The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Nobility

If Zara makes the Olympic team for 2008 I wonder if the Queen will travel to China to watch her compete?

Old 03-23-2007, 02:41 AM
Courtier

I seriously doubt it. The security would be a mess and the Queen isn't so young as to be able to travel halfway around the globe for such a visit.

Unless of course they were trying for publicity for the 2012 Games in the UK? Naah.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Nobility

Its nice to see Zara so happy, love is blind because he isn't very attractive.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:31 AM
Courtier

Beauty is in the heart.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Aristocracy

Zara and Mike seen very happy together and the new pics posted show this. It's really nice to see Zara so content.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Aristocracy

I argee with you Suonymona. I can't see the Queen travelling to the Olympics to see Zara compete either. She will be watching her compete on TV thought I'm sure. I think London was granted the Games in 2012 though. The Queen will certainly be there to cheer her granddaugher on there for sure. I'm sure her other family members like her mother, father, Mike and Peter will be there to cheer her on next year!
Old 03-25-2007, 03:12 AM
Administrator

Pics 24.3.2007

Zara Phillips takes part in the show jumping competition at the British Eventing Gatcombe Horse Trials sponsored by Land Rover on March 24, 2007 at Gatcombe Park in Minchinhampton, England

Zara 1
Zara 2
Zara 3
---> Picture gallery
Old 03-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the pictures, Iceflower!
Princess Anne, Mike, Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly were there, to support Zara.

Pictures:
Zara riding Glenbuck (the horse is a realy beauty)
Zara and Princess Anne
Princess Anne, Peter

Princess Anne, Peter, Mike and Autumn
Princess Anne, Peter, Autumn
Mike Tindall
Princess Anne - she helped (and directed) the rebuilding of a cross country fence after a horse crashed into it

Gallery N1 from Isifa
Gallery N2 from Isifa
Gallery N3 from Isifa
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

The horse Zara was riding, Glenbuck, belonged to Zara's friend Sherelle Duke, who died in an accident during riding. Her family wanted Zara to take the horse.

THE GIFT TO ZARA KEEPING A FRIEND'S MEMORY ALIVE

Zara Phillips’s ride for Olympic glory will be helped by a horse given to her by the grieving parents of a friend who died while trying to realise her own medal dreams.
The Queen’s granddaughter was at the Gatcombe Horse Trials yesterday riding Glenbuck – once owned by Sherelle Duke, the close friend who was killed just days before Zara clinched gold at the World Equestrian Games in Germany last August.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Glenbuck is realy beautiful horse.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Sharon Hunt, Oliver Townend, Zara Phillips, Daisy Dick and William Fox-Pitt pose with a Land Rover at The Hurlingham Club on April 02, 2007 in London. Today Land Rover announced its support for the British Olympic Three-Day Eventing team.

Pictures:
Zara Phillips
Zara Phillips 2
Zara, Daisy, William, Sharon and Oliver

Gallery of Pictures from Getty.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Courtier

Talks of a marriage.

Zara and Mike tipped to be next royal bride and groom
Old 04-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Courtier

We ought to have a betting pool on which rumour is up for attention:
1) William getting married
2) Harry getting married
3) Zara getting married
4) Laura getting married
5) {Insert BRF family member here} caught snuggling with commoner/person they are currently not in relationship with
Old 04-10-2007, 07:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
IMHO Zara will marry if & when Zara is ready. She is an independant and rather driven young woman who is as willful as her mother ever was. No-One, be they Queen or journalist will tell (or even suggest) to her what she should do!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
I seriously doubt it. The security would be a mess and the Queen isn't so young as to be able to travel halfway around the globe for such a visit.

Unless of course they were trying for publicity for the 2012 Games in the UK? Naah.
Well the Queen is coming to the US for the Kentucky Derby. Surely watching her grand daughter ride in the Olympics is worth travelling farther. Did the Queen attend when Princess Anne rode in the Olympics? I cant remember.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
Well the Queen is coming to the US for the Kentucky Derby. Surely watching her grand daughter ride in the Olympics is worth travelling farther. Did the Queen attend when Princess Anne rode in the Olympics? I cant remember.
Anne competed in the 1976 Montreal Olympics and the whole family came out to support her. The Queen and Prince Philip and all 3 brothers.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Well Mike is the really Ruby man! Big, big shoulders, strong, high-powered, energetic, but maybe behind all this he is a gentil and he knows how to care for Zara!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Well Mike is the really Ruby man! Big, big shoulders, strong, high-powered, energetic, but maybe behind all this he is a gentil and he knows how to care for Zara!
I'm sure he does. Behind that 'tough' exterior he looks such a nice person.

btw. didn't he once say Princess Anne was a 'legend'? That's what I like to hear, it shows he is down to earth..
Old 04-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
IMHO Zara will marry if & when Zara is ready. She is an independant and rather driven young woman who is as willful as her mother ever was. No-One, be they Queen or journalist will tell (or even suggest) to her what she should do!

That seems so true about Zara. She is a lot like her mother at a similar age. Anne certainly married who she wanted. It looks like Zara will settle down when both her and Mike are ready. They really want to concentrate on their careers now. Marriage surely is not foremost on their minds, one day it probably will be.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1
Anne competed in the 1976 Montreal Olympics and the whole family came out to support her. The Queen and Prince Philip and all 3 brothers.

Well Zara is making history as the only 2nd straight generation of royalty (and I think only the 2nd member of the BRF) to make the olympics in any sport. Hopefully some members of her family will take the trouble to come support her at the pinnacle of her athletic career. Its not as though they have to travel in 'cattle class'!

Closed Thread

Tags
zara phillips