Queen Silvia's 70th Birthday: December 23, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone read the new book yet? I am in the States and cannot get it but I am interested to hear about it! :)

This week's Svensk Damtidning (paper version) has a 24-page special attachment of queen Silvia
Our beloved Queen
The youngest 70-year-old in the world
The cover
SDT1350_

Last edited:
This week's Svensk Damtidning (paper version) has a 24-page special attachment of queen Silvia
Our beloved Queen
The youngest 70-year-old in the world
The cover
SDT1350_

Well, often headlines are exaggerated, but imo this one is spot on, she looks amazing :flowers:

The tickets to the performance/concert at Oscarsteatern on 19th December cost 500 - 1950 SEK (about 55 - 220 euros). Almost all tickets are sold.
The cheapest tickets are for the seats behind pillars just under the ceiling, where you can't see anything.

Has anyone read or looked at the Queen's book yet? I am interest to hear your thoughts. I am in the US and it doesn't ship here :(

I am on my phone so I can't post the links but Kungahuset has posted new pictures and an interview for the Queens Birthday.

The photos are pure perfection. They'll go straight to my list of favourite royal portraits.

Last edited:
Queen Silvia is a beautiful woman, and these photos do not do her justice in my opinion. They are much too dark and show nothing of her personality.

Would anyone like to translate the video? It is a large task but I would love to hear her responses... I am getting my swedish learning supplies soon so I hope I will be able to stop asking for translations soon (within a few years probably).

Would anyone like to translate the video? It is a large task but I would love to hear her responses... I am getting my swedish learning supplies soon so I hope I will be able to stop asking for translations soon (within a few years probably).

:previous:
here is some translation from Svenskadam Google Translate

I so agree with LF, the lighting is all wrong in the pictures, It hides half her face and is to dark, this does not look great for a royal birthday picture. QS is a very beautiful woman and this makes her look cold and old.

I love the pictures, especially love that suit on her. Didn't she wear that at Estelle's christening?

The interview is done very well, "man on the street" questions to the Queen that she watches on her computer and then responds. One question was asked in English and she responds in english. She has a beautiful voice and warm, thoughtful manner.

Last edited:

Here are questions and answers
The Royal Watcher

Madeleine has cold and is resting in bed according to the court, so she and Chris aren't at the photos.
Photos
APA-PictureDesk

Madeleine has cold and is resting in bed according to the court, so she and Chris aren't at the photos.
Photos
APA-PictureDesk

:whistling::whistling::whistling: I am kind of wondering if Madde is too vain to appear in official photos at this stage, looking presumably very big.

http://www.kungahuset.se/kungafamil...tavdrottningen.5.4ea495e313c19c119aadb09.html

I am not too fond of the Queen's picture, the atmosphere is quite distant/cold and Silvia clings at the chair as if she needed it for stabilisation.

Annika Sönnerberg from the court press department told to Expressen that Madeleine is very, very cold and she is resting now so that she could attend at the remaining celebrations. Sönnerberg was asked if Chris is in Sweden, does he have cold too and why didn't he attend today. Sönnerberg said that Chris is in Sweden, he doesn't have cold and that it was the couple's decision that Chris didn't attend at the reception.

Back
Top Bottom