Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So that's how she did it! Unusual...

Hahaha, goes to show that punctuation does make a difference :lol:
DM is not really known for it's exact headlines i think ;)

And she's got her own wee jersey too....Too sweet. Daddy's girl w/out a doubt!! :)

That picture is absolutely jaw-dropping adorable. Rugged burly dad holding his precious delicate little doll. It's just so squee-licious!

That picture is absolutely jaw-dropping adorable. Rugged burly dad holding his precious delicate little doll. It's just so squee-licious!

Squee-licious? I have got to remember that one!! Good word and perfect for times like this. :)

Do you think that the retirement might be true? If so I wonder why...

Do you think that the retirement might be true? If so I wonder why...

Age would be a big one - he is 36 this year which is definitely long in the tooth for a professional rugby player (there is an organisation for the over 35s called 'Golden Oldies' which is amateur and a lot of fun but you can't play it until 35 as it is expected that players will have retired by the age of 35)

Skills diminishing - due to age he won't be as productive as he once was and so isn't going to get a playing contract at the level he is used to having

Better and younger players getting the recognition and the big money as a player now

Has had enough of the pounding - he has been playing the game since he was a child and at the highest level since his early 20s - he can't play again for England - that ship has sailed, again due to age and diminishing skills - and even Gloucester only had him on a one year player-coaching contract.

Basically - time to move on - comes to us all and for professional sportsmen and women more likely than not in their 30s if not earlier (Zara of course is different as her professional career can continue for another 30 years is she so desires - yes there have been Olympic Equestrians into their 60s)

What will he do next - coaching I suspect but maybe into the commentary/reporting side of the sport. I suspect the coaching as he has had a couple of years now as a player/coach so he has had 'on-the-job' training in coaching his position while also still playing it.

mia is rather cute. i wonder if a date has been set for the christening? i'd love to see her again and see some good pictures. she looks adorable.

For all we know she may have already been baptised. Wasn't it Savannah where we found out by accident due to some photos appearing a few days later because The Queen and Philip attended the ceremony?

Little Mia looks like she asleep, even though the stadium was probably very noisy.

Now that's a real man. Zara made a good pick.

LaRae

Hmmm, I'm wondering if Princess Anne will now again prevail upon Mike to have his nose fixed if he is indeed retiring. ;)

Last edited:
I had read that PA wanted Mike to fix his nose before the wedding to Zara, but given that he was still playing rugby it didn't pay to do it given he might break it again!

I'm sure Mike thinks that his mother-in-law could do a few things to improve her looks as well. How unkind to essentially say, you're not good-looking enough to suit me, please change your face. I, for one, don't believe that this has been a real issue. This is DM fantasy stuff.

Well, at least he says it was intended as a joke! Hope he leaves it the way it is unless he needs surgery for health reasons. Nose jobs aren't always an improvement over the original.

There's a saying I've always thought to be on target, "Many a true thing is said with a smile." Who knows if PA was joking or not, but she certainly got her point across even if Mike was chuckling about it. ;)

Last edited:
Well, at least he says it was intended as a joke! Hope he leaves it the way it is unless he needs surgery for health reasons. Nose jobs aren't always an improvement over the original.

He has had his nose broken so often over the years that I doubt if anyone remembers what the original looked like.

Do you have a photo of his original nose? The current one has been re-arranged during his career.

Do you have a photo of his original nose? The current one has been re-arranged during his career.

I didn't mean his original pre-rugby nose. I meant that if they faff about with it now, it might look worse. I couldn't seem to find a picture of his younger nose!
Unless this is one:
Zara Philips & Mike Tindall – Favorite Royal Couple

He's an attractive guy, and quite distinctive-looking. Just hope he doesn't wind up with a Michael Jackson type botched job.

I'd really much like a pic of The Queen with all he 4 grand- grandchildren! :)

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall and Family Current events: January 2011-

Some thing similar to one with the Queen, Philip, William,Peter, Zara and Harry where they are all in kilts.

Maybe they will take a photo at Mia christening if one of the Cambridges is a godparent. Although George maybe a bit too fidgety right now. He squiggles when held by his parents. I don't want Philip or the Queen to get kicked in the gut by accident.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom