The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 07:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to the Badminton website High Kingdom has passed the inspection.

Zara is to ride in the morning session - 4th last in that session as she was 24th overnight. Only the top 20 will ride in the afternoon session.

Update - she had 8 faults in the showjumping round (fences 2 and 3 down but clear for the rest of the round). She can't finish any lower than 25th as she dropped back on place but with 23 to jump after her a poor round by another rider could see her higher but probably not.

Final result - 23rd (up from 24th after the Cross Country so other riders did drop behind her).

It seems that both horse and rider have now qualified for Rio. That doesn't mean she will be in the team as there will be more than four British riders and horses qualified but that is the first hurdle crossed.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Gentry

So giggling when seeing this! The Tindalls are so charmingly down to earth. Also Autumn P. seems to be a warm hearted Person. Every single picture I ever saw of her shows her offering help to someone.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:24 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Anne looking lovingly at her family's three way kiss.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2697679856.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2698479510.jpg
Old 05-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Now that is a picture that I absolutely adore. Very warm hearted
Old 05-08-2016, 03:50 PM
Majesty

What a cutie! She is well into the "terrible two" I see XD. I've always found it sweet how Autumn really takes care and pay attention to her niece!
Old 05-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Majesty

I love how close this family is. You can tell seeing Mia with her Aunt, Uncle and cousins how close they all are Autumn seems like she was a lot of help to Mike wrangling in his toddler while Zara was riding.

Anne sure has three adorable granddaughters She sure seems to revel in her role as Grandma, and Tim seems just as happy.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Majesty

these are lovely photos of Anne's family.
Mia is tremendous lol. very cute
Old 05-09-2016, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
Anne and Tim, Peter and Autumn and their girls joined Mike and Mia at Badminton on Saturday

Badminton Horse Trials Pictures And Photos | Getty Images
Peter Phillips in that short sleeved red plaid looks like the guy at my local hardware store. I almost missed knowing that was him!
Old 05-10-2016, 01:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall's daughter Mia is the irresistible royal rascal | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-12-2016, 02:08 AM
Majesty

Why Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall's daughter Mia makes you wish she was in charge | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Courtier

The DM needs to make up its mind who it is supporting for the newly minted position of elected monarch (I must admit I missed the announcement of the creation of this position). This article stumping for Mia and Piers Morgan throwing his hat into the ring for Harry.

Although I do admit Mia is a real cutie but looks to be a handful.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:53 AM
Majesty

Mike Tindall opens up about daughter Mia grabbing the Queen's handbag | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-21-2016, 05:27 AM
Administrator

Zara and Mike at the Mike Tindall Celebrity Golf Classic 2016 in Sutton Coldfield yesterday, May 20:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** contactmusic gallery **

** dailymail: What golf? Zara Tindall catches up with a VERY pregnant Natalie Pinkham as her husband Mike.. **
Old 05-21-2016, 05:36 AM
Majesty

I love Mike's comment about his daughter and the portrait. That the little mischevious elf was becoming naughty and Granny told the little girl to hold her purse to try and get her under control Seeing pictures of her with her dad and cousins at Badminton, I have no doubt it was likely hard to get her cooperate too long even for Gan Gan.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Zara cosies up to her husband Mike Tindall at Celebrity Pro-Am challenge | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-05-2016, 03:40 AM
Majesty

Mike Tindall risks family rift as he insists daughter Mia will NOT attend Gordonstoun | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-05-2016, 03:50 AM
Majesty

DM out for drama as always

I highly doubt that Mike would make an unilateral decision without his wife. While Zara went there, he female cousins have not. I don't think it too surprising they would place her in a school nearer to home. As was done with the York girls and Louise. I am sure there are plenty of good schools near Gatcombe.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:33 AM
Royal Highness

Well for starters few people consider boarding school for their kids until secondary school age (11+) anyway and, I'm not 100% sure but i don't think even Zara went to boarding school as young as Mia.

The other massive difference is that Zara was the daughter of a full time working royal and the grand daughter of the Queen, for her boarding school was possibly the best option as it kept her out of the public eye (didn't Sarah get constantly hounded by the press on her way to drop the girls off during her divorce?) and kept her looked after while Anne was off working. Mia will not have such a high profile to protect her from and she has a mother and father who by and large work close to home to be able to do the school run.

If Mike is talking about it to the media I bet he and Zara have already talked about it, and indeed probably already decided on what school Mia is going to for her first few years.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Another piece of clickbait from the Daily Fail, whose journalists are, I'm sure, gnawing their nails to their knuckles worrying about Mia Tindall being sent to Gordonstoun next year! What a ridiculous lot of twaddle. I can imagine that Zara and Mike will probably follow the Wessexes' plan with Louise for Mia and then make up their mind when she's around twelve or so. Some children thrive at boarding school and enjoy it. Others (like Charles) don't. Time enough to decide which Mia is likely to be in another ten years.