent

The last time that there were so many bejewelled ladies from the Netherlands was of course the Farewell Banquet in the Rijksmuseum Amsterdam on April 29th 2013:

Queen Beatrix with the Württemberg Ornate Pearl Diadem in a setting with five of the eleven upright pearls (picture)

Princess Máxima bedecked in big diamonds (picture)

Princess Mabel with the sun-ray motif diamond diadem (picture)

Princess Laurentien with Princess Juliana's aquamarines (picture)

Princess Irene with the antique pearl diadem (picture)

Princess Margriet with the pearl buttons diadem (picture)

Princess Christina with the laurel wreath diadem (picture)
Old 09-09-2016, 02:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can only remember the necklace being worn twice. At her hubbys 40th and a state visit to the mideast somewhere, but no tiara. It would be awesome with a green gown...or black!!!
Old 09-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
I can only remember the necklace being worn twice. At her hubbys 40th and a state visit to the mideast somewhere, but no tiara. It would be awesome with a green gown...or black!!!
I thought only the bracelet was worn in the Middle East.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:39 PM
Majesty

Maxima's stunning jewels today:

http://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2016...wels-2016.html
Old 09-21-2016, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post

Prinsjesdag Jewels 2016 | The Court Jeweller
The sapphire brooch looked a bit lost where it was worn but over all the queen's jewels were really stunning!
Old 09-22-2016, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post

Prinsjesdag Jewels 2016 | The Court Jeweller

Such impressive Sapphire earrings they are divine.
I was surprised to see what many had assumed to be Maxima's diamond earrings on her sister-in-law - perhaps a loan for the day as the article notes.

Old 09-24-2016, 02:11 AM
Majesty

The Mellerio Ruby Parure Tiara | The Court Jeweller

A regal and stunning parure.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

A discussion in the Tiara & Jewels guessing thread set me off on a path where I compiled a list of all of the tiaras some of the ladies have worn for state (and official visits when called for) visits.

Here is Maxima's. Out of the royal ladies I did, Maxima certainly has the best access to multiple tiaras. It makes it interesting and generally never boring.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Máxima surprised with a long not seen gold-silver collier with turquoises, pearls and diamonds which belonged to Queen Juliana (grandmother of her spouse, King Willem-Alexander). It has not been seen for 40 years.

Picture from PPE - the stones match perfectly with the turquoise colouring of the dress.

It looks art nouveau / Edwardian / Jugendstil jewelry to me (between 1910 and 1930).
Old 10-31-2016, 02:57 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am surprised to see the necklace on Quen Maxima. It seemed one of those pieces that would have passed on to Queen Juliana's younger daughters. Princess Christina wore it once or twice IIRC. It is a nice enough necklace though the outfit doesn't do it justice.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful necklace. Wild be much better against something simpler like a black dress, where it could really shine.

Tags
jewels, queen maxima