Duchess of Cornwall Jewels 8: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I cannot claim to be a fan of brooches from the Lucky Animal collection, I think Camilla has much nicer brooches in her collection, and I would like to see her use those more.

Last edited:
That gold-coloured brooch, is it an odd-looking Canadian maple leaf?

I think it is an oak leaf, like the real ones she has pined. This was a video message to Chelsea Pensioners for Royal Oak Day (Oak Apple Day) I believe.

I would like to see it getting lots of love especially in winter when everything is dank and dreary. I'd defy anyone to stay downhearted withat gorgeous, fiery beauty in their view. It is glorious and deserves a better fate than the dark inside of a jewelry box in a safe!

Luckily Camilla can wear the big chunky pieces well. Meaning they suit her. A bit like how Queen Maxima can wear the big pieces well also.

I would like to see it getting lots of love especially in winter when everything is dank and dreary. I'd defy anyone to stay downhearted withat gorgeous, fiery beauty in their view. It is glorious and deserves a better fate than the dark inside of a jewelry box in a safe!

I think it would work well just as well on either a dark dress (black, navy or even dark green) as it will on a taupe or creme coloured one. It could be used a brooch, just as Camilla did in 2007, or as a devant de corsage.

The Topaz and Diamond brooch is stunning was it confirmed it was once owned by the late queen mother.

The Topaz and Diamond brooch is stunning was it confirmed it was once owned by the late queen mother.

I have never seen any information as to its provenance.

Yes indeed! I hope she gives it an airing this year.

I've said before I have a large piece of amber set in a silver brooch that's similar to this but these days I don't have enough occasions to wear it.

I think a trip to Waitrose might justify an amber brooch, don't you? :flowers:

I think a trip to Waitrose might justify an amber brooch, don't you? :flowers:

I'm shielding (mostly) as I care for my elderly Mum so I'm not going into shops but I'd consider wearing it when their delivery van arrives (next due on Sunday). :lol:

I'm shielding (mostly) as I care for my elderly Mum so I'm not going into shops but I'd consider wearing it when their delivery van arrives (next due on Sunday). :lol:

Once a week outing for the brooch, done!

Once a week outing for the brooch, done!

They come once a fortnight but I'm definitely warming to the idea (would have to change out of the gardening togs I seem to be living in & find something decent to pin it on).

I'm sure Camilla used to have a similar problem because she lived in gardening / riding clothes but she can go from that to looking regal, which I suspect is a lot harder than it looks. She has a fabulous jewel collection now but she never looks overwhelmed by them, which a lot of people would be.

I looked up my files on the large piece Camilla wore. Many years ago possibly around 2007 Majesty magazine wrote that the central piece is Amber surroundered by diamonds and belonged to the Queen Mother.
It is possible that Royal jewels of the World Message Board has also written a provenance on the piece. Just type in RJWMB and that will get you to this excellent site.
It is not topaz.

I looked up my files on the large piece Camilla wore. Many years ago possibly around 2007 Majesty magazine wrote that the central piece is Amber surroundered by diamonds and belonged to the Queen Mother.
It is possible that Royal jewels of the World Message Board has also written a provenance on the piece. Just type in RJWMB and that will get you to this excellent site.
It is not topaz.

Thank you. Unfortunately, RJWMB no longer has its old archives online.

The Order of Sartorial Splendour identifies the brooch as being Diamond and Citrine which to me sounds pretty right.

Since the outrageously gorgeous Aquamarine Pearl Choker is described as a family piece, it's certainly possible that both of these pieces have from an earlier time and while stunning, are not in the same value area as those in HM's private jewel collection.

And whi6she is wearing hanging pearls, they are NOT her everyday pair. It is relatively rare that she wears something else, especially during the day. I can't believe I missed it.

On further examination, they don't look like pearl's at all. More like clear stones or perhaps aquamarine?.

It seems as if Camilla has packed away her pearl chokers as we only see them rarely anymore. Worse, we don't even see and necklaces and I would love to see her wear the single string of gorgeous pearls worn by the Queen mother. Camilla has worn this many times but not at all recently and they are so beautiful and the diamond clasp is so elegant it finishes the string perfectly.

It seems as if Camilla has packed away her pearl chokers as we only see them rarely anymore. Worse, we don't even see and necklaces and I would love to see her wear the single string of gorgeous pearls worn by the Queen mother. Camilla has worn this many times but not at all recently and they are so beautiful and the diamond clasp is so elegant it finishes the string perfectly.

I, too, had noticed that she seems to be largely seen in her Kiki pendant these days. However, I think the lack of chokers may be more to do with the relatively less formal engagements she seems to be at these days. Lets see, I hope the chokers will return soon.

:previous: Having just watched a couple of Interior Design shows, it seems that the pandemic devolvement from the dining table to TV tables with people's accompanying descent into athleisure and further to leisurewear and then plain old sweat pants is now driving a need to enhance people's living, to raise their standards, to get dressed, toss out the sweats followed closely by the leisurewear.

With polished dining tables, flatware and real napkins come the need to invite a (vaccinated) friend or two to dinner. We all know what that means . . . dusting off the pearl studs and tippling champagne with friends and reminding them that you had forgotten just how lovely their earrings/necklace/brooch really was and how nice it is to see them again.,

Now, does anyone know if there is an official state dinner for the President and Dr Biden or just a private, dust off the minor bling, dinner for us all to drool over? If it is just a short meet and greet, I am sure we will still see a bauble or two . . . not to mention at least Camilla's everyday hanging pearl earrings and perhaps a certain single strand of gorgeous, lustrous, pearls.

Last edited:
:previous: Having just watched a couple of Interior Design shows, it seems that the pandemic devolvement from the dining table to TV tables with people's accompanying descent into athleisure and further to leisurewear and then plain old sweat pants is now driving a need to enhance people's living, to raise their standards, to get dressed, toss out the sweats followed closely by the leisurewear.

With polished dining tables, flatware and real napkins come the need to invite a (vaccinated) friend or two to dinner. We all know what that means . . . dusting off the pearl studs and tippling champagne with friends and reminding them that you had forgotten just how lovely their earrings/necklace/brooch really was and how nice it is to see them again.,

Now, does anyone know if there is an official state dinner for the President and Dr Biden or just a private, dust off the minor bling, dinner for us all to drool over? If it is just a short meet and greet, I am sure we will still see a bauble or two . . . not to mention at least Camilla's everyday hanging pearl earrings and perhaps a certain single strand of gorgeous, lustrous, pearls.

Whilst the Biden's will meet HM at Windsor, I am not sure they will meet C&C at all. There will be no state dinner for the Biden's, this is not a state visit. That said, I am sure they will be served an excellent cup of tea or coffee at Windsor. I'm afraid Camilla's pearls will have to wait.

Damn, you have just dashed my hopes and danced on my dreams. Never mind, perhaps HM will wear a double set of pearls.

Damnation! You have just trampled the hope and crushed the dream. Perhaps HM will up her game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, you have just dashed my hopes and danced on my dreams. Never mind, perhaps HM will wear a double set of pearls.

Damnation! You have just trampled the hope and crushed the dream. Perhaps HM will up her game.

I was wrong. Further details of the G& events have now been released, and The Queen, C&C and W&C will all be at the G7 today. So hopefully a few pearls and diamonds might be on display.

Oh I do hope so. I hate to think of these gorgeous jewels gathering dust!!!! Ho ho.

Yay!!! Her most gracious Majesty sported her beautiful triple set of pearls for the G7 meet and greet, not to mention QMary's pearl and diamond studs and just to add a cherry on top, repeated them at the Trooping of the Colour with the addition of those delectable aquamarine clips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom