The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 03:11 AM
Heir Apparent

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are very busy in the next few days:
Wednesday, 25th May
  • The Prince of Wales will address the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales at their 125th Anniversary dinner.
Thursday, 26th May
  • The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will meet finalists and attend a reception for the Asian Women of Achievement Awards, The Hilton, Park Lane, London
Saturday, 28th May
  • The Prince of Wales, Patron, Music in Country Churches will attend a concert at The Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Bampton, Oxfordshire.
Wednesday, 1st June
  • The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will celebrate the achievement of the Calendar Girls in raising £1 million for leukaemia research at a reception, Clarence House, London.
  • The Prince of Wales will visit Police College, Bramshill, to dedicate a room to Royal Ulster Constabulary GC, and plant a tree to mark the 400th anniversary of the mansion at Bramshill.
  • Tuesday, 7th June
    • The Prince of Wales will speak at the opening of the fourth Prince of Wales Education Summer School for teachers of English and History, Dartington Hall, Devon.
    • The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will attend the World Premiere of 'Mystic India: An Incredible Journey of Inspiration (2D)' at the Imax Cinema, The Science Museum, London.

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 05-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've been seeing the two of them in the tabloids alot lately. Where do these journalists get these ideas from?

Old 05-27-2005, 07:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Thursday, 26th May
  • The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will meet finalists and attend a reception for the Asian Women of Achievement Awards, The Hilton, Park Lane, London
From Getty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52984768.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	150481   Click image for larger version

Name:	52984782.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	150482   Click image for larger version

Name:	52984795.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	150483   Click image for larger version

Name:	52984833.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	150484  

Name:	52984839.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	150485   Click image for larger version

Name:	52984883.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	150486   Click image for larger version

Name:	52984886.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	150487   Click image for larger version

Name:	52986085.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	150488  

Name:	52986088.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	150489   Click image for larger version

Name:	52986091.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	150490  
Old 05-27-2005, 07:02 AM
Royal Highness

Another of Camilla from Getty.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	52986094.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	150491  
Old 05-27-2005, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks you so much marezdote.Really lovely Duchess!
Old 05-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Some more pics:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	epaphotos352196.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	150571   Click image for larger version

Name:	epaphotos352201.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	150572   Click image for larger version

Name:	epaphotos352202.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	150573   Click image for larger version

Name:	epaphotos352208.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	150574  

Name:	epaphotos352257.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	150575   Click image for larger version

Name:	epaphotos352261.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	150576   Click image for larger version

Name:	epaphotos352263.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	150577  
Old 05-27-2005, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

And some more pics:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	iphotos054317.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	150579   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphotos054318.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	150580   Click image for larger version

Name:	sipaphotos201101.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	150581   Click image for larger version

Name:	sipaphotos201102.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	150582  

Name:	sipaphotos201106.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	150583   Click image for larger version

Name:	sipaphotos201107.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	150584   Click image for larger version

Name:	sipaphotos201109.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	150585   Click image for larger version

Name:	sipaphotos201111.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	150586  

Old 05-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

check it out on Hello magazine articles

Camilla was one of the illustrious guests opting for an East-meets-West look for the Asian Women of Achievement Awards
Photo: © RexNancy Dell'Olio turned heads in an opulent ivory sari topped with an elaborate beaded headdress
Photo: © Rex

27 MAY 2005
The Duchess Of Cornwall nearly stole the show at the Asian Women of Achievement Awards, getting into the spirit of the evening with a whole new style.

Accompanied by the Prince of Wales, Camilla made a stunning entrance at the gala wearing a sari-inspired look: a turquoise silk skirt and blouse with a draped chiffon shawl over one shoulder for distinct Eastern flair.

While the Duchess was unquestionably centre stage in her first appearance at the event, she had plenty of competition in the style stakes from England football coach Sven Goran Eriksson's partner, Nancy Dell'Olio.

Nancy went for all out magnificence in an opulently beaded ivory sari topped with an elaborate headdress by Indian designer Rohit Bal.

The two scene stealers seemed to be taking a page from Cherie Blair, who, as patron of the Asian Women of Achievement Awards, has previously adopted Eastern-influenced outfits for the event. While she sometimes has undergone a dramatic fashion transformation – in 2003 she wore a gold sari complete with a bindi – for Thursday night's event she chose a flowing lilac flowing top and trousers, described by an aide as "East meets West".
Old 05-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent

check it out on telegraph articles about who playing Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall you would read it!

Royal love stories to be retold on TV
By Tom Peterkin, Ireland Correspondent
(Filed: 28/05/2005)

The intricate and intimate liaisons within the Royal Family's social circle are to be featured in a television drama that will recall that the Princess Royal and Andrew Parker Bowles were once lovers.

