Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondering if the Queen's tiaras (only she wears) will remain the same when Camilla is Queen Consort. If she will continue to wear the ones she has now or will she pass them on to Kate when she is the PoW.

LaRae

:previous: I think she will keep them and perhaps the 'Greville' will be her 'Girls' which it the one tiara I think we can be pretty sure will be retired for a while.

As to the number, Camilla has what Diana had and that is a family tiara and a royal tiara except that in Camilla's case the family one seems to belong to her and Diana had to return the family tiara to her brother who owns it.

Catherine has a Royal tiara and the LK looks to be "hers". We won't know about Meghan until we see her wear one.

Is the cross she is wearing new? I don't remember this necklace, but may have just missed it in the past.

What's the background if any to the earrings?

The earrings are a loan from HM. The earrings were made using pearls received by HM as a wedding present from Bahrain.

HM always hooks Catherine up with some great loans

Indeed. But Catherine also has the stature and natural elegance to do the jewels justice.

Are these larger than the Diana pearl and diamond drops? I love the diamond cross, it is just the right size. Maybe it was a confirmation gift?

The Halo was returned after the wedding and went on tour.
And the Lover's Knot is a more significant tiara than the Lotus. Since she hasn't worn that again, I assume it has been returned to the vault.

So I believe Kate only has the Lover's Knot although she'll probably have others once Charles succeeds.

I really like the Lotus tiara and would be very disappointed not to see it again. I know most of readers here prefer the lovers knot - so I might be minority but to me the Lotus is such a delicate and really lovely piece - I am disappointed by its underusage.
And the Cartier halo - is a nice piece, so would be interesting to see it once more. Most of the royal ladies wear their wedding tiaras when they are going to other weddings, but it seems the Cambridges are not invited to these events...

The Duchess is wearing the Oak leaf and Acorn brooch at the State banquet for President Trump.
(I didn't get the name right in a previous post.) It has 4 pearls set to look like Acorns.

I have to admit I would love to see the Halo Scroll nestled in a fabulous up do of Catherine's signature glossy dark curls. It really is a stunning tiara and seeing it against the dark brown hair instead of the bridal whiteout and with her matching wedding earrings would really look amazing..

I have to admit I would love to see the Halo Scroll nestled in a fabulous up do of Catherine's signature glossy dark curls. It really is a stunning tiara and seeing it against the dark brown hair instead of the bridal whiteout and with her matching wedding earrings would really look amazing..

You are right, it would be good to see Catherine use that tiara again at some time, though I very much doubt that will be the case.

It would have looked so muich better at her Wedding Day had she worn her hair then in an updo like she does it now so often.

It would have looked so muich better at her Wedding Day had she worn her hair then in an updo like she does it now so often.

I agree totally. By the time she left the church her hair was a mess IMO, the soft waves had completely fallen away and it was like rats tails. I have a feeling that she would go for an updo if she was getting married nowadays but in those days she couldn't see past wearing her hair down all the time.

I agree totally. By the time she left the church her hair was a mess IMO, the soft waves had completely fallen away and it was like rats tails. I have a feeling that she would go for an updo if she was getting married nowadays but in those days she couldn't see past wearing her hair down all the time.

With an updo the tiara would have a bit of an darker background instead of the white veil and it would have stand out more. She only started to experiment with her hair a few years after she got married as in the first years after her marriage she always wore it loose with an half-updo.

Archie's Christening
According to something I just read elsewhere, Catherine is wearing the same earrings that Diana wore to Harry's Christening. Do people here agree? (they look the same to me)

They are Diana’s earrings. Catherine has worn them 11 times before. Can’t tell if they’re the ones Diana wore to Harry’s christening though. Do look the same

Last edited:
Pretty positive they are the same earrings Diana wore to Harry's Christening.

LaRae

Yes, they are Diana's Collingwood diamond and pearl drop earrings.

IMO, the Lotus wouldn't solve the problem because it also has pearls. It only has 3 but still they are obvious. What she needs is an all diamond tiara but I have a feeling the Halo isn't grand enough for her now that she has the Lover's Knot.

I would love her to use the Halo again- but for some reason it seems to be a one off.
However, I am sure there are unused tiaras in the vault (we have ssen that ;) ) which she could use as all diamond or potentially diamond and sapphire....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom