Countess of Wessex Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her jewels are always very delicate and simple and this necklace is no exception.
I know nothing about this gold pin. I'm curious too. Does anyone have some info?

I still find it diffcult to believe that HM would let Sophie borrow a tiara from a jeweller for an event at which Sophie is representing the BRF

Given the fuss caused when Diana borrowed a necklace & earings from Collingwood jewellers for photo's ahead of her wedding I agree that HM would not countenance the borrowing of jewels commercially.

would it be possible to turn her fringe necklace to a tiara?
Original images have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• sophiewssexsweden.JPG
    sophiewssexsweden.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 830
Last edited by a moderator:
would it be possible to turn her fringe necklace to a tiara?

Sophie has a fringe Necklace? Hmm I didn't know but I'm sure she could put it on a frame like most other fringes.:flowers:

^ That would be awesome indeed. I wish Sophie could have a tiara of her own - personally, I'd love to see her wear an emerald set!

I don't recall seeing Sophie wearing a fringe necklace. Josefine, would you have a picture, or anyone?:flowers:

I don't recall seeing Sophie wearing a fringe necklace. Josefine, would you have a picture, or anyone?:flowers:

She wore it at the Wedding of Victoria and Daniel.

I thought that this necklace was a loan from the Queen for the occasion:ermm:, I believe I have seen it worn by HM in pictures (or I am mistaking it with something else?). Do you know if the Countess owns it or borrowed it ?

Oh, that't the necklace you meant, I was actually thinking fringe like the one Queen Elizabeth wore to her wedding in 1947. Well if it is hers I'm sure she can take it to a jeweler and have it put on a frame.

I thought that this necklace was a loan from the Queen for the occasion:ermm:, I believe I have seen it worn by HM in pictures (or I am mistaking it with something else?). Do you know if the Countess owns it or borrowed it ?

We are unlikely to get a definitive answer as to whther it is owned by the Countess, or it was on loan from HM. HM has many necklaces that are quite similar in design to the one that the CoW wore to the wedding in Stockholm, so it could well be from that collection.

We are unlikely to get a definitive answer as to whther it is owned by the Countess, or it was on loan from HM. HM has many necklaces that are quite similar in design to the one that the CoW wore to the wedding in Stockholm, so it could well be from that collection.

I know of two and they were both gifts from Saudi Kings purchased at Harry Winston. HM lent them to Princess Diana on several occassions so no surprise if she lent them to the Countess.

After the Wedding some posters on the Royal Jewels MB compared the Necklace to the Queen's simlar ones but all where different so most likely no loan from the Queen.

Okay, now I know what fringe necklace is being discussed. Sorry, to be ignorant. Thanks.:flowers:

Given the fuss caused when Diana borrowed a necklace & earings from Collingwood jewellers for photo's ahead of her wedding I agree that HM would not countenance the borrowing of jewels commercially.
I would love to believe the same, but Sophie wore a borrowed necklace and earrings to the Danish royal wedding, and in fact, Sarah Ferguson wore it later as well. I'm hoping that right there is what prompted QEII to loan Sophie some different pieces. With QEII's jewel collection it has been a shame to see Sophie wearing insubtantial pieces when she represents the Queen.

The Fringe necklace

I am guessing that this is a family loaner. I have identified it as one of the Saudi pieces. There is a picture of a very young Diana wearing it in Susie Menzies Royal Jewels and I believe I have seen it in the very distant past on Sarah Fergesson.
I am new to this site and found it while researching Sophie's tiara. Thanks to all for the info, tidbits and marvelous pictures.

Menzies also states that there are 2 fringe necklaces in the posession of the Queen. Nothing like giving us grounds for confusion.:whistling:

Menkes' book was published some time ago and we know of one additional fringe necklace that has been added since then (still not certain where it came from, there has been speculation that Prince Phillip gave it to his wife as it first appeared sometime around an anniversary) and I had thought originall that it might be that one that we saw (earrings worn are similar as well): Golden Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II: Her Majest Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada
but on further examination, there are large spaces between the elements on this necklace and the drops are longer than the one we saw The Countess wearing.
I also do not think that the necklace worn by Sophie is either of the ones presented to the Queen by middle Eastern countries. Diana wore by the King Khalid and King Faisel necklaces and I think that while this one is similar to the King Khalid one, they are not the same.
I also cannot recall Sarah, Duchess of York wearing such a necklace, either. I know that she was given a diamond necklace with matching earrings and bracelet from the Queen and Prince Phillip as a wedding gift but I've not seen any pictures of her wearing a diamond fringe--however, it is not impossible as Sarah did on at least one occassion wear one of Victoria's bow brooches.

Is this aquamarine new? It's a beautiful piece. It suits her as well as the stone in her tiara/necklace but has a less formal setting and is perfect for her dress.

On September 10, Sophie, Countess of Wessex, as Patroness of ChildLine attended
a dinner in Devon.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

It looks like the aquamarine from her "new" tiara that she wore to Prince Albert's enthronement. Do you think that the stone is removeable and she wore it as a necklace at this event?

^ This is interesting. I'd like to read more about this stone too. Sophie looked smashing in black. Perfect dress, mood and smile as usual. :)

It looks like the aquamarine from her "new" tiara that she wore to Prince Albert's enthronement. Do you think that the stone is removeable and she wore it as a necklace at this event?
I bet your right Lady Karen, its probably from the tiara! Good eye!;)

I think that this stone is too small--the stone on the tiara is HUGE. She does have an aquamarine pendant, though....

:previous:
A pic of Sophie wearing the aquamarine tiara and pendant can be seen in post 33.

The "floral" tiara that Sophie wore during Danihs wedding, is new?
Pic

Pic
It was most likely a loan from a jewellery company, and Sophie never wore it again. Shortly after the wedding she started to wear the aquamarine tiara which she wears regularly.

It was most likely a loan from a jewellery company, and Sophie never wore it again. Shortly after the wedding she started to wear the aquamarine tiara which she wears regularly.
Thanks again. I´ve read that the diamond and aquamarine tiara provenance is Prince Philip´s family, it´s true?

Pic

It looks like a necklace that she wore as a tiara.....would look better as a necklace. I thought it was a gift from HM after the birth of Lady Louise.

It looks like a necklace that she wore as a tiara.....would look better as a necklace. I thought it was a gift from HM after the birth of Lady Louise.
The Countess of Wessex' aquamarine tiara is a contemporary piece. Some time ago a poster on the RJB wrote that she had seen a very similar tiara at the shop window of the new crown jeweller Collins.

There have been rumours that the small floral tiara from the Danish wedding is a smaller version of a tiara Princess Alice of Battenberg once owned. But it is not. Check out this post:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/sophie-countess-of-wessex-jewellery-256-10.html#post1052221

here is SOphie wearing that big aquamarine again, in Bermuda recently (and an interesting tan line to go with the dress she wore to the Swedish wedding).

sophie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom