The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-09-2012, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The dress would've looked great with some magnificent earrings and a nice brooch or bracelet. The overall looks is way too plain with jewelry kept to the very minimum.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
QUOTE=Artemisia;1409102]You are right, they do look very similar to the Art Deco Silver Paste Earrings she wore in November 2011 for the National Memorial Arboretum Appeal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Will and Kate Attend Thirty Club Event - Pictures - Zimbio

This pic (#1)definitely looks like the Art Deco Paste Earrings
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I actually really like the art-deco style paste earrings. Would have loved for them to be the real thing, but my sense is that she has been given a limited quantity of real jewels for now, and will gradually get a few more sparklers in the coming years.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
A statement set of large dangling earrings in rubies, emeralds or sapphires would have looked stunning with that dress and an updo. With access to beautiful jewels at her disposal, all she can do is wear paste, pretty though they are. SMH
I agree, a set a "statement" emeralds would be lovely with the dress.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pity she couldn't have worn Princess Diana's emeralds. IMAGINE.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Courtier

I didn't like the past earrings when we first saw them and now I like them even less. big NO NO NO from me, they really look tacky. if she had worn her wedding earrings it would have been great .....
Old 05-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Commoner

I agree, a splash of colour from authentic gemstones would have popped nicely with the cream dress (even the pretty ruby earrings).

That said, unless she pulls her hair back her earrings and necklaces would be lost under all of that hair. Methinks that it is time for a trim.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Pity she couldn't have worn Princess Diana's emeralds. IMAGINE.

IMAGINE indeed!!!!! Oh how I agree with you - but what I had in my mind's eye was the South Sea Pearl and diamond pendant earrings! How delightful they would look on the Duchess - they wouldn't be lost in all that hair!!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prsonally I don't think Kate is up to wearing anything like Diana's pieces at the moment she doesn't seem to be all that comfortable in doing so and I guess that time will come but IMO she not there yet.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003
Prsonally I don't think Kate is up to wearing anything like Diana's pieces at the moment she doesn't seem to be all that comfortable in doing so and I guess that time will come but IMO she not there yet.
Hmmmmm., I see what you mean! I just wish she'd start to dress like a Princess - ie wear decent jewellery. She is after all the wife of the second in line to the British Crown and I honestly think she needs a decent Dresser to help her! I sense a little inverted snobbery here!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I remember the beautiful diamond chandelier earrings Kate wore with her lilac gown to the BAFTA event in Los Angeles at the end of their Canadian tour. I can't see why Kate couldn't replicate this extravagant look with a similar pair of dangling statement earrings in colored stones. She's not averse to wearing a style like these as we've seen.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Personally I don't think Kate is up to wearing anything like Diana's pieces at the moment she doesn't seem to be all that comfortable in doing so and I guess that time will come but IMO she not there yet.
Diana also wore costume pieces so it is not exactly unheard of.
It is also possible that Catherine has very few important jewels to wear at this time. It is not as if she and William have attended any events since their marriage that require her to wear family important jewels, and even then surely some of Diana's personal jewels will be going to Harry.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Commoner

I think Kate is playing it understated right now - being newly royal, and also "austerity" environment if you will. We'll begin to see more bling in time!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Serene Highness

that makes sense
Old 05-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Out of curiosity, I trawled around to get a photo of Kate with the earrings at the BAFTA event, and here it is:

http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/Enter...0710_wmain.jpg

Now something similar in colored stones with that white gown would have looked sublime!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Diana also wore costume pieces so it is not exactly unheard of.
It is also possible that Catherine has very few important jewels to wear at this time. It is not as if she and William have attended any events since their marriage that require her to wear family important jewels, and even then surely some of Diana's personal jewels will be going to Harry.
Do we know how Diana's jewels were split up? I would imagine Harry could potentially inherit more as William will be getting the mother lode someday.
Even so, Diana had an awful lot of personal jewels, I can't imagine that Catherine has few important jewels.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Well there is no guarantee she has access to any of Diana's jewels, but I would imagine if she did step out in any of them there would be the inevitable Diana comparisons so that might be something they wish to avoid.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Lovely earrings from the Duchess today.
I'm afraid they don't look real (as in diamonds) to me, but still quite pretty.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Hard to tell whether they are real or not from that one picture. It would be a great pity if they were. If they are, I wonder if they were a wedding gift or not. It would also be nice if she wore a few of her wedding jewelry (I am sure she got many even though they asked for donations to their charity).
Old 05-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Serene Highness

Beautiful, they seem to match the dress.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Oh she looks LOVELY! I'm so glad she wore her hair up so we could see them