The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

I love it that she wears this one at least at a few events. It's so great to see some rotation in her tiaras. The Boucheron is a great tiara and suits her well. But it gets a bit boring to see the same thing again and again and again and...

The Shand tiara has a strange shape though. The middle part pops up in weird way. Apart from that the wreath design is beautifully executed.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm glad to see it, too. It is a beautifully executed tiara and I hope she wears it at least once a year. Camilla is made for tiaras, whether small, standard or whopping. She can do them all.

Old 12-03-2014, 11:04 AM
Courtier

Camilla does wear the larger tiaras very well. Not many can carry them off the way she can.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I love it! Much better IMO than the other one.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Royal Highness

I've never seen this tiara
Old 12-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

The tiara comes from her own family. Camilla has already worn it for her first wedding with Andrew Parker-Bowles and her daughter has also married with this tiara.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The tiara comes from her own family. Camilla has already worn it for her first wedding with Andrew Parker-Bowles and her daughter has also married with this tiara.
she also wore it for the 2005 Diplomatic Reception, though we only got a short video of that.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not a fan of the way the center raised portion tilts towards the back of her head.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:20 AM
Majesty

The Fine Cell Work Pop-Up Shop Opened - Pictures - Zimbio

The diamond choker used for the Diplomatic Reception on Tuesday got another outing on Wednesday when Camilla carried out an engagement at Fortnums
Old 12-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Watch (Yay) and Tiara Watch (Nay): December 3

Blog posting on the Cubitt Shand tiara.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Although I like seeing Camilla in a different tiara, I'm not a fan of this one - perhaps it's partly because of how it sits on her head, but I would prefer it if she raided the Queen's jewellery box again.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-05-2014, 02:06 AM
Majesty

All of the tiaras Camilla has worn so far:

1 2 3

For a wife of an heir, many may be surprised that she has only worn 3 tiaras. But at least 2 of them have been large.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post

1 2 3

For a wife of an heir, many may be surprised that she has only worn 3 tiaras. But at least 2 of them have been large.
If The Queen's Diamonds by Hugh Roberts is to be believed, she also has the Teck Crescent tiara, but has not been photographed in it.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:20 AM
Majesty

I think the first tiara is the one that fits her most
Old 12-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I think the first tiara is the one that fits her most
That is the Greville Boucheron, the one she uses regularly.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Although I like seeing Camilla in a different tiara, I'm not a fan of this one - perhaps it's partly because of how it sits on her head, but I would prefer it if she raided the Queen's jewellery box again.
Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
She does have a great tiara head though. And I liked on her better than in the wedding photo. On The Duchess, it was spritely and festive. That's OK every once in a while.
But she does look splendid in the really huge tiaras that dwarf most others who wear them! She also carries off the boxier shaped tiaras that look silly on a head with less hair and a differently shaped face.
Thankfully, God blessed me without tiara hair, which is fine, since I have no sparklers like that and no where to wear them.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post

1 2 3

While the mighty bouche has become her "go to" tiara, I have to admit that I would love to see her wear the Delhi Durbar again. For such a large tiara it is quite delicate whereas the Boucheron is very heavy looking.

Her family tiara is quite lovely and it certainly has it's uses, better still when, on it's last outing, the Mail called it an "exquisite diamond-encrusted tiara" and the Telegraph called it "a stunning diamond-encrusted tiara" and both stating that "royal watchers believed to be her family’s Cubitt-Shand diamond-encrusted tiara. Research guys, research!
Old 12-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

It seems like she only have two tiaras she like the most- the Greville Boucheron and the Cubitt-Shand tiara. She hasn't worn the Delhi Durbar in a long time and it's said that she have the Teck Crescent tiara but she has never worn it. I think that tiara is best suited for Catherine. Camilla carries the much larger tiaras well.

I hope she stay away from the Greville Necklace though. That wasn't a good look on her.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Gentry

That family tiara of Camilla's is indeed a beauty, but it needs a more controlled hairdo for it to really shine as intended.
Camilla's hairdo is great for the larger tiaras that she has been wearing, but she needs to find a smaller one for this tiara.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:11 PM
Majesty

The Sun Military Awards - Pictures - Zimbio

Camilla used her large sapphire pendant (with the "minor" collet necklace) at the Milly awards last week. With it, she also used her Saudi sapphire earrings.

Closed Thread