The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCream View Post
what is going to happend with Queen Fabiola's jewellery once she will be no long with us?
Remains to be seen,but I would hope it would be left to the family collection.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Remains to be seen,but I would hope it would be left to the family collection.
perhaps a nice gift to mahtilde today for her 40th birthday.

But seriously i hope she leaves it to the crown/King.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Courtier

Posted by Henri M on January 9, 2013, 12:47 pm, in reply to "Re: Diamond & Emerald brooch with pendant of HM Queen Fabiola"

For the non-informed on this board: the newspapers of Sudpresse have written that Queen Fabiola, in all discretion, has established a Foundation to regulate her legacy. As known, the Queen is childless and has no direct heirs. According Sudpresse the Queen established the Foundation 'Fons Pereos' which has four goals:

- to support members of the Queen's family
- to encourage historic and cultural works of the royal couple
- to support the Foundation Astrida (from the late King Baudouin)
- to support Catholic institutions

It is unclear what this will mean for the jewels. "To support members of the Queen's family" looks a reference to her De Mora y Arag�n nephews and nieces. "To encourage historical and cultural works of the royal couple" can be a possibility to place the jewels at the disposal of King Albert II and Queen Paola.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Queen Fabiola's Spanish Wedding Gift Tiara

Not a huge fan of this tiara. It's not awful but for me, it's designs are nothing I care for.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Queen Fabiola's Spanish Wedding Gift Tiara

Not a huge fan of this tiara. It's not awful but for me, it's designs are nothing I care for.
I'd like to see it without the floral ornaments,I assume they could be taken off?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Yes, everything is detachable.
However, I've yet to see a picture of Queen Fabiola wearing the base as a simple tiara without any attached elements.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post

Yes, everything is detachable.
However, I've yet to see a picture of Queen Fabiola wearing the base as a simple tiara without any attached elements.
Oh thanks,I had a look online but couldn't find anything either!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

http://s13.postimg.org/v7q7wqjqv/Rub...Medinaceli.jpg
I just found this pic of Ángela Pérez de Barradas y Bernuy, Duchess of Medinaceli. Reportedly this is the tiara which Franco bought as a wedding gift for Queen Fabiola.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes indeed it is this one but i read that the rubies were fake ?
Why did Queen Fabiola change this tiara ? she put aiguemarines and emeralds and we never saw the rubies again.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Yes indeed it is this one but i read that the rubies were fake ?
Why did Queen Fabiola change this tiara ? she put aiguemarines and emeralds and we never saw the rubies again.
There are different versions of this story floating around the net, so I’m not sure which version is really true. But the most convincing version imo goes like this:

The Medinaceli family loaned this tiara to a monastery, where it was used to adorn a statue of the Virgin Mary. At some point the nuns removed the original precious stones, sold them for some good cause, and inserted fake stones instead. (Maybe the responsible person at the time was not aware that the tiara was only loaned, not gifted?) Anyway, at the time when the Medinaceli family sold the tiara, no one seemed to remember that the stone were fake. Neither buyer nor seller knew they were fake. It only came out some time after the wedding. It seems that the Spanish government then bought real gemstones to replace the fake ones.

Afaik, the tiara originally had emeralds and rubies. Eg. Fabiola wore the emerald version at her own pre-wedding festivities. The aquamarines were a later addition: a present from King Baudouin. That might explain why she preferred the aquamarines, especially since Fabiola had some stunning aquamarine jewels to match the set.

I also read that the original gift already had to separate frames, one for the coronet version, and another one for the wreath version. But if that is really so, I don’t understand why the Queen didn’t mix both versions more. It seems that she stopped wearing the coronet version altogether once she started to wear the wreath version.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
http://s13.postimg.org/v7q7wqjqv/Rub...Medinaceli.jpg
I just found this pic of Ángela Pérez de Barradas y Bernuy, Duchess of Medinaceli. Reportedly this is the tiara which Franco bought as a wedding gift for Queen Fabiola.
This the great-grandmother od the Duchess of medinaceli who died today. don't think it is the one now owned by Qzueen Fabiola as when the Duke of Feria, the grandson of the Duchess of Medinaceli married in 2010 his bride wore a tiara in this style.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 08-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
This the great-grandmother od the Duchess of medinaceli who died today. don't think it is the one now owned by Qzueen Fabiola as when the Duke of Feria, the grandson of the Duchess of Medinaceli married in 2010 his bride wore a tiara in this style.
http://s11.postimg.org/ppwtyjaub/fleuron_tiaras.jpg
At first I thought the same, Stefan, but then I compared the details of these tiaras:
- 1. The 15th Duchess de Medinaceli
- 2. No explanation needed
- 3. María del Prado y Mugiro, bride of Pabo de Hohenlohe-Langenburg y Medina (grandson of the 18th Duchess of Medinaceli), according to some Spanish forum she is wearing a tiara from her own family, the Dukes of Caicedo and
- 4. Laura Vecino Acha, bride of Rafael de Medina y Abascal, duke of Feria (another grandson of the 18th Duchess)

Imo the first two look like they could be the same, with a larger base added to Fabiola’s tiara. No. 3 is difficult to see in detail, but it seems to be different from the others. Imo These are three different tiaras.

The fleuron motive is so typical for Spanish ducal tiaras and there are so many of them around in Spain, that I think these could really be three different tiaras. Maybe the late Duchess of Medinaceli had inherited no. 4 from another ancestor of hers. Let’s not forget how many ducal titles there are in the family, why not several ducal tiaras.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Wolfers Necklace Tiara

I just love this tiara. It's classic, elegant, and simply stunning. I love it both worn as a necklace and tiara. It's definitely my favorite tiara Fabiola has worn. It may not be much, but I find this tiara timelessly beautiful.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

What a lovely petite tiara, although I do prefer it in necklace form. It reminds me of the several delicate diamond necklaces Sophie Wessex has worn.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
What a lovely petite tiara, although I do prefer it in necklace form. It reminds me of the several delicate diamond necklaces Sophie Wessex has worn.
That's why it looked familiar to me, but I could not place it. Was driving me nuts earlier too. Thanks!!

It really is a lovely little piece. Not so sure about this on Mathilde in it's tiara form, but it would be perfect for her as a necklace IMO. I do think it would be perfect as a starter tiara for the new Duchess of Brabant some time in the future however. Once again JMO. :)
Old 08-24-2013, 01:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Wolfers Necklace Tiara

I just love this tiara. It's classic, elegant, and simply stunning. I love it both worn as a necklace and tiara. It's definitely my favorite tiara Fabiola has worn. It may not be much, but I find this tiara timelessly beautiful.
I love it too, especially as a necklace. It's exquisite.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I think it looks better in its necklace form on Queen Fabiola as its to have gotten lost in her hairdo,however it will be interesting to see what it looks like on Queen Mathilde.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree An Ard Ri. Queen Fabiola had one of the longest, most elegant necks I have ever seen and it set any necklace she wore off to flattering effect.

I think the dainty little Wolfers tiara would be perfect for Princess Elisabeth when she is a older.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Gentry

I've been working on the tiaras of the Belgian Royal Family. Queen Fabiola only has three tiaras but they are so versatile that she never appeared to be lacking jewels when compared to her counterparts. The Nine Provinces Tiara has already been passed on the Queen Paola and subsequently Queen Mathilde and I hope that Queen Fabiola also passes on her other tiaras to the current King and Queen.

Diamond Necklace Tiara
Nine Provinces Tiara
Spanish Wedding Gift Tiara
Old 12-06-2014, 05:53 AM
Serene Highness

What happens with her jeweils after her death ? Anyone know it?

Tags
jewellery, queen fabiola