Anne, Princess Royal Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always thought Zara might wear this ring some day, to no avail.

No I don't unfortunately. I will try and link to the website...

Here is the cropped photo from Getty Images of the unknown jewels of the Princess Royal from the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge's wedding.

Attachments

• 113276667.jpg
    113276667.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 777
I'm speculating that they're sapphires to match her gown; hard to tell.

question... Ive see the princess royal wearing the cartier halo tiara when she was younger, does that mean it belongs in some way to the princess royal?

It belongs to her mother who probably just loaned it to her daughter as a starter tiara just as it has now been loaned to the Duchess of Cambridge.

Princess Anne Jewellery

I don't know if there's a thread for Princess Anne yet or not. I also don't know how to post photographs. There's a pair of gold stud earrings that I see her wearing in a lot of pictures that look like she's had for a long time. I also like the chandeliers that she wears to receptions and banquets. That's one benefit to having her hair up all the time; you see what she's wearing on her ears!

Yes, that is indeed a beauty. What a huge stone with such beautiful color to it.

Thank you for that picture but I would love a closer look. Almost blinded by HM emeralds

brooch

It is a brooch she has had for many years - I think it is a Grima piece.

A wedding gift from her mother The Queen was an 18 carat gold stalactite brooch set with brilliant cut diamonds

It is a brooch she has had for many years - I think it is a Grima piece.

The brooch certainly does use Grima's techniques. I believe their shop held a royal warrant when Anne was a teenager (not sure, tho).

If you go to this website below showcasing items wrought for royalty(not just BRF). Scroll down until you can see where the Princess Royal's photo is also on that page. grima royal jewelry - Bing Images

The brooch certainly does use Grima's techniques. I believe their shop held a royal warrant when Anne was a teenager (not sure, tho).

If you go to this website below showcasing items wrought for royalty(not just BRF). Scroll down until you can see where the Princess Royal's photo is also on that page. grima royal jewelry - Bing Images
Thanks Kitty Atlanta! I had no idea about the Grima style and am thrilled to find out I have several pieces in the personal collection in the style of Grima! I do learn a lot here at the forums.

I like Princess Anne's Aquamarine Pine Flower Tiara.
I like how the diamonds and aquamarines are arranged in a pine cone motif. :rainbow:

The Queen & Princess Anne both wore aquamarine jewelry.

Could it be Philp likes the stone or it has some significance to Philip so both wore aquamarine jewelry to celebrate his birthday?

Aquamarine is known as universal symbol of youth, hope and health.

I received a pearl necklace when I was 18 and never wear it. I have also an old diamond brooch. I will do as Princess Anne, I will shorten my necklace and will hang the brooch as pendent! Well done

I received a pearl necklace when I was 18 and never wear it. I have also an old diamond brooch. I will do as Princess Anne, I will shorten my necklace and will hang the brooch as pendent! Well done

I think that's a superb idea and a very clever way to wear two old items and turn them into a modern masterpiece! If you have enough pearls left over from shortening the necklace, you might get a pair of earrings or a bracelet too!

Love the brooch and the pearl and added brooch idea. Thank you Camilla for the symbolism of the aquas, what a lovely idea.
If only Anne's suit wasn't so baggy and she replaced the black shoes and navy gloves with a lighter color...but sorry that is for another thread

Love the brooch and the pearl and added brooch idea. Thank you Camilla for the symbolism of the aquas, what a lovely idea.
If only Anne's suit wasn't so baggy and she replaced the black shoes and navy gloves with a lighter color...but sorry that is for another thread

Well, her mother does the black glove/shoes/bag thing all the time and we all think that's OK. To me this is imitation and flattery...

That's a great way to recycle pieces into a new look; that diamond brooch sounds like it would make a lovely pearl enhancer.

Back
Top Bottom