Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've an odd question here. Should Camilla be crowned as Queen Consort when the time comes, is it possible that perhaps some pieces could be fashioned into her own personal Queen Consort crown or would she wear one that has been previously worn? Just wondering....

From the times of Queen Adelaide, all Queens Consort (Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen, Alexandra of Denmark, Mary of Teck and Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon) have worn crowns specially made for them, so it is probable one will be made for Camilla as well.
However, if a new crown isn't specifically created for Camilla's coronation (Queen's Consort are usually crowned alongside their husbands, just at the end of the Coronation Ceremony), then Camilla will most likely use the Queen Mother's Crown or Mary of Modena's Crown; the latter will need a bit of restoration though.

Last edited:
I think it's likely Camilla would use The Queen Mother's Crown, which is in very good condition and was designed to match the Imperial State Crown. Unlike past Queen Consorts, The Queen Mother rarely wore her crown, although she did wear the circlet without the arches a few times, but compared to prior crowns, it was worn far less.

I agree. I think if Camilla is crowned consort, then we'll see her wear the late Queen Mother's coronation crown. And really, there's no reason why she should not. It is a perfectly suitable option and would require only minor attention should any alterations be considered necessary.

Great job on the photoshopping! Thanks for sharing it with us.

I can't quite make out which choker she is wearing . . . anyone else spot it?

Judging by the size of the pearls and number of rows, Camilla appears to be wearing her favourite diamond choker.

Cropped from much larger pictures and constitute less than 20% of the original

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 524
Last edited:
Good eye, Artemisia. I thought the new one was a four-strand as well.

Good eye, Artemisia. I thought the new one was a four-strand as well.

It is, but the newest choker has much larger pearls, apart from the four smaller pearls immediately next to the clasp.

Cropped from much larger pictures and constitute less than 20% of the original

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 457
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 488
Last edited:
Thanks for the side-by-side comparison; the pearls are definitely larger in the newer one. Do you have any idea about the set of bird brooches she wore today? They must be new, too.

Thanks for the side-by-side comparison; the pearls are definitely larger in the newer one. Do you have any idea about the set of bird brooches she wore today? They must be new, too.

The brooches are definitely not new; in fact, there are some of Camilla's most-worn brooches. They appear to be part of Camilla's private jewellery collection (possibly, family heirlooms) because she has worn them pre-wedding as well.

Occasions worn include:
- The visit to Hampshire with Prince Charles on May 26, 2011
- The visit to Cullompton Farmers' Market September 12, 2008
- The visit to Swindon College on November 29, 2006
- The visit to the Ditchling museum on May 26, 2006

Cropped from much larger picture and constitute less than 20% of the original

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 739
Last edited:
This is a first viewing for me, so thank you again. I like how she wore them together rather than separately on her collar; they're more pronounced this way.

Last edited:
:previous:
You are most welcome. :)
These are very delicate pieces and not really easy to spot at all.
I've been doing a research on Camilla's jewellery lately, and this pair came up far more often than I had expected.

You have very good resources and a keen eye, so many thanks for your information.:flowers:

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the results of your research with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, those certainly aren't Camilla's hands though the ring is remarkably alike!:D Angelina's diamond seems narrower, though.

I love the cute clips, she wears them well! :flowers:

:previous:
I wish it were new, but the pearl and ruby choker is actually one of Camilla's most worn chokers.

Occasions worn include:
- On her first joint official engagement with Prince Charles during their honeymoon on April 14 2005 (wearing Rothesay tartan)
- Visit to the Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha Temple in Hounslow as part of Commonwealth Day celebrations on March 13, 2006
- A visit to Trinity Hospice on November 28, 2006
- The BBC Radio 4 Food and Farming Awards at Broadcasting House on November 25, 2009 (the 10th Anniversary of the award launched in 2000 by the Prince of Wales)
- Meeting with Red Cross volunteers during a Red Cross Reception at Mansion House on March 3, 2011
- The ICAP Charity Day at ICAP on December 7, 2011 in support of Maggies cancer charity of which she is a patron.

Cropped from larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,199
I figured you'd respond to my question, Artemisia, I was sitting here with a stopwatch timing how long it would take you to research and put up your links!:D Thank you for all your photos and information. I have to say that I'm not too fond of this one although it is attractive; the center rubies are very dark, although the lighter beads add a nice touch. The pearls are very large, but I like her other chokers better with the diamond clasps and especially the pink topaz/amethyst. I have such a soft spot for pearls!

Last edited:
Couldn't disappoint you, could I? :cool: ;)
With the help of several members here, I've created a pretty comprehensive database of Camilla's jewellery, pre and post-wedding, so it took only a couple of minutes.

It's not my favourite choker as well; I much prefer her diamond pieces, including the newest huge diamond choker.
This one may be versatile though because unless I'm much mistaken, the clasp can be removed, creating a choker-like necklace (with the addition of a couple of red beads), which looks rather nice. If those aren't the same pearls, she owns a really similar necklace.

Now, creating a similar database for the Queen is proving to be quite tricky; her brooches alone might fill my computer's hard-drive capacity. I've so far only managed to more or less finish the rings and bracelets. Won't give up though: Her Majesty's immense collection will not break my spirit! :D

Last edited:
I like this version of the pearl choker better without the ruby clasp and the additional beads. Very versatile and the pink stones enhance the pearls so much.

I have every faith in your ability to catalogue HM's massive jewel collection; you know you have to keep people like me current with every sparkler she sports!:flowers:

I'm really not too crazy about the pearl and ruby chocker. It looks rather bulky to me.

And to make matters worse the red stones are only glass!! I will try and find the article detailing this piece and post.

Yes, that looks like the likely solution; doh! Just a matter of wearing the clasp in the back.;)

I only like the ruby choker w/clasp to the back.
Thank you Artemisia for all your research and postings, I really do appreciate it.

Is Camilla's engagement ring from the Q Mother?

You are welcome! Yes, Camilla's engagement ring belonged to the Queen Mother. The platinum and diamond ring was not the Queen Mother’s wedding or engagement ring, but it was one of the favourites in her collection. It has been suggested (but never confirmed) that the ring might have been part of the Greville inheritance.
- The ring as worn by the Duchess of Cornwall (during the visit to Portugal in March of 2011)
- The ring as worn by the Queen Mother (during an evening event in 1980's)
And to make matters worse the red stones are only glass!! I will try and find the article detailing this piece and post.
If the stones are actually glass, then I hope Camilla never wears this choker again; she has an abundance of much nicer pieces to settle for this one.
Somehow I just can't see Camilla essentially re-stringing the pearls every time she want't to wear the "other" version! I think they are just worn alternately with the clasp to the front,http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010090041Z133479482191102 or to the back
You know, such a simple solution never actually occured to me. Thanks! :flowers:

Not a fan of the ruby clasp, but I too love the ruby and diamond brooch, such a pretty interwoven design to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom