Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing those, Baroness. It's a very pretty necklace. I like the blue shade of the stone.

That might be a diamond and enamel clasp, which may give it a blue coloration.

:previous: I love the shade of blue. Goes wonderfully against the black of her jacket.

A lovely choice of colour. I hope she loans these pieces to Kate sometime.

I love that she's color-coordinated her jewelry and dress. Very lovely ensemble.

I always liked that serpent necklace; I think Queen Alexandra and perhaps Queen Mary wore bracelets in the serpent style as well.

I like the rich purple velvet colour. It's a perfect choice for this occasion.

I love, love. love this necklace (paired, of course, with her favourite pearl earrings), the colour absolutely glows and the colour of her dress enriches the clasp which, in turn, highlights her eyes.

Is it new or did I just miss it's many outings?

Underprivileged Children Help The Duchess Of Cornwall Decorate The Clarence House Christmas Tree - Pictures - Zimbio

It is very old, Camilla had it when she was still married to APB. She wore it quite a lot early in her marriage to Charles, but less so subsequently

Last edited:
:previous: They are beautiful and displayed to perfection as you say. I don't remember seeing them before, so many thanks.

I was wondering if the brooch was some type of regimental badge, given the occasion.

According to The Express " The diamond brooch was a gift from a friend and based on the rosette worn as a badge by Admiral Lord Nelson on his bicorne hat." It is a lovely item, has she worn it before?

That is a lovely brooch. Thank you for the picture and the background information. I hope the Duchess will wear it again.

Thank you for the information on the brooch, Elly C. It does resemble a badge and is very beautiful; hope to see it worn again.

I love the design of this brooch!

It is a fabulous brooch.. It reminds me of a Fringe tiara, some how.

It does look a lot like Her Majesty's Welsh Guards Leek Brooch. If it's indeed the one, that it was a lovely gesture to wear the brooch on this particular engagement with her mother-in-law. :)

Looks the same to me; was it worn because today was St. David's Day? A nice nod to the feast day.

Last edited:
I really love the simplicity and elegance of the Leek brooch. It's lovely that the Duchess chose to wear it on St. David's Day.

it does indeed look like the queens welsh guard brooch a nice gesture

It is a shame that every photo I have seen of this Leek Brooch has been blurry. Would love to see a nice clear closeup pic of this brooch.

I'm sorry but this appears to be the clearest crop of the brooch. Hopefully, someone else will be able to provide a better picture.
Incidentally, this wasn't the first time Camilla wore the brooch; if I'm not mistaken, she wears the small leek brooch in this picture as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom