Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time the Duchess is wearing a Sash and she wears it perfectly. Bravo

Have we identified the brooch the duchess is wearing?

I wonder if the brooch is the Acorn brooch. Sadly the photo is rather blurry. It is just wonderful that the Queen Mums sapphire fringe earrings are not out of style and match very well with the large sapphire engagement ring.
The lovers knot tiara looks to be a firm favourite of Catherines. And rightly so she looks lovely with it, suits her very nicely.

Wow I did predict it right she was wearing QEQM sapphire earrings and not buried them under her hair this time:D.

However it just doesn't go well with the Lovers Knot I think? (actually I think the Lovers Knot doesn't go well with most of the coloured stones) Two very different styles and are fighting with each other. Maybe with the Halo?

Wise choice to go necklace free and pick a white gown anyway.

Wow I did predict it right she was wearing QEQM sapphire earrings and not buried them under her hair this time:D.

However it just doesn't go well with the Lovers Knot I think? (actually I think the Lovers Knot doesn't go well with most of the coloured stones) Two very different styles and are fighting with each other. Maybe with the Halo?

The sapphires go with her sash though.:lol:

The sapphires go with her sash though.:lol:

Yes, that's why I hope she pairs them with her other two tiaras, if they are the only saphhire available to her.

I always think the orders of BRF is quite tricky to the ladies as the highest two order and the family order are in different colors, which limits the ladies' choices of gown's and jewel's because of the color. Read somewhere that people guess Charles will pick green for family order in his reign, I hope he will not as blue-green is more difficult than blue-yellow. :D

The bold part - you beat me to it. I had the same problem with the Lover's Knot when she wore the ruby necklace that I believe was part of the Greville bequest. It might have been the Spanish State Visit. These mismatches always make me feel like Kate is clueless when it comes to pairing really good jewelry.

The bold part - you beat me to it. I had the same problem with the Lover's Knot when she wore the ruby necklace that I believe was part of the Greville bequest. It might have been the Spanish State Visit. These mismatches always make me feel like Kate is clueless when it comes to pairing really good jewelry.

Yes the ruby necklace from the Spanish visit, I always wonder will the look be better if she wears the Lotus (pretty sure the Halo wouldn't go well with that necklace). The Lover's Knot is pretty but also can be very tricky.

I can´t spot any "mismatches" here... Still I would have prefered her to choose a smaller tiara for a republican state visit, like her wedding tiara which we haven´t seen since then on her.
I perfectly understand that the Lover´s Knot is her favourite, but a few changes here and then would be nice!

Last edited:
I love sapphires with pearls but they look odd worn in separate pieces. If Catherine had worn Diana's pearl & sapphire choker, it would have pulled the tiara & earrings together.

If I were choosing, the Lovers Knot tiara would be worn with just diamond or pearl earrings.

Last edited:
Looks like the Cambridge Lovers Knot has become her go to tiara.

I’d really like her to use another tiara. The lovers knot is so closely associated with Diana, that it’s still referred to as her mother in laws tiara every time she wears it.

It would be wonderful if she used a tiara that hasn’t been seen in long, and makes it her own.

Looks like the Cambridge Lovers Knot has become her go to tiara.

I’d really like her to use another tiara. The lovers knot is so closely associated with Diana, that it’s still referred to as her mother in laws tiara every time she wears it.

It would be wonderful if she used a tiara that hasn’t been seen in long, and makes it her own.

I wonder if she has another tiara?
I know she's worn others in the past, but I suspect that now she only has the Lover's Knot, and that will be it until Charles succeeds.

It's very pretty, but as others have pointed out, it's difficult to pair with jewels.
(I think it looked best worn with Queen Alexandra's wedding necklace, at the Dutch state dinner).

I love everything: the tiara, earrings, bracelet, brooch. I just wish she had worn a necklace. This would have been a great time to debut Diana's sapphire pendant necklace.

Yes the ruby necklace from the Spanish visit, I always wonder will the look be better if she wears the Lotus (pretty sure the Halo wouldn't go well with that necklace). The Lover's Knot is pretty but also can be very tricky.

IMO, the Lotus wouldn't solve the problem because it also has pearls. It only has 3 but still they are obvious. What she needs is an all diamond tiara but I have a feeling the Halo isn't grand enough for her now that she has the Lover's Knot.

The best tiara look she's had was last year with the pearl and diamond necklace that look made to match (along with the earrings).

LaRae

Kate really looked perfect the tiara was stunning ...

I can´t spot any "mismatches" here... Still I would have prefered her to choose a smaller tiara for a republican state visit, like her wedding tiara which we haven´t seen since then on her.
I perfectly understand that the Lover´s Knot is her favourite, but a few changes here and then would be nice!

It is not an ordinary "republican state visit", but a visit by the President of the United States, who is an "imperial president".

It is not an ordinary "republican state visit", but a visit by the President of the United States, who is an "imperial president".

This is off topic from the DOCa's jewels, but the term Imperial President for the United States President is not an official term. It was coined by an author and is not a compliment.

"Imperial Presidency is a term some use to describe the modern presidency of the United States which became popular in the 1960s and served as the title of a 1973 volume by historian Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr., who wrote The Imperial Presidency out of two concerns: presidency was uncontrollable and that it had exceeded the constitutional limits.[1]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Presidency

I find it difficult to believe that Kate hasn’t access to another tiara on a regular basis given that she is now a senior royal and will steadily increase her attendance at events, both home and abroad, where a tiara is required. Why might she have to wait until Charles ascends the throne when there are plenty of tiaras that are currently rarely worn?

I find it difficult to believe that Kate hasn’t access to another tiara on a regular basis given that she is now a senior royal and will steadily increase her attendance at events, both home and abroad, where a tiara is required. Why might she have to wait until Charles ascends the throne when there are plenty of tiaras that are currently rarely worn?

Because the Queen seems to loan them sparingly. And really there are only one or two tiara events per year that the Cambridges attend.

I wonder if William prefers her to wear the Lover's Knot as it will bring his mother to everyone's mind when ever Kate wears it.

Kate may just like wearing that one...it goes with almost everything.

LaRae

Camilla appears to be perfectly content with largely one tiara, so can't see why Kate needs more. ?

That tiara also looks very good on her. It suits her.

I agree. It's a tiara that looks its best set on dark hair, as photos of the Queen wearing it, and now Catherine, demonstrate. The contrast between the silky white pearls and the dark hair is amazing, and the proportions seem to suit Catherine very well. Of course I'd love to see her and Camilla wearing other tiaras, but the current tiaras that the Queen has loaned them suit them very, very well.

Camilla appears to be perfectly content with largely one tiara, so can't see why Kate needs more. [emoji2]
Yes, and she has at least 3 so she must wear the Greville out of preference.

The Halo was returned after the wedding and went on tour.
And the Lover's Knot is a more significant tiara than the Lotus. Since she hasn't worn that again, I assume it has been returned to the vault.

So I believe Kate only has the Lover's Knot although she'll probably have others once Charles succeeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom