Aftonbladet writes about Roger Lundgren's book "Drottning Silvia - en jubileumsbok"
The queen lives in a life in the public eye and where the queen goes she meets the cameras.
- You never get used to when being photographed, it is a very special situation, especially nowadays, when people have camera in their phone. When the king and I were on the county visits, we were greeted daily by a sea of mobile phones that were against us. It looks very odd, the Queen says in the book.
For Roger Lundgren the Queen has also talked about her private life.
- We also wanted to try to illustrate how her day looks, the royal family does not have much free time, most of their evenings are fully booked with dinners and gatherings. And for them it is important to take time off when they are off duty, says Roger Lundgren.
The Queen tells that she relaxes in Drottningholm, she likes to exercise, she swims, walks and cycles in Drottningholm Park. But even reading, gardening and - Princess Estelle - are things she likes to spend her spare time.
- I really like being with my family, my siblings and my friends. But even the Christian faith has always meant a lot to me. From that I find the strength and support, says Queen Silvia in the book.
A hobby which the Queen shares with her husband the King is to visit flea markets during the summer. There, the royal couple found items into boxes at flea markets in Öland and elsewhere in Sweden.
- It is really fun, and we have done many fun finds over the years. Among other things, we bought a clock that goes backwards, that we have at Kaffeetorpet in Solliden. That makes the visitor very confused.
Silvia Jag kopplar av med loppis Nyheter Aftonbladet
From the book, people telling about the Queen
King Carl XVI Gustaf:
- I am very proud of the Queen. She has done, and does, great efforts for Sweden, but she is also an important voice in the world on the issues she is passionate about. She has an incredible motivation , broad knowledge and a deep commitment, that impresses many people.
Queen Rania of Jordan:
- The Queen is a role model to many by showing how one can channel passion into action, and with respect, intelligence and judgment, her work on the global stage has created safety and dignity for so many of the world's most vulnerable people.
Princess Benedikte of Denmark:
- She is not only photogenic pretty, she has a very big heart, sees her fellow person straight in the eye and is good at reading people and situations. Even for King Carl Gustaf the queen is hugely important. She is his great support in life, and I know that he was very happy and grateful at the way the Swedish people embraced his young brid .
Alice Trolle Wachtmeister, Countess and Mistress of the Robes:
- The Queen is extremely strong. When we've been on a visit and met people who suffer in different ways, I have repeatedly been forced to leave the room because it has become too hard for me. But the Queen will always remain. She has a very nice gift in being able to support their fellow human beings, yes, to see other people.
Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, former director of the press department at court:
- She is intelligent and has a strong charisma and charm and knows how to "coax" with possibly reluctant people. Her commitment for charities isgenuine, not superficial, and she really wants to use her position to do good.
Carl-Henric Svanberg, chairman of British petroleum and Volvo:
- After more than forty years of traveling around the world, in a professional capacity as well as privately, I can only conclude that few, if any, represents her country as well as our queen. Sweden has a strong brand in the world, and the Queen has a big part in this.
”Drottning Silvia stöttade i sorgen” Nyheter Aftonbladet