The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Aristocracy

the earrings are lovely, I have never seen them before? Could they be part of the necklace? has anyone seen both being worn at the same time?

Old 11-26-2008, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by noldorlord View Post
the earrings are lovely, I have never seen them before? Could they be part of the necklace? has anyone seen both being worn at the same time?
If my memory serves me right, Sophie has only been seen wearing the rubies in the last year or so. The first event she wore them to was when she was pictured in the blue dress (1st picture above), which was one of her last public engagements before she gave brith and went on maternity leave. I would be very surprised if the earrings were part of the necklace - those things are quite difficult to put together, and rarely look as elegant and neat as the necklace does. My sense is that they are separate.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:44 AM
Aristocracy

Ok I 'm having another look and it looks like the neclace breaks down into a braclet pic 3 and the earrings - the stones in the necklace are all the same size? I hope not, this is some of the best I have seen on Sophie>
Old 11-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Royal Highness

I forgot the aquamarine clips HM Received on her 18th birthday. That would be a nice compliment to the aquamarine tiara--
Royal Collection - Dress for the Occasion

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

The rubies are very beautiful. The aquamarine clips would also be very lovely on her.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Royal Highness

Sadly, HM seems to be VERY stingy with allowing any females of the royal family to borrow her jewels....except the Duchess of Cornwall, or the former Princess of Wales.

I always found that curious....that she has such an impressive collection, but does not seem fond of lending them out....of course, we will never know the real reasons why..
Old 12-02-2008, 12:37 AM
Aristocracy

Maybe because she do not wont the world to know (remember) the extent of the collection. tax reasons? or a backlash on the royals? Who can tell..
Old 12-02-2008, 01:06 AM
Royal Highness

I never thought of it that way....good point!
Old 12-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness

But we get to see the extent of her collection anyway when she wears the jewels herself.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Royal Highness

The rubies are beautiful, and especially so on Sophie, but with a blue dress????
Old 02-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Queen Unveils The New Statue Of Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother - Pictures - Zimbio nice touch by Sophie to wear the Queen Mum's brooch today at the unveiling of her statue

Old 02-25-2009, 04:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
The Queen Unveils The New Statue Of Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother - Pictures - Zimbio nice touch by Sophie to wear the Queen Mum's brooch today at the unveiling of her statue
Love the brooch, hate the hat!
Old 02-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I don't recognise it as one worn by the Q Mum - do you have any further information about the brooch please?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Royal Highness

Lovely brooch--the outfit, well, I'll just stroll on over to the Fashion Threads for a few minutes.....

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkel View Post
The brooches worn by the Countess for the wedding were a gift to her from the Queen Mother on her own wedding. They are diamond clip brooches in art deco style, and can be worn as two brooches or as one large brooch. Sophie has worn them several times since her marriage, including at the Queen Mother's funeral.

The Countess also now has a diamond and sapphire brooch (probably the one you were refering to), in the shape of the crowned initials ER (Elizabeth Regina). It isn't very big, also in art deco style, and probably made for the Queen Mother in the late 1930s after her husband became King . Sophie started wearing this brooch in early 2003, and it was written that it was a gift from the present Queen in memory of the late Queen Mother. (the present Queen Elizabeth inherited all the jewels of her late mother)

found some more info on that brooch that Sophie wore yesterday

Old 04-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Heir Apparent

The magical photo of Sophie.
http://i41.tinypic.com/70j442.jpg
Old 04-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
The magical photo of Sophie.
http://i41.tinypic.com/70j442.jpg
Beautiful photo of Sophie, thanks for the picture!!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Royal Highness

I don't recognize this necklace-
Getty Images - Sophie Countess Of Wessex

Old 05-05-2009, 08:01 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
I don't recognize this necklace-
Getty Images - Sophie Countess Of Wessex

Yes i remember her wearing this necklace a couple of times during the tours the couple carried out in 2000/2001 and presumed it had been a gift from a country they had visited in the Gulf States but i have not seen her wearimng it in the last few years

Old 07-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Royal Highness

Brooch at the Queen's Garden Party:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

and, is this an aquamarine ring?
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/885...0A760B0D811297

Tags
countess of wessex, jewellery, sophie, sophie countess of wessex