Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 1: Ending 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to me on how come Sofia aren't experimenting with tiara's? Her wedding tiara is nice, but it's not all that cute.

i have looked through my photos and cant find anything matching with it
We can agree on that the Bernadotte Lozenge diamond brooch is larger.

This one can be called the Princess Sofia Lozenge diamond brooch for now or something like that i guess

Can someone explain to me on how come Sofia aren't experimenting with tiara's? Her wedding tiara is nice, but it's not all that cute.

i think we will see it in due time
Both victoria used tehir first tiara a few times before we saw a new onw on them

she didn't really have a lot of opportunities to wear one yet. i guess in the future, maybe in some years, we will see her using more tiaras of the royal family.

So far, Sofia only had 3 tiara events, including her own wedding. To me it makes sense that she only wore the emerald tiara to these few occasions. It was her wedding present and is certainly intended to become her own 'signature tiara'. Experimenting will come later, when her own tiara has been worn often enough to make some variation welcome.

As Tilia says she hasn't had many opportunities yet. And we have to remember that she is not Silvia, nor Victoria. Even Madeleine and Christina wears the same tiara to almost every occasion these days.

I don't think we will see Sofia switch as often as Silvia and Victoria does. She is married in to the family and only the "3:rd lady" in the house.
In due course Victoria will likely lend her the Baden Fringe Tiara or the Laurel Wreath Tiara to the grandest occasions when Victoria wears something bigger. She may wear the Amethyst Tiara and the button tiaras sometime too. If Victoria becomes Queen or first lady as Crown Princess before Estelle turns 18 or when she is in her 20:s, Sofia will likely get a lot more tiara options than she has today.

But the Emerald and Diamond Tiara is her wedding gift from the King and Queen and thus intended to be her main tiara, like the Laurel Wreath Tiara was Lilians main Tiara and Queen Sofias small Diamond Tiara was Princess Christinas main tiara.

I like the gold and pearl combination for the earrings, but not the style. Actually, I think diamonds and sapphires would have worked well with the dress or even plane gold.

I agree, too heavy, to big and the wrong style to go with this dress. They just look to domineering.

I think the earrings are cool, but they don't match the dess that well. They would have been better with a very plain dress.

They look too heavy. I always cringe at the earrings that pull down the lobe so much.

They are not right. They look like flea market earrings.:ohmy:

It's always a bit of fun to get here late and read other people's opinions before seeing the item being discussed. I picture something in my mind's eye and often my reaction is quite different.

I love her earrings, and I think they suit the simple style of the dress. Sofia has a long neck and excellent posture and can get away with dangly earrings like that. They are modern, and not fussy. I would not be surprised if Carl Philip designed them.

IMO they look like cheap costume jewelry not fit for a gala event, especially on a princess who undoubtedly has access to some delicate diamond chandelier earrings that would be much more flattering, again just my opinion

Sofia's dress looks like she's trying to channel Victoria and Silvia in royal blue. The dress is not even maternity; she just went up a size. The earrings...they look like she plans to go clubbing after the event. Sofia has access to the Bernadotte Collection, and even access to the finest jewelers around, and she wears what looks like department store costume jewelry. She looks like a C-list Hollywood actress trying look like a A-lister in this ensemble, and not like she has HRH in front of her name.

Princess Sofia Jewellery

Sofia's dress looks like she's trying to channel Victoria and Silvia in royal blue. The dress is not even maternity; she just went up a size. The earrings...they look like she plans to go clubbing after the event. Sofia has access to the Bernadotte Collection, and even access to the finest jewelers around, and she wears what looks like department store costume jewelry. She looks like a C-list Hollywood actress trying look like a A-lister in this ensemble, and not like she has HRH in front of her name.

I think that's unkind. Honestly I thought she looked lovely and elegant- the color and fit were superb. I didn't like her earrings but I didn't hate them, and thought it looked fine with the dress.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Technically, Estelle has pre-eminence over Sofia as a blood princess and a future queen. Victoria and Daniel's 2nd child will outrank Sofia - and Carl Philip - as the third in line to the throne. The only reason Sofia walks ahead of Madeleine is when Carl Philip is present. (The family orders - the king's portrait - are different. Sofia's is 2nd tier because she is the wife of a Swedish prince; Victoria and Madeleine's orders are 1st tier because they are blood princesses. When Estelle reaches majority (18) she will most likely take on more duties and have more access to the grander pieces as the future sovereign. I think Victoria will lend the Baden to Estelle before Sofia because Victoria wants the Baden designated for the crown princess - which is one of Estelle's future titles.

The Baden Fringe was a gift to Queen Victoria of Sweden by her parents. She left it to the royal foundation to ensure it remained in the royal family. While it has been worn by the queen and Lilian, it is understood that Queen Victoria wanted it to be worn mainly by the crown princess.

Any other jewels and tiaras, with the exception of the tiaras reserved for the queen and any private jewelry (the modern fringe, the koshnik and any personal pieces of the queen) the king decides who will wear.

It stands to be seen what will happen if Victoria is on the throne when Estelle is old enough for tiara events. If her sibling is a sister, certainly both girls would have a higher claim on tiaras than either of their aunts.

Princess Sofia Jewellery

Horrible earrings tonight. It's some sort of a modern, wishbone, Pearl debacle that is weighing her ears down. It's not matching well with the dress either. I don't think Sofia has as much access to the Bernadotte collection as we think. The only time she's been allowed to borrow substantial jewels was for big events like her wedding and the Nobel ceremonies. For everyday events I think she's on her own. Hence why we see her in these things.

The earrings are cheap, they normally sell for $15.90 and are on sale for $3.99. Other than the pearl part looking too plastic, I actually like the earrings in the picture but I don't like them on Sofia or the model. I think they would look much better on a person if they were smaller and made of better materials.

I suspect that there is some kind of protocol regarding when royal collection jewelry is worn and this was not one of those events.

Regarding tiaras, I have seen Lilian and Carl Gustaf's sisters wear key pieces like the Baden Fringe even in the presence of Victoria and Madeleine who have precedence. I see that as a gesture of graciousness and respect on Carl Gustaf and Silvia's part and I certainly don't expect Victoria to reverse that. Furthermore it's going to be more than a decade before Estelle starts wearing tiaras. I

I like the Swedish royal family, and happen to like certain kinds of glamour as well, and let's just say Sofia is not by a long shot the only member of the SRF who has Hollywood sensibilities. By the way this was a red carpet/media event not a state event.

I must say I do like the earrings. Sofia does seem to really like earrings more than other pieces of jewellery. IMO we won't see Sofia in the "big jewels " unless protocol demands it, she just doesn't seem to be interested in all that glitter.
The dress is not bad but not great. When I saw the first pictures I thought she must have had enough of the critics saying, too short,too tight, too much cleavage and had decided to wrap herself in a blanket. As more photos appeared I could see it wasn't all that bad. With some close-ups the color looked good.

I think the dress was fine and I did smile at the matronly comment, the wearer is pregnant. How more matronly does one get than that? The earrings, I don't like as they appear to be weighing the wearers ears down, otherwise folks, lets be kinder?

I love pearls, but I am not sure about the clasp (or grouping area). It looks a bit odd to me.

I like the simplicity of her dove necklace, especially against the simple black day look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom