Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 1: Ending 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really didn't expect to see a new tiara at the wedding. What a nice gesture of the royal couple to give Sofia her own tiara. It's a very lovely piece imo. I love emeralds.

I am crazy for that tiara... the handsome emeralds... simple, stunning....

And she has the emerald earings from Ebbe Brahe, they tiara and earings May not match but she started a emerald collection it seems

I long for the nobel Events in december 2 gala dinners
But before that a represenation dinner
Any incomming state visits?

I really hoped fo a new tiara and the family had the common sense of buying for her a new one luckily! The tiara is very beautiful, I have a soft spot for emerald... I agree that the earrings didn't quit match with the tiar but they worked in the whole ensemble yesterday.

I think giving her the tiara marked her becoming a princess.

Well... on itself you can become very well a Princess without a diadem... Some prefer no diadem or a floral wreath. The very blueblooded lady who is Her Imperial and Royal Highness Archduchess Astrid of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium wore no diadem at all. See picture. (Click on it to expand). And that while she has impressive jewels anyway... See picture. Also the Dutch Princess Christina (sister of Princess Beatrix), coming from a family with a large jewelry collection, went all 'bare' with just a classic 17th C style lace cap. See picture.

:flowers:

A quater of the voters in the wedding tiara poll voted that they believed that Sofia would wear a new tiara. So this does not come as a compelte surprise.
It would be nice if the emeralds were detachable. But if they could be changed for pearls, that might have looked better with the wedding dress. So maybe the emeralds are fixed? I also wonder if the tiara can be worn as a necklace.

It looks like it converts to a necklace. I wonder if it's next outing will be as a necklace (say, at Nobel time, with a Tiara from the Family Foundation), or tiara. Maybe that should be a poll? :)

It would be nice if the emeralds were detachable. But if they could be changed for pearls, that might have looked better with the wedding dress. So maybe the emeralds are fixed? I also wonder if the tiara can be worn as a necklace.

I wonder if Sofia thought she wanted to wear the tiara just as it was, seeing as it was new and didn't want to change anything about it. The emeralds went well at least with the myrtle in her hair - but really I thought it was quite a subtle change to have emeralds worn by a bride.

If the emeralds are detachable, maybe Sofia will be given some other gems like rubies and sapphires in the future that can replace the emeralds from time to time.

I wondered if, given the Art Deco feel, if this tiara had been purchased from the Estelle Bernadotte estate?

If these earings are real emeralds they must cost a fortune !

I wondered if, given the Art Deco feel, if this tiara had been purchased from the Estelle Bernadotte estate?
I don't think so. Countess Estelle had numerous occasions to wear tiaras. Why then would she not have shown herself in this perfectly nice and wearable tiara? Or on one of her daughters-in-law? I believe that we would have seen pictures of it, it it had been owned by her.

If these earings are real emeralds they must cost a fortune !

I can't imagine the the King and Queen giving their new DIL a tiara with fake jewels in it.

Myself I'm not that impressed with the color of them...but I think it's hard to find the darker real emeralds nowdays.

LaRae

I can't imagine the the King and Queen giving their new DIL a tiara with fake jewels in it.

Myself I'm not that impressed with the color of them...but I think it's hard to find the darker real emeralds nowdays.

LaRae

I do not think the earings are Fromm. The king and queen
The earings are from ebba brahes fall collection maybe later we will. Se. The. Prize

Ebba Brahe

Right no I am talking about the tiara that was a gift from the King and Queen. The earrings have been worn by other members of the family.

LaRae

If you look under the emeralds there looks to be a latch similar to a pendant latch on an important diamond necklace. Those emeralds just might detach.

One of my favourite ever... simple, beautiful and with my favourite stones ; emeralds

I love the style of the tiara and the setting...but I am not a fan of the color of the stones...but if she has already started an collection of emerald jewelry then it makes sense she would of wanted this stone.

LaRae

I dislike the emeralds, but if she likes it, it is all that counts. She looked lovely.

I like the diamond wedding band best!

Are Sofia's diamond wedding earrings borrowed from the Bernadotte collection?

Are Sofia's diamond wedding earrings borrowed from the Bernadotte collection?

They are certainly family jewels, not sure if they are owned by the foundation, or one of the family members privately.

:previous: Victoria has worn them many times to the Nobels etc. I am not sure whether they are her own or part of the family collection. One blog was claiming they were loaned to her by Victoria.

Sofia's earrings are from queen Josephine's diamond stomacher. It had diamond pendants/pearl pendants which haven't been used after it was turn to a necklace. Victoria wore the stomacher as a necklace at Madeleine's wedding, and the earrings too.
Queen Josefina's Diamond Stomacher Necklace _ The Court Jeweller
The stomacher on queen Victoria with diamonds.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...a_of_Sweden_(1881)_1928_by_Victor_Roikjer.jpg

Both Victoria and Madeleine have worn the earrings, especially Victoria has them often.
The earrings on Victoria at the Nobel ceremony in 2012.
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Nobel+Banquet+Stockholm+sl_Lg1IhFBax.jpg
Victoria had them also at the state visit of the president of India on 1st June 2015.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010040011P14381544791206428

Last edited:
The earrings looked totally unfamilar to me, so it was a surprise to know they are part of the swedish royal family collection! I thought they were a gift from Sofia's parents or relatives...

Thank you! They looked familiar to me but couldn't quite place them.

Also, I highly doubt Sofia's parents gave them to her. That would be a very, very expensive purchase and I doubt her parents are that well off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom