Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that is a beautiful flower brooch set with some of my favorites stones.

Last edited:
Have you got a link for that reception, because the "Cook for the Queen" reception she wore the Irish Blossom brooch. I've not seen pictures of this Hibiscus one in the last few days?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the picture of the Queen wearing the Hibiscus brooch on April 25, 2012, when she visited the Gloriana with Prince Philip. The attached picture of the Hibiscus brooch in my previous post is from one of the pictures taken on that day.

Here is the picture from today's reception. To me, it looks like she's wearing the Hibiscus brooch again. Could you post a picture of the Irish Blossom brooch for comparison (and because I don't have a good quality one)? :)

Her Majesty wore The Hibiscus Brooch - a gift from the people of Australia to the Queen Mother.
That is a beautiful brooch. Is it made entirely of diamonds?

You can click on the photo at this link and zoom in for a better view of it:

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - "Cook for The Queen" Competition Reception At Buckingham Palace - Zimbio

Or this one which is from another angle:

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Queen+...+Competition+Reception+Buckingham/DNqYYh_XYCR

And here it is being worn at Ascot

Hope that helps.
Also, I think it would be most unusual for HM to wear a brooch featuring rubies on that blue & green outfit. Not impossible, of course but not her style, which usually involves matching the stones or wearing neutral ones such as all-diamonds, or diamonds & pearls, or gold of course.

I can not believe it! The only picture I have seen is of the queen wearing this is from the 60’s she is dressed in yellow and with a corgi. Dose that mean some 40 years in between outing for this jewel?

I may be wrong but the latest date prior to this that I have for them being worn was to a dinner in Belgium in 1966. I'll be happy if anyone can correct me as I'd love to find more events where theses stones have been worn ... ;-)

Last edited:
I find myself stumped on which brooch the Queen is wearing for the first day of Royal Ascot.

Aquamarine and diamond brooch

The brooch was presented to The Queen by the Brazilian Government in 1958 as a matching addition to the original Coronation gift of 1953 - the Aquamarine brooch>>

Source:Royal Collection

I wonder if this will be a theme for the week.... Coronation gifts.

That would be fun and possibly informative...

Its a lovely brooch. I was so hoping for the emeralds today......I dont know why....

I know a lot of people don't like the Brazilian Aquamarine Parure, but I do, and this brooch is one of my all-time favourites.
It's just gorgeous! I especially admire the beautiful diamond top part.

Images cropped from larger ones.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 266
  • Capture23.JPG
    Capture23.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Dislike the Aquamarine tiara but, the brooch is stunning! The necklace, bracelet and earrings are also goregous!

I also am not a fan of the aquamarine tiara, nor of aquamarines generally; but that brooch is just to-die-for. The colour of that stone, with the elegant diamond top is truly something else.

Aquamarine is not my favorite, but it is my birthstone. I think the whole parue is exquisite. It would be hard to say that that many, and those size stones of any semi-precious, and precious stones would not be stunning. As far as semi-precious stones go, amethyst is my favorite. That exact set in amethyst would be breathtaking.

I know a lot of people don't like the Brazilian Aquamarine Parure, but I do, and this brooch is one of my all-time favourites.
It's just gorgeous! I especially admire the beautiful diamond top part.

Oh, I do agree with you. I love to see the colored gemstones in a world of white diamonds. White diamonds are lovely, but ubiquitous.

The Aquamarine Brooch really is a lovely brooch, one of my favourites too.

Nice to see the aquamarine brooch out for Ascot - it worked beautifully with her outfit. I saw this piece on display at the Palace a few eyars back an dit is much larger than i imagined

Love that brooch with the spray of diamonds on top, what a lovely setting. While I'm not a fan of the tiara in the parure, the stones are exquisite and I do prefer color gemstones.

This particular brooch is absolutely exquisite and matched her outfit perfectly.

One of the reasons I love Ascot so much is because we get a new brooch every day. ;)
Today, Her Majesty wore the Centenary Rose Brooch.

As a birthday present for the Queen Mother's 100th birthday in 2000, Queen Elizabeth commissioned G. Collins & Sons jewellers to create a brooch with rose motives. The result was this brooch: a Queen Elizabeth rose hand=painted and carved in intaglio in rock crystal set, with the frame made of 100 diamonds.

Although the Queen Mother didn't have the chance to wear this brooch on many occasions, after her death Queen Elizabeth has since worn it on fair few occasions, including her Christmas Speech in 2002.

Attachments

• The Centenary Rose brooch.jpg
    The Centenary Rose brooch.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 786
  • article-2162133-13B39F6F000005DC-643_470x625.jpg
    article-2162133-13B39F6F000005DC-643_470x625.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
It's beautiful.

i was hoping it was new, perhaps a gift on her jubilee.

Anyone any idea as to the brooch HM wore at Ascot today? You can see it here (P.S doesn't the Queen look fabulous in this photo?):

The Queen at Ascot

:previous:
Just identified the brooch; unfortunately it's not new.
Her Majesty was wearing the Teck Pearl Corsage Brooch without drop.

The brooch consists of a large pearl set in a circle of diamonds which are enclosed in a diamond plaited scroll frame. Twelve collet stones are set around the edge.
The complete brooch includes a chain of large collet diamonds with three pendant drops, but Her Majesty wore the "lite" version today.

Cropped from larger images and constitutes less than 20% of the originals.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 313
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 290
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 213
Beautiful brooch; I love the braided design. I think I actually like the "light" version.

:previous:
I prefer the "full" version - not least because gorgeous pearls like the ones in the drop make me go weak at the knees.
Just imagine: a gorgeous evening gown (for state occasion, no less),a magnificent tiara and that beauty on the gown (in the middle or on shoulder) ... Heaven!

Yep, the Teck Corsage without the frou-frou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom