The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2012, 01:19 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
How wonderful! What an utterly fantastic necklace! thank you Artemenisia for the article about it.
I can see a glimpse of earrings from beneath her hair, are they matching?
You are welcome.
Camilla has worn the earrings quite often, mostly with her other amethyst necklace and one of the chokers, so I assume she has had it for some time.

Picture of the Queen Mother's wedding gift (GREAT find, OTSS!) is definitely a match. Of course, there has been some re-modelling and the chain appears to have been shortened, but it's definitely the same necklace.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

For her arrival in PNG, Camilla sported her favorite Pearl Earrings plus Necklace, Bangle, Watch, I think. There was a lot going on with that bling plus the print of her dress. I am guessing, given the locale, we will be seeing a lot of pearls on this trip! I hope so.

The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Papua New Guinea - Day 2 - Pictures - Zimbio

Old 11-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The gold bangle on the right hand is a pretty rare piece; I think Camilla has worn it just a handful times.

The bracelet on the right wrist, however, is a pretty frequent one: the Duchess has worn it on quite a few occasions, sometimes paired with a matching gold charm bracelet. I've attached a good-quality picture of both.

Cropped from a larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Camilla charms bracelet.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	287063  
Old 11-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks, Artemisia! So it was not a new loose dress watch. Thanks for the ID. Do you agree that there was a necklace? At first I thought it was just part of the dress, then I changed my mind.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

You are welcome.
I don't know about a necklace, to be honest: it could be part of the dress, or it could indeed be a delicate necklace.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Today she repeated the bracelet, bangle and pearls. Here is a good shot of the bracelet/bangle as well as her magnificent diamond ring.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...i_2388077k.jpg
Old 11-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Serene Highness

Yikes. She's looking wilted, to say the least.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Yikes. She's looking wilted, to say the least.
I don't think Camilla and tropical temperatures go together well. I think I've read where she really doesn't care for hot/humid climates and after being out in that kind of heat for a while, the best of us look like a damp washrag.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't think Camilla and tropical temperatures go together well. I think I've read where she really doesn't care for hot/humid climates and after being out in that kind of heat for a while, the best of us look like a damp washrag.
I can relate to Camila's sentiments; heat and humidity are not my friends. She does look wilted, but it's probably due to heat exhaustion.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Let's hope she manages to complete her obligations on this tour. In the past she has bailed on official occasions during overseas tours due to 'heat'.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hate heat and humidity and have had to deal with both. Camilla looks and acts years older than she is. I can say that, because I am older than she is. "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen".
Old 11-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am sure that the requirement to do this kind of thing was one of her major objections to marrying Charles rather than continue in their previous relationship.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I am sure that the requirement to do this kind of thing was one of her major objections to marrying Charles rather than continue in their previous relationship.
Did she have objections to marrying Prince Charles? At the time of their engagement she mentioned she was so incredibly surprised and happy.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Let's hope she manages to complete her obligations on this tour. In the past she has bailed on official occasions during overseas tours due to 'heat'.
Do you have any examples when she has "bailed on official occassions during overseas tours due to heat"? In Rajasthan, it was reported that due to the extreme heat she took a few quiet minutes. Similarly during the trip to Africa last year, it was reported at one stage she had a few minutes to herself in the shade, but soldiered on thereafter.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:35 AM
Royal Highness

I personally find it unfair to critizise people for not being up to everything due to their health. I have myself massive problems when it is hot and if Camilla has similar problematics, I congratulate her on her trooper spirit. Plus she added another engagement on short notice to her schedule in Papua New Guinea, that doesn't sound as if she is "workshy"...

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall begin tour of Australia - Telegraph

From the article:
"The meeting was arranged at the last minute after the royal party discovered the veterans were staying at the same hotel. The Duchess, whose father Major Bruce Shand was captured at the Battle of El Alamein and spent three years as a PoW, said: "I felt I ought to be here because my father was in the war and I know he would have liked to see me here with all of you."
Old 11-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Serene Highness

At least Melbourne will be a cool (& wet) change!!
Always rains for Cup day. Lol
Old 11-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel

Do you have any examples when she has "bailed on official occassions during overseas tours due to heat"? In Rajasthan, it was reported that due to the extreme heat she took a few quiet minutes. Similarly during the trip to Africa last year, it was reported at one stage she had a few minutes to herself in the shade, but soldiered on thereafter.
I believe it was Indonesia. We are still at the hotel post hurricaine Sandy, so I don't have access to my library until the power is restored to our town
Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I believe it was Indonesia. We are still at the hotel post hurricaine Sandy, so I don't have access to my library until the power is restored to our town
Camilla did not go to Indonesia. It was announced in advance of the trip that Camilla will visit Japan and Brunei, whilst the PoW will carry on to Indonesia thereafter. The Duchess headed back to London after Brunei to prepare for a number of forthcoming engagements, including the 60th birthday celebrations for the PoW and Rememberance Sunday.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the clarification Muriel. Is this a case of misunderstanding a particular occasion and the resulting misinformation becoming "fact" by sheer dint of repetition or, is it just the continuation of the same old negative sniping as regards Camilla?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Thanks for the clarification Muriel. Is this a case of misunderstanding a particular occasion and the resulting misinformation becoming "fact" by sheer dint of repetition or, is it just the continuation of the same old negative sniping as regards Camilla?
Perhaps my cynicism belies my age, but I think this is really a case of persisting with ones own negative agenda, irrespective of fact. As they say, never let the truth get in the way of a good story.