Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen's Diamonds book

I splurged and bought it - let me know if anyone wants something looked up! It is the most beautiful book I've ever bought! Thick thick pages, amazing photos, and the best...it smells like a book store!!:flowers:

I have a question about the picture linked. How difficult was it to get the Cullinan I & II out of the Tower and out of their settings to wear for a photo? She did this several times. Any idea what it would take to do it today? The fact that they were not on the tour of The Tower would set off media frenzy. Even at that time, would have caused at least a ripple. The Tower has been toured for over 100 years. Thoughts?

http://www.google.com/search?q=quee...Q&biw=1024&bih=644#biv=i|16;d|QViVrLQ5kcbwCM:

:previous:
I would imagine it's not really all that hard. If the Queen required either Cullinans for whatever occasion, she would just notify her secretary who, in turn, would notify appropriate people and the diamonds would be in the Buckingham Palace (or wherever the Queen is at the moment) in no time at all.

Not seeing the Cullinans (I and II) in the Tower might be a bit of a disappointment for tourists but if those diamonds were really needed, then it would be for some pretty grand occasion so their absence would be understandable.

I can't really see them very well. It's from the Queen's visit to The Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment on Nov 27.
Jewels Queen's Brooches / Nov 27 visit to The Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment - brooches?
Those are two of the Queen's Household Cavalry Badges. The Queen is Colonel-in-Chief of Blues and Royals and the Life Guards and, when inspecting Household regiments, she usually dons those. The one with the crown is that of Blues and Royals Badge and the other one is the Life Guards Badge.

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Household Cavalry Regimental Badges

Last edited by a moderator:
Love amethyst, but not a fan of that brooch. The Aquamarine Parure in amethyst would be amazing. Only semi-precious stones could be possible knowing the size of the emerald cut aquamarines.

It looks like a magnificent diamond headdress upside down.

albert brooch

I wondered if it was the Albert or the Chrysanthemum - hard to tell from the photo I saw. Beautiful!

It's the Albert.

I think it's the imperfections that make it more interesting. A broach like that would never be sold as is. The diamonds are all cut slightly different, and most are not perfectly round.

Such a luscious sapphire; wouldn't mind finding that as a stocking stuffer!

Attachments

• V134307704313795_1.jpg
    V134307704313795_1.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
You and me both!:D:lol:
It's definitely the Prince Albert Brooch (my favourite of Her Majesty's collection). You can read more about the brooch in the wonderful and informative links provided by IloveCP and roseroyal, or here - Jewel of the Day: Prince Albert’s Sapphire Brooch.

Image posted with the consent of the Royal Collection
Thanks! It really is stunning in a close-up shot.

slightly better closeup

40f28f85ffe75e84b258b92e439de626c12255138756512.jpg

something like this: combination of a lion and a feather

9450159bb4dbeea25f119400993965c3c12255138760741.png

Last edited:
I'm glad they described the brooch as a dove because I'd never have thought it to look at it. A daintier piece in comparison to the huge bejeweled ones she has in her collection.

Last edited:
The brooch doesn't look very dove-like but I actually rather like it.
Hope we will get the chance to see Her Majesty wear it some time soon to properly judge the jewel.

I think these are the types of jewels that will find their way to HM's grand daughters after she is gone. Whether it be a gift, or on loan for the duration of their lives.

I think these are the types of jewels that will find their way to HM's grand daughters after she is gone. Whether it be a gift, or on loan for the duration of their lives.

Possibly, I have a suspicion that very little jewellery will go to Her Majesty's granddaughters - after all three of them have passed the age of 21 and we have seen them wearing nothing from the Royal Collections or anything of any note!
Also as this is an official gift, I wonder if it will remain in the vaults. Fortunately the late Princess Margaret ensured that her daughter received beautiful jewellery and also left her own to her.

That's bigger than I thought; I don't know if I'm enthralled by it. Maybe I have to see her wear it a few more times before I reach a decision.

Last edited:

Oh, you and me both :D!

It's definitely the Prince Albert Brooch (my favourite of Her Majesty's collection). You can read more about the brooch in the wonderful and informative links provided by IloveCP and roseroyal, or here - Jewel of the Day: Prince Albert’s Sapphire Brooch.

Image posted with the consent of the Royal Collection

I can never get over how stunning this brooch is, and its' simplicity is my favorite part. It speaks for itself.

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The BJA Diamond Jubilee Brooch

_brooch.jpg

QEII choose to wear it to todays christmas service

I really like this brooch. It's original, and looked great on Her Majesty.

as a symbol of peace - a nice selection for Christmas

This is a very good point. A very appropriate jewel for this time of year. Maybe it'll become a traditional Christmas brooch Her Majesty will wear every year? I won't mind if that were the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom