Countess of Wessex Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are all correct, it is Sophie's own wedding tiara. I had not seen pictures of it for some time, and had forgotten what it looked like.
The necklace looks lovely, and is the first serious diamond necklace that I have seen on Sophie. If this indeed is a long term loan, I am sure it will be used quite a lot by Sophie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is similar but not quite it...frustrating.

no, that's it, exactly. The two necklaces are the same.

maybe because it sits in a different position; HM and Sophie's necks are quite different.

Okay, the Swedish wedding necklace has to be a loan from the Queen. I was sure I saw Diana wearing that same necklace early in her marriage, but it was the King Kahlid of Saudia Arabia Necklace. Not the same necklace.

The first is the King Khalid necklace.

Sophie's necklace looks similar to the necklace of QEII but there are differences:
1. The fringes on Sophie's necklace are closer together and this has nothing to do with angle or neck size.
2. Towards the side where the fringes end, the design is different. QEII's necklace has larger diamonds while Sophie's is smaller and the fringes continue further back on QEII's necklace.

It is so close in design, perhaps another Harry Winston necklace. I can't imagine QEII altering the King Khalid necklace because she usually wears this when any Saudi Arabian royal visits England.

I think there are more diamonds on the one Sophie wears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever the necklace is, and wherever it came from, it was lovely, and Sophie looked really lovely in it. i'd like to see her wear it again. At Prince Albert's wedding! With the aquamarine tiara.

Whatever the necklace is, and wherever it came from, it was lovely, and Sophie looked really lovely in it. i'd like to see her wear it again. At Prince Albert's wedding! With the aquamarine tiara.

Yes, please! Her aquamarine tiara is beautiful!

I now I am in the minority here, but I do think Sophie's weddding tiara is fine - not the prettiest, and not the ugliest. If its base could be "enhanced" with some more diamonds, it would make an interesting piece.

I also think the necklace could potentially now be on permanent loan to her, just like the Boucheron tiara is to Camilla. It is possible that Sophie has had this neckace for some time now and we have not seen it as she is often left out of the pictures of state banquets.

I thought her wedding tiara waas lovely suited the gown she looked very nice.

Sophie's tiara is fine. She needs a hairdresser.

Sophie's tiara is fine. She needs a hairdresser.

i agree she needed a hairdresser on Victoria's concert night, but at the Wedding, i thought her hair looked really good.

I think she has unfortunate hair but does the best she can with it IMO that is as good as it gets.

I don't mind Sophie's wedding tiara, it does need a base of diamonds but I think it fits her personality. It is better than P Mary's wedding tiara, and she's a Crown Princess.

Sophies aquamarines are stunning, I also hope to see them soon.

The necklaces are so similar....maybe the Queen had 2!(hehe)

What I simply do not understand - if they take such important historical pieces to make out a new tiara - why for heavens sake did they not build the new tiara in a more sophisticated way. It looks like if a child has put those together on a wire.....

She seems to have a difficult time concealing the comb part.

I think she has unfortunate hair but does the best she can with it IMO that is as good as it gets.

Don't be ridiculous. Hairdress can do wonders. She seems to lack one. Just looks like a mess she does herself.

Sophie's wedding tiara is horrible, I like the aquamarine tiara/necklace much better. Mary's ruby parure tiara is much, much better.

Actually Countess I was attempting to say that Sophie no matter how hard a hairdresser may try Sophie has horrible hair was I too subtle for you? I will try and state the obvious next time ....

I now I am in the minority here, but I do think Sophie's weddding tiara is fine - not the prettiest, and not the ugliest.

Then I'm in the minority too.;) It looks pretty, a bit medieval, but that's exactly the charm of this piece IMO. I also want to thank you all for providing precious info about the necklace she wore at Victoria's wedding. I liked it a lot. Her earrings were nice too. :flowers:

I think Sophie may have hair like mine, lots of it but very fine. When worn down no amount of hairspray etc can keep it looking good if there is a bit of breeze. About the aquamarine tiara and the necklace already discussed, the BRF have a large "pool" of jewelry which is not always seen on public occasions. It could be that the tiara is from this.

For anyone interested in tiaras there is a brilliant book by Geofrey Munn called" Tiaras a history of splendour" . :)

Actually Countess I was attempting to say that Sophie no matter how hard a hairdresser may try Sophie has horrible hair was I too subtle for you? I will try and state the obvious next time ....

Nonsense. People with baby fine hair can have hairdos that work well for them. I have baby fine hair, but always have a good hairdresser. I am sure the very best are available to her.

Sophie's wedding tiara is horrible, I like the aquamarine tiara/necklace much better. Mary's ruby parure tiara is much, much better.
I wasn't referring to her ruby parure!:flowers: Which I agree is superb, but her wedding tiara which is a little small IMO!

I wasn't referring to her ruby parure!:flowers: Which I agree is superb, but her wedding tiara which is a little small IMO!

My apologies I read your post too fast and misunderstood.:flowers:

I think the wedding tiara is not small, given Sophie's relative position in the BRF. As previously pointed out, her tiara has a lot more bling that the one that Princess Mary of Denmark has. Again as previously posted, a base would make Sophie's tiara much more substantial.

What I simply do not understand - if they take such important historical pieces to make out a new tiara - why for heavens sake did they not build the new tiara in a more sophisticated way. It looks like if a child has put those together on a wire.....

Such a relief that someone also sees the tiara this way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom