Queen Silvia's 70th Birthday: December 23, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh how I wish SH would just keep her mouth shut when the media is around...what is wrong with this person? Courting the media will not win you friends in the long run but make enemies, she knows nothing about being a royal that is for sure. Please go away and find another rich man...............

Sofia said nothing but kind words about the Queen. Nothing wrong with that.

Oh how I wish SH would just keep her mouth shut when the media is around...what is wrong with this person? Courting the media will not win you friends in the long run but make ennemies, ....

Yes it sounds a bad idea from Sofia, potentially putting the Queen in a difficult situation on her birthday!! She seems to have a poor education.

Sofia said nothing but kind words about the Queen. Nothing wrong with that.

Sometimes it's best to say nothing and politely decline any comment, no matter how kind the words are. Discretion is the key word here, something that Sofia did not learn so far.

According to Lindwall, Peter Jöback , Karl Dyall, Rennie Mirro and John Lundvik sang "She is a Lady" to the queen.
Tomas Ledin took the queen to the stage.
Lindwall tells that he has got the information that there will be a dinner for the queen at the theatre after the concert.

Aftonbladet has a video of the royals arriving "Here princess Madeleine shows her baby belly"
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article18057069.ab
As customary the royal family arrived last of all guests for tonight's show at the Oscar Theatre. Just before them, however, Sofia Hellqvist, Prince Carl Philip's girlfriend, made ​​her entrance on the red carpet rolled out outside the theater.
In a sparkling blue gown, studded with sequins, she stepped alone out of a dark car. Then she took the opportunity to both wave politely and answer journalists' questions.
- There are so many amazing artists, I think it will be a great show. I hope all is well, Sofia Hellqvist told to Aftonbladet .

A short while later an older car came and the rest of the royal family stepped out. Princess Madeleine, wearing a deep blue full-length dress, came quickly up to the Oscar Theatre's massive wooden doors flanked by Chris O'Neill. The cold that plagued her in recent days seemed blown away when she waved to the gathered press the call-up. But most people's focus was probably a couple of inches down . The princess , who is expecting a baby in early March , made no attempt to hide her round belly.
Both the King and Queen, Prince Carl Philip and the Crown Princess Couple hurried then quickly into the theater .

Last edited:
Sometimes it's best to say nothing and politely decline any comment, no matter how kind the words are. Discretion is the key word here, something that Sofia did not learn so far.

There were several guest who said a little something before entering the theatre, Sofia did nothing wrong and it was very nice words towards the Queen. It was totally harmless and very nice.

Fully agree!

Lindwall reports:
Olof Stenhammar gives how 55 million SEK (6,2 million euros) which companies and business people have donated to the new foundation.
Silvia is very moved:
Thank you so, so much. I promise that this money will help the children.
I am so deeply moved. I will never forget this evening,

And it ends with Lena Philipsson and Dancing Queen.

if she (Sofia) was asked to say a fews things on camera and would have declined, people would suspect ulterior motives too
the girl is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't

The concert END with Dancing Queen of course :) :flowers:
I can't wait to see the concert in Monday December 23rd ♫♫♫
Queen Silvia was magnificent and probably very move of the big big donation from Olof Stenhammar (55 million SEK for Queen Silvia's foundation) :flowers:

if she (Sofia) was asked to say a fews things on camera and would have declined, people would suspect ulterior motives too
the girl is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't

She could just have said when she was walking: "I'm sure it will be a great evening", and not stopped to talk with the reporters.

A bad quality video from the arrival from Expressen
http://www.expressen.se/tv/nyheter/primetime/har-firas-drottning-silvia-pa-oscarsteatern-1/

Johan T Lindwall told at Expressen's studio that Peter Jöback sang "Phantom of the Opera". Lindwall told that he has seen it on Broadway over 30 times, it is his "secret" hobby.
Lindwall said that this evening wasn't as personal and intimate as the king's concert in September, this was more about the queen as a business woman. According to Lindwall Madeleine and Chris are having dinner tomorrow evening with their friends, they go to restaurant Strandvägen 1 (the rest of the royal family attends at the Swedish Academy's formal gathering). Lindwall thought that Victoria had a beautiful and funny dress. And Sofia was in a very good mood. Since the royal family sat on their own box, Lindwall didn't see them during the concert.

Last edited:
:previous:See the thing with Sofia is that the girl simply cannot refuse a microphone. If there is a microphine around, she is there.
None of the royal girlfriends/boyfriends (and not only in Sweden, also in other monarchies) ever talked to the press as much as she did and does. And noone thinks of them as arrogant.

Last edited:
70! Are you kidding?!?!? Queen Silvia looks FABULOUS! What a wonderful evening and 55 Million SEK, that is one great start to the charity and her birthday.

I thought everyone looked great and very happy to help Queen Silvia celebrate her birthday.

Too bad that some have decided to use Sofia's very kind and gracious remarks against her. I guess just by her breathing she's doing something wrong.

Queen Silvia is so effortlessly beautiful and very youthful. I wouldn't have guessed that she turns 70.

None of the royal girlfriends/boyfriends (and not only in Sweden, also in other monarchies) ever talked to the press as much as did and does. And thinks of them as arrogant.

When our Princess Marie talked to the press while she and Joachim were still just dating, they actually broke up for a while because it was considered such a major faux pas. And when they then got back together, Marie stayed far away from the press. But I guess that the SRF doesn't have a problem with Sofia talking to the press. If they had, I'm sure they would have told her by now.

Huge HQ photos, Kjell Arne Totland's blog
Madde i mammagalla feiret mamma Silvia! Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland

The queen's godson Fredrik von Esch with actress Cecilia Forss
http://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/fot...FDC9716EE78D06CA8576C687A60A7C603D32AB&sz=800

Several business big shots, with, among others OMX founder Olof Stenhammar and Askus founder Mats Dellham the tip, bet big before the Queen Silvia's birthday. Since the summer, they collected about 56 million crowns from different companies and business leaders.
The reason for this initiative is to start a new foundation in the Queen's name, "Queen Silvia's foundation - Care about the children". The foundation will be able to provide financial assistance to Swedish and international projects that focus on providing needy children including education and better health care.
- I do not think you would get such a positive response to a collection of some other person in Sweden. When it comes to working with underprivileged children, she is a real authority, who also is widely known outside of Sweden, says Olof Stenhammar.
13 ambassadors were the first to donate, including Ingvar Kamprad and HM-CEO Stefan Persson. But several big shots, like Volvo chief Olof Persson, Bonnier's chairman Carl-Johan Bonnier are among the largest donors. Even companies like Postkodslotteriet and over a thousand people from the public have donated money.
Okända presenten till drottning Silvia Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

Höggravida prinsessan Madeleine visar upp babybulan Stoppa Pressarna

Last edited:
Dman: This comment that I am posting is from another poster who puts it nicely what SH has yet to learn,
*****Sometimes it's best to say nothing and politely decline any comment, no matter how kind the words are. Discretion is the key word here, something that Sofia did not learn so far*****,

SH needs and should be more discreet, and the real way to say it, keep the mouth shut and go about your busy and don't invite the media into your life and become a reality star showing the whole world that you are dating/sleeping/dining/vacationing with a prince. This is a royal family that has been around hundreds of years, this is not the KKK's or Kayne West here in America, this is not a reality show for all to see. Yes this person is showing her true character and it's not pretty.

The queen's brother Ralf Sommerlath with his wife, his son Thomas and in the background Patrick and Maline Sommerlath.
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/gallery/gasterna-pa-oscarsteatern/patrick.jpg

The whole gallery
Bildextra – se gästerna som firade drottningen på Oscarsteatern Svensk Damtidning

Gallery from PurePeople
Madeleine de Suède, enceinte, et Victoria Divines pour les 70 ans de la reine

More huge HQ photos from Kjell Arne Totland's blog: "Sisters and best friends"
Madde & Victoria – søstre & bestevenninner! Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland

Last edited:
All the royal ladies looked stunning; Madeleine in particular looked radiant.

secret party tonight for Queen Silvia ...everything prepare by her hasband the King CG ♥ :heartflower:
Hemlig fest för Silvia | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

translation>
Secret party for Silvia
Celebrated with 180 guests from around the world

Photo: STEFAN Jerrevång
1/3
The evening celebrated Queen Silvia with a private party for friends and family at the Royal Palace. Party with 180 guests have been one of secrecy for a long time.
- The King has been very dedicated and organized the whole thing, says Ingemar Thorell, musicians at the party.

Daniel Thorell, Ingemar Thorell and Sofia Geidvik have received the glorious mission to entertain the royal family.
Daniel Thorell, Ingemar Thorell and Sofia Geidvik have received the glorious mission to entertain the royal family.
Photo: STEFAN Jerrevång
FACTS
As celebrated Queen
December 18. Reception for Queen and Princess Sibylla's apartments.
Guests at the reception were representatives from parliament and government, the city of Stockholm, the authorities, the Royal Academies and other organizations. Speaker Per Westerberg and Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt presented a gift from the Swedish parliament and the Swedish Government, a lamp in brass from Skultuna.
December 19. Tribute Concert at the Oscars Theatre in Stockholm. Lill Lindfors was the MC and those that occurred were Lena Phillips, Tomas Ledin, Peter Jöback, Hanna Lindblad, Rennie Mirro, Karl Dyall, John Lundvik, Simone Moreno, Poplabbet, BASE23 and the Junior Academy.
The show is broadcast in BBC1 at 20.00 on Monday 23 December.
December 20. Secret party with friends and family at the Royal Palace.
On December 23, celebrating the Queen's birthday in private with the family at Drottningholm Palace.
Source: Kungahuset.se
Relatives and friends from around the world gather in the evening at the Royal Palace to celebrate Queen Silvia's 70th birthday. The Queen Silvia collusive arrangement begins with live music and sing and then continued with dinner in the castle's dining room. No fewer than 180 guests will listen to the 40-minute long performance ended with the crowd marching out of the room to the dining room to the King's song choice.
Piano teacher safe for the family
The musicians Ingemar Thorell, Daniel Thorell, Bo-Gustaf Thorell and Sofia Geidvik've got the glorious mission to entertain the royal family. And it was just they are not accidental. Ingemar Thorell was Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine's piano teacher in the whole twelve semesters and know the children well. The royal family has previously visited him at his house on the west coast.
- I think that they feel safe with me privately because I played for the family previously, he says.
According to him, both princesses musically talented and plays the piano well.
- Bernadottes have artistic talent, he says.
Even Prince Carl Philip has had Ingemar Thorell as a music teacher, but then the guitar. The prince was a kid when he took lessons and was not as durable as their sisters Victoria and Madeleine, but stopped after a few semesters.
Gala Dressed in playback
Playing with and for the royal family has Ingemar Thorell done many times before.
- I remember especially the first julavslutningen 1989. Then we would play and when the King and Queen came to listen to Princess Victoria's waltz was the galauppklädda. I thought gee this really takes the show seriously, but it turned out that they were going on to the banquette, says Ingemar Thorell and laughs.
He previously worked at Carlsson's school where Princess Madeleine sang in the choir and played bass in the school's Pop Orchestra.
- There was a girl band that was really good and they played on the terminations, he says.
Vaggvisa to Estelle
Ingemar Thorell has previously written music dedicated to the royal family. Prior to Victoria and Daniel's wedding, he wrote bridal march and to Princess Estelle, he has written the music for the lullaby "Whatever you around the world carry." According to him, do not know the queen or royal children that it is he who will perform during the evening party but believe they will all be very happy to see him again.
- I'm not sure if Estelle is in the evening but the others come after all and I think all the kids and the Queen will be very glad to see me again, he says.
King desired music
At tonight's appearance, the King desired songs Gärdeby MARCHING TUNE and That's what friends are for.
Besides, they offer a diverse repertoire, including two self-written songs, an Abba medley, The girl from Ipanema and Silent night.
- In The Girl from Ipanema, I will sing in Portuguese and hopes that they think it should sound okay, says Sofia Geidevik.
In Silent night, one of the verses to be performed in Swedish, one in English and one in German.
- It's an international audience and in this song, we hope to get everyone to sing along, she says.
Hoping for a relaxed atmosphere
Despite the large number of guests hoping Ingemar Thorell and Sofia Geidevik in a relaxed and familiar atmosphere during the evening. The gift of them to the Queen get a shirt from Leksand IF with the queen's name, and the numbers 2013 on the back.
- I will cry out to Daniel 'What is Sweden's best hockey team?'. And when he responds AIK should I cry Leksand and hand over the shirt to the Queen, says Ingemar Thorell.
Gaget as they get to donate the Queen's organization, the World Childhood Foundation.
Got 56 million in gift
Yesterday was hailed Queen Silvia at the Oscars Theatre in Stockholm, where among other artists Tomas Ledin, Lena Phillips, Peter Jöback and Karl Dyall occurred. When the concert was handed a gift of 56 million crowns from industry is going into a new foundation for underprivileged children, reports Dagens Industri .
According OMX founder Olof Stenhammar, who has led the collection committee, it has been made in three months, which may be new donation record in Swedish business.
- I do not think you would get such a positive response to a collection of some other person in Sweden. When it comes to working with underprivileged children, she is a real authority, who also is widely known outside of Sweden, says Olof Stenhammar to Dagens Industri.
Foundation named Queen Silvia's foundation - Care about the children, will support both Swedish and international projects that give needy children a good education, health and social care.

[edit]

Lyrics of the song - The Girl From Ipanema aww :aww::rose:
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/frank+sinatra/girl+from+ipanema+the_10121534.html

Last edited:
But I guess that the SRF doesn't have a problem with Sofia talking to the press. If they had, I'm sure they would have told her by now.

I feel convinced that the last thing the SRF wants, is Sofia talking to the press! This is the worst she did, far worse than just trying to attract attention on her, as she did earlier.

As someone said very adequately, if she was invited to speak she could just have said something neutral about the evening.
Allowing herself to speak about the queen to her own advantage(!!), and even engaging her on her attitude towards her, is a major error.
We will not know about their internal reactions, but honestly my guess is that there will be behind closed doors.:ermm:

Everyone accepts she is breathing, but preferably discretely... Sorry for these words. In fact I had in mind :
I guess just by her breathing she's doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Everyone accepts she is breathing, but preferably discretely...

I'm sorry, but the level of disdain shown on this forum towards Sofia is mind-blowing.
I don't know Q.Silvia personally, but she seems a very warm and loving person and i think *she* would never use words like these about another person, no matter what crimes they committed

Can't we all, in honor of Q.Silvia's birthday, be respectful of others?

Back
Top Bottom