Old 07-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

She's wears hers wedding tiara
pic1
pic2
you can see close up of the jewellery on post #292

Old 07-29-2011, 07:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

I had not noticed the jewellery on the hat she wore in Monaco, it's beautiful. I love the brooch she wore with the dress too. I have fallen in love with that entire outfit and now want to own the dress and hat, even if I am 25 odd years younger than her! I reckon it's an outfit someone young could pull off! It was just beautiful.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Totally agree with you , Molly
Old 09-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Sophie needs more tiaras!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I really like the tiara with the large aquamarine stone. I would like to see her with another tiara that suits her and have her wedding tiara returned to the Royal Vault. I just don't like those three jeweled triangles standing on a wire frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Sophie needs more tiaras!
Old 09-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I really like the tiara with the large aquamarine stone. I would like to see her with another tiara that suits her and have her wedding tiara returned to the Royal Vault. I just don't like those three jeweled triangles standing on a wire frame.
What does that tiara look like?

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
What does that tiara look like?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-34sk-uW9vK...s/s1600/24.jpg
Old 09-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Majesty

Thank you so much. What a lovely piece of jewelry.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Sophie's Wedding Tiara
Old 10-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Majesty

I love the simplicity and versatility of Sophie's jewels. Thanks for sharing the information.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Very good blog, but not a very good tiara. Sigh. I wish the queen would lend her another royal tiara, but there seems no hope.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Serene Highness

Sophie's wedding tiara is horrible. Bleah!
Old 10-13-2011, 11:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I much prefer the aquamarine convertible tiara/necklace. It looks beautiful with Sophie's skin and eyes and sits better on her head. No matter how much Sophie tries to hide the wire frame on the wedding tiara, it always looks like three jeweled triangles stuck on a wire.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Sophie's wedding tiara always looks like she has antlers!
My favorite of hers is the aquamarine tiara/neklace!
Old 10-14-2011, 04:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
No matter how much Sophie tries to hide the wire frame on the wedding tiara, it always looks like three jeweled triangles stuck on a wire.
Which is what it really is!

Perhaps she can put a row of pearls on the base of the tiara, just as Princess Mary of Denmark has done, to cover the wire and give the tiara some additional height.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Very good blog, but not a very good tiara. Sigh. I wish the queen would lend her another royal tiara, but there seems no hope.
I have to agree on this one. With all the tiaras and jewels in the Windsor vault, one would think that the wedding tiara would either be replaced or remodelled to form a more elegant and fashionable piece. The tiara with the large aquamarine in the centre does of course look much better on Sophie.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for this! Sophie doesn't wear grand pieces in general, but I find her choices elegant and delicate most of the times.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Serene Highness

I LOVE Sophie's wedding tiara - its so delicate, so beautiful. It went so well with her veil. The tiara looks light, too - not heavy and overwhelming. Perfect for someone like her who had such delicate features on her wedding day. Not that they have changed, of course. :-)

That's what I think.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I really did love her wedding tiara.Very simple.I bet she spared herself a headache if she wore a bigger tiara on her wedding day!
Old 10-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I quite like Sophie's wedding tiara, but the aquamarine one is definitely beautiful. The diamonds on her wedding diara are stunning but it could be set different, though I am not sure how that could be achieved, or if it even could be. It looks better now that she can wear her hair up with it as opposed to her shorter hair.

I too wish Sophie could wear other tiaras but she is the wife of the youngest son of a Monarch, I don't imagine she'll get much more. I find that annoying though as she is the senior female who the Queen sends to represent her at so many occasions, you'd think one would provide her daughter-in-law with something beautiful. Meh. We just have to make do, as does Sophie, which I think she does beautifully. She's a beautiful woman, she doesn't need diamonds to look better!

I was just wondering, does Sophie own her wedding tiara? Or is it just borrowed? If she owns it does it mean Louise will receive it? I am a bit jealous of Louise as she'll likely inherit Sophie's engagement ring which is to die for.

Tags
countess of wessex, jewellery, sophie, sophie countess of wessex