Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not so much the diamonds, but the design that helps make it look fake. It's a childish design that does nothing to highlight the diamonds. It needs to be dismantled and redone in a better design, imo.

An alinea translated from an article in the magazine Vorsten Royale:

"The jewelry the nine-year-old Princess Wilhelmina received from her father was made by the jeweller Vita Israël in Amsterdam and composed of 'the King's brilliants' as it was called officially. This means that the diamonds were already in Orange-Nassau property for some time. The diamonds were - as was the use at the time - put in silver and set on gold to obtain optimum brilliance.

It was a decorative set consisting of a pair of earhangers and a necklace with as decoration five festoons. In fact however the Princess was showered with a variety of jewelry. To start the festoons could be unscrewed. The necklace could also be worn without the decorations and was, as a rivière, so much more neutral of form. But there were no fewer than three montures included on which the diamonds could be installed to serve as diadems."

For so far we have only seen one monture, and only three times since WWII (Máxima 2x and Margriet 1x).

Last edited:
An alinea translated from an article in the magazine Vorsten Royale:

"The jewelry the nine-year-old Princess Wilhelmina received from her father was made by the jeweller Vita Israël in Amsterdam and composed of 'the King's brilliants' as it was called officially. This means that the diamonds were already in Orange-Nassau property for some time. The diamonds were - as was the use at the time - put in silver and set on gold to obtain optimum brilliance.

It was a decorative set consisting of a pair of earhangers and a necklace with as decoration five festoons. In fact however the Princess was showered with a variety of jewelry. To start the festoons could be unscrewed. The necklace could also be worn without the decorations and was, as a rivière, so much more neutral of form. But there were no fewer than three montures included on which the diamonds could be installed to serve as diadems."

For so far we have only seen one monture, three times (2x Máxima and 1x Margriet).

Somebody should tell them so they can try something else. I'd be interested in seeing what other mounts they can try.

THE tiara queen par exellence only had 3 tiara appearances this year?

The perfect gift for Maxima would be a tutti frutti tiara to complete this parure and add it to the wonderful Dutch collection.

Yeah!!! Tutti fruitti is my favorite. I have been impatiently waiting for Max to wear this agin!!!!!! The vaults were OPEN, this week!

Has the tutti fruitti necklace had some emeralds added to it?

Gorgeous necklace! When has she worn it for the last time? I only remember the 40 birthday of WA, has she worn it it since?

Is there any close-up of this necklace available? and if i remember, there were some speculations that this necklace was only borrowed???

Is there any close-up of this necklace available? and if i remember, there were some speculations that this necklace was only borrowed???

No, it is no loan. It is exactly known when, and where, and for which prize the necklace and bracelet have been purchased: on March 13th 2007, at Christie's Amsterdam, the set was bought for the hammer prize of € 50.400,-- (additional costs excluded).

Ah, the tutti frutti necklace and bracelet. I love tutti frutti and the pieces, it's true are definitely not on loan. Duc, wasn't it speculated the jewels were for some anniversary or another? Birthday, wedding or something? I could be wrong in my guess.

:previous: Many Thanks for the info. Just a beautiful set.

No, it is no loan. It is exactly known when, and where, and for which prize the necklace and bracelet have been purchased: on March 13th 2007, at Christie's Amsterdam, the set was bought for the hammer prize of € 50.400,-- (additional costs excluded).

thank you so much for the information. I am just puzzled - knowing from a friend who sells antique jewels how expensive such pieces are - that the price was not higher.

i think she is indeed , the necklace that Princess Irene wore was much delicate and didn't had a diamond line around the neck but the tiara has a diamond line at the base and there is no rubies in it so i'm little confused :ermm: .

after comparing a few pics i think it's the necklace cause the tiara also has two diamonds under the central ruby cluster and thee is a photo of Queen Juliana wearing the necklace with the extra diamond and ruby line at her inauguration .

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be the necklace. At the tiara there a 7 rubies and diamonds going up in the middle. At the necklace only 5. And at the necklace there is also one ruby below the diamond who are going up in the middle.

Is that a tiara turned into a necklace?

No, it's the matching necklace. It has not been seen worn by a Queen since the grandmother of WA presented the parure to Irene.

Fabulous! What a surprise! That such a fantastic collier remained in the cassette for 40 or 50 years! It is indeed absolutely the collier and not the diadem.

The diadem has a diamonds-only base, the collier has square rubies in the base. The central motif of the collier has two diamonds flanking it, which is not corresponding the central motif of the diadem.

Wonderful dress. The jewels are not done justice I am afraid to say: they deserved to be worn on skin. How is it possible that such a priceless piece remains in a cassette for 40-50 years?

The King's aung Princess Irene with the collier: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d6/89/4f/d6894f0b69b1b78438332788764ddaed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good to see the necklace back in the "main line" of the DRF. Now we just have to wait for Max to wear both the necklace and the tiara together to see the full effect.

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning and I love the way Max is using the ruby tiara as a necklace. When she hits a home run it's out-of-the-park (as we say here in America)!

She is not wearing the diadem as necklace. She wears the necklace which is almost mirroring the diadem. It was the first time in around 50 years that this collier has been seen again. Kudos for Máx to stroll through the jewelry cassettes...

She is not wearing the diadem as necklace. She wears the necklace which is almost mirroring the diadem. It was the first time in around 50 years that this collier has been seen again. Kudos for Máx to stroll through the jewelry cassettes...

Is the necklace also owned by the Orange-Nassau family foundation ? Why has it been worn only by Princess Irene before ?

Is the necklace also owned by the Orange-Nassau family foundation ? Why has it been worn only by Princess Irene before ?

The necklace was presented to Irene by her mother. I do not believe the necklace, or other bits of the parure, are owned by the foundation.

The necklace was presented to Irene by her mother. I do not believe the necklace, or other bits of the parure, are owned by the foundation.

How did it go back to the main line of the family then ? If it was owned by Princess Irene, did she sell it back to Queen Beatrix or King Willem-Alexander ?

I understand there is no way to know that for sure, but I'm just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom