Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In one of the weekly magazines, I believe it was Weekend (a gossip rag, so take it with a pinch of salt) there was a theory about the re-appearance of the collier with the House diamonds. Their theory was that in the last decade of Queen Juliana's kingship (1948-1980), her taste in wearing grand jewels changed.

Until her death (2004), the late Queen Juliana had these jewels in her own possession at Soestdijk Palace and they only re-surfaced after her death and that of her spouse Prince Bernhard. By that time Queen Beatrix probably regarded herself as already too old for starting to wear such opulent jewels.

When Queen Máxima, known for her love for jewels, got access to these jewels, she decided to make good use of it. It is a theory. Who knows. Fact is that indeed that after the late Queen's death iong not seen pieces surfaced, especially since 2013 (Queen Máxima). I think any guess is as good as it is.

Last edited:
In one of the weekly magazines, I believe it was Weekend (a gossip rag, so take it with a pinch of salt) there was a theory about the re-appearance of the collier with the House diamonds. Their theory was that in the last decade of Queen Juliana's kingship (1948-1980), her taste in wearing grand jewels changed.

Until her death (2004), the late Queen Juliana had these jewels in her own possession at Soestdijk Palace and they only re-surfaced after her death and that of her spouse Prince Bernhard. By that time Queen Beatrix probably regarded herself as already too old for starting to wear such opulent jewels.

When Queen Máxima, known for her love for jewels, got access to these jewels, she decided to make good use of it. It is a theory. Who knows. Fact is that indeed that after the late Queen's death iong not seen pieces surfaced, especially since 2013 (Queen Máxima). I think any guess is as good as it is.

I didn't know you were reading gossip rags these days ;). But interesting information. Do you know who the author of the article was?

I believe that prof. Fasseur said that during the clean up of Soestdijk the family fell from one surprise into another when drawers were opened. He did mention jewelry lying around. But it was assumed at the time that it was small jewelry and the diamond watch/bracelet. One would suspect that the most important & valuable pieces of the collection would be locked up in a save in The Hague, not hidden in a drawer at Soestdijk.

Last edited:
It was in the supermarket, my waiting queue was in the lane with magazines so I took my chance. I believe the headline was: Máxima shows jewels worth millions.

Thanks for the info and photos on the redesign. I was wondering a bout her bracelets too as they were not her typical bracelets, like the three a!s she seems to always wear

Queen Máxima is wearing the big sapphire tiara in full version tonight in Oslo. She combines it with large sapphire and diamond earrings, the large sapphire bow brooch and a large diamond bracelet/evening watch. She's in every inch a Queen!

Queen Máxima is wearing the big sapphire tiara in full version tonight in Oslo. She combines it with large sapphire and diamond earrings, the large sapphire bow brooch and a large diamond bracelet/evening watch. She's in every inch a Queen!

As I said n another forum, I think Maxima overdid it while most other royal ladies (except for Queen Silvia perhaps) are more low key tonight.

I agree it was overdone but only for her dress. but maybe she wanted to show respect that way. Queen Silvia wore her whopper sapphire tiara also.

Doesn't she have pink kunsite or pink topaz parures she could have worn with this dress, and then maybe "just" the diamond collet as tiara?

What a treat. Now we just need the necklace and the parure is complete.

The bracelets are large enough top be used as a tiara -if they decided to make them convertibles ;). Just like the sapphire bracelet of the nobility of the late GDss Josephine-Charlotte.

It is kind of strange that the Orange-Nassaus have four beautiful and quite substantial and valuable diamond-and-sapphire bracelets, of which two were not seen for 45 years, and that then they opted for de-construction of the Borneo Diamonds Bracelet, possibly Europe's most eye-popping bracelet- I would have gone for the pair of bracelets not worn for 45 years and change these to new use instead of the Borneo Diamonds Bracelet...

Max killin it again tonight with some more sapphires!!!!!

I love Maxima's use of jewellery, and when she has a collection like that it's a National Treasure that only she can show her countrymen. Lucky she doesn't mind the job . . . or is it a calling?

Maxima's second brooch looks to be actually two separate brooches which, when you think about it, is a very Max thing to do.

RUT_2868.jpg | Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter

I'm also loving Maxima's use of jewellery. Its wonderful how she seemingly effortlessly wears e.g bug brooches or those fantastic historical pieces. She's truly fun to watch because she brings some bling and characteristic to her everyday outfits.

For some reason I always expect 'more' of this tiara on her. The end result has IMHO never looked as nice as I anticipated, this time being no exception. Perhaps it is the lose hair this time... In Japan it was placed slightly off-center while at a previous a CD it just seemed too big. This time both things happened. For some reason this tiara looks better with Beatrix' puffy hair behind it.

The earrings are favorites of HM. I believe they belong to the Mellerio Ruby parure but HM has changed the lower stones numerous times, this time she used pearls. During her wedding she used small diamonds that belonged to Queen Wilhelmina Frederica (nee of Prussia).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom