Duchess of Cornwall Jewels 8: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's pairing of her everyday pearl earrings and the nicer (IMO) of her diamond clasped pearl chokers will always have the Wow factor but the day belonged to the pairing of her purple crystal and diamond earrings paired with her four strand pearl choker paired with her with amethyst and diamond clasp.

The amethyst earrings are just stunning on the duchess.

I love Camilla's turquoise bracelets and believe her demi-parure

I really adore her Southseas black pearls. The lustre is magical. And you can't go amiss with shamrock or horseshoe brooch.

The Turquoise Shamrock brooch is small but still pretty I had no idea was a wedding gift in 1947 from the dowager Duchess of Portland to the then Princess Elizabeth,I had thought it was a newbie!

Strangely enough, Camilla looks fantastic in white, which is the base colour of her evening gown so, short of light and sparkly sapphires, we got Camilla's wonderful diamond demi-parure and it looks fantastic.

I think the reason her jewels look so amazing is that Camilla "wears" her jewels, they don't wear her. She has wonderful deportment, excellent presence and the gravitas to carry off really significant jewellery.

And paired with one the duchess's beautiful signature pearl chokers which works so well.

That diadem never fails to amaze me. Fresh, modern, impressive, truly regal.

Probably my least favorite tiara she wears.

LaRae

Duchess Camilla looks better in this Boucheron tiara than the Queen Mum did with her round face and her short height. It shows how different jewels can look on different women.

Duchess Camilla looks better in this Boucheron tiara than the Queen Mum did with her round face and her short height. It shows how different jewels can look on different women.

Yes, she looks much better.

I love Camilla in the Boucheron; I only wish she had forgone the choker, pretty as it is, and worn the wall-o-diamonds Greville Festoon, because as far as I am concerned, there can never be too many very large diamonds.

I laughed to myself when I saw what Camilla was wearing to the return dinner at the American Embassy. She looked elegant and quite stunning in a very understated way but, of far more significance, was that she managed to make her magnificent Pear Drop Diamond Demi-Parure look discreet.

I nearly choked, but there she stood ready to take part in the obligatory group photos she managed to look calm, collected, and beautifully attired and somehow, don't ask me how she managed to glow and not glitter.

Wink aside, our Cams has 'powers'.

Wink aside, our Cams has 'powers'.

She does indeed, her transition from [essentially] a 'tweedy' countrywoman to an elegant and poised figure who can carry off staggering jewels 'lightly' [jewels which would overwhelm most others] is remarkable.. and all from a 'standing start', in 2005.

I'm not sure it was a standing start actually. She certainly typified the horsey/tweedy type but as a young Camilla Shand she could definitely be glamorous & wear jewellery with style so I don't really find it remarkable that she can do justice to the royal jewels. She was always capable of being glam & she scrubbed up well but during her 'at home' years, she seemed to prefer jodhpurs to jewels. :lol:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_01/camillaDM0106_468x605jpg.jpg

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article9156575.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/PAY-WA916286-1.jpg

Okay, I was obviously asleep and missed the arrival is these beauties.

Anyone able fill me in on the when, what, who from and history?

Okay, I was obviously asleep and missed the arrival is these beauties.

Anyone able fill me in on the when, what, who from and history?

She has had these earrings a few years, and I have seen her wear them in the Middle East.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom