Signing In Problems

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

konan

Gentry

Lately the forum doesn't remember my login name, so I have to login for every picture I want to see. Can anybody help me with this irritant problem?

You just have to select the "remember me" little box, when logging in.

konan said:
If I knew why I didn't have to ask about it

Hi Konan
Are your 'cookies' enabled? I had the same problem a while ago and somehow I had cleared all cookies and set the computer to reject them in future.
Sorry in advance if you know all about cookies and have already checked.:)

Now everytime I click on a thread or every couple of threads, I have to sign-in again. This has never happened to me before and I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do to fix it. Thanks for help in advance. :)

soCal girl said:
Now everytime I click on a thread or every couple of threads, I have to sign-in again. This has never happened to me before and I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do to fix it. Thanks for help in advance. :)

That happens quite often with me, especially when I am using public computer in Internet cafés. I don't have that problem with my home computer. Anyway... the best I can advise you is to have patience and sign-in again as often as it requires! :eek:

soCal girl said:

Have you tried checking the box 'Remember Me.' That helps me. But, do that only on your laptop/PC and not on a Public computer.

when I was away from home for 2 months, I could not sign in at all from another computer!

The "Remember Me" sign is always checked on my home computer. My computer seems to be fine now. I guess it was just for a couple of days it started to go wacky. :eek:

Sign in

I also have to sign in repeatedly when I change threads. I have checked the box to "remember me" but much of the time it doesn't "take" my password so I end up signing in numerous times per visit. :eek:

Many forums have this problem. The problem is the cookie from this site on your hard drive that remembers who you are. Sometimes they do not 'Write' correctly to the Hard drive and cause problems. If it happens again this is what you do;
Go to My Computer then; Settings; Control Panel and Internet Options, Clear out your Temp Internet Files folder then close that screen. Next Go to My Computer; C Drive; Yellow 'Windows' Folder; Yellow 'Temporary Internet files' Folder. The Problem cookie is in this folder. Manually delete the cookies in this folder and then come back here, Log In selecting 'Remember Me' and that is your problem solved.

soCal girl said:
It also have happened with me, I still can enjoy reading the posts but unfortunately some photos don't show up without sign up. Then I have to sign up couple of times to keep enjoy the photos or to post a message.

Well, see if the steps Carlos suggested in the previous post are any help in stopping this multiple-sign-in problem.

I had a problem signing up today, which is rare because I only access the forum from home, I have done all the things that everybody suggested here so the problem is not there...
Also I got a problem when I reply to threads, it says like this:

: Unknown(./includes/vba_cmps_plugin_newpost.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /includes/functions_newpost.php(477) : eval()'d code on line 1
Fatal error: (null)(): Failed opening required './includes/vba_cmps_plugin_newpost.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/royal/public_html/forums/includes/functions_newpost.php(477) : eval()'d code on line 1

What time was that? Andy had the forum switched off for a few minutes about an hour ago. Could it have been something to do with that?

It was like 10 minutes ago and happened again when I was writing this reply, it goes through but I still get the error message

Well, Andy's posted something about problems with replies, if you look at the Announcement section. He's going to get a software guy to look at things tomorrow.

Do you mean that you had a second problem signing in? Cos the first time must have been more than 10 minutes earlier than your post (my previous post was 20 minutes before your last post).

I didn't have a problem singing-in when I came back, but I still got that reply error message ;)
And I just read Andy's message, thanks for all the hard work at TRF!:punk:

I just had the same thing happen about 45 minutes ago. After I got on, I made a reply and the error message showed up but the reply did post. I have not yet tried another response.....until I press

...and the same thing happened again...

Last edited:
We know there's a problem with posting, but even when you get the error message your post should appear.

Andy (the owner) was installing some updates to the software last night and something obviously didn't work properly. He says his software expert will be coming over to have a look sometime today.

Andy posted a thread in the Announcement section to warn people about this:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f14/problems-posting-please-read-10689.html

Back
Top Bottom