Laurence Fox and Olivia Poulet, who will play Charles and CamillaThe affair between the heir to the throne's sister and the first husband of his new bride is to be alluded to in the first biopic to give an accurate account of the Prince of Wales's passionate relationship with the Duchess of Cornwall.

The close and complicated romantic ties within the upper-class equestrian set inhabited by the Queen's children in the early 1970s will play a prominent part in Whatever Love Means.

The 120-minute film has drawn on conversations with those who advised the Royal Family at the time and ex-members of the royal household. The script is by William Humble, the acclaimed dramatist whose previous subjects have included Tony Hancock's descent towards suicide and the concert pianist John Ogden's battle with schizophrenia. The title is taken from the words uttered by Prince Charles, when asked if he was in love with the then Lady Diana Spencer on their engagement in 1981.

But it focuses on his life before then and the pressure exerted on him by Prince Philip and his mentor Earl Mountbatten to discard the then Camilla Shand in favour of a virginal bride.

While the Granada production for ITV1 is dominated by Prince Charles's early doomed romance with the woman he finally married this year, it also provides an insight of the pre-marital love lives of other members of the Royal Family.

Although viewers of the £2 million production will be spared royal sex scenes, they will be left in no doubt that Brig Parker Bowles and Princess Anne were an item.

The Princess Royal with Andrew Parker BowlesMr Parker Bowles, who married Camilla in 1973 when Prince Charles was abroad, was described as a "notorious character" by Jolyon Symonds, the producer.

"He had a very good relationship with Camilla, but it certainly had its ups and downs. He allegedly had a relationship with Princess Anne," said Mr Symonds.

One reference to that relationship comes in the opening scene set in Annabel's, the London nightclub. It shows Mr Parker Bowles and Princess Anne flirting, clearly engrossed in each other. They are then interrupted by the entrance of a jealous Camilla.

"She is slightly waspish and slightly sharp with him, which indicates that they have been lovers," said Mr Symonds.

This week at the All Ireland Polo Club, in Dublin's Phoenix Park, Granada recreated the 1970 polo match where Camilla first met Charles and propositioned him by pointing out that her great-grandmother Alice Keppel was the mistress of his great-great-grandfather Edward VII. Camilla is to be played by Olivia Poulet and Prince Charles by Laurence Fox, a member of the Fox acting dynasty.

One of Humble's key scenes is a half-hearted proposal by Prince Charles, which was rejected by Camilla three decades before she agreed to marry him. His offer of marriage was made in the knowledge that the court's social mores forbade him from marrying a woman with a "past" and his realisation that at the time Camilla had no wish to marry the future King of England.

"It is a highly charged love story," said Mr Symonds. "Some of the scenes are just extraordinary. It was so tragic. Camilla was realistic. She knew that she was not suitable and it wasn't going to work. She didn't want to live in a goldfish bowl.

"It is fascinating how the world has changed and now they are married and that's absolutely a good thing."

Directed by David Blair, whose recent television work has included Anna Karenina and Malice Aforethought, the drama aims to be a sensitive and sympathetic recreation of the royal love story.

Granada has told Buckingham Palace about the film, to be screened later this year. Yesterday the Palace refused to comment on its contents.

Publishers wishing to reproduce photographs on this page should phone 44 (0) 207 538 7505 or e-mail syndication@telegraph.co.uk
Old 05-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Heir Apparent

The Prince of Wales visits the Gardens of Highgrove House in Gloucestershire yesterday:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	showcasepix512225.jpg
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	150865   Click image for larger version

Name:	showcasepix512226.jpg
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	150866   Click image for larger version

Name:	showcasepix512227.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	150867   Click image for larger version

Name:	showcasepix512228.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	150868  

Old 05-28-2005, 12:59 AM
Nobility

i wonder if g-o-c-p means those rumours that they had a daughter...
it's from the American magazine, national inquirer(??). i heard that that's a trash magazine. but many newspapers (in my country) have published that story. so many ppl believed that now. it's very irresponsible for those newspapers to do so, imo

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 05-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Administrator

What are we talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
i wonder if g-o-c-p means those rumours that they had a daughter...it's from the American magazine, national inquirer(??). i heard that that's a trash magazine. but many newspapers (in my country) have published that story. so many ppl believed that now. it's very irresponsible for those newspapers to do so, imo
What is this about? What rumours? That Charles and Camilla had/have a daughter? The source of this rumour being the National Enquirer? Then it must be true!
Old 05-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
i wonder if g-o-c-p means those rumours that they had a daughter...
it's from the American magazine, national inquirer(??). i heard that that's a trash magazine. but many newspapers (in my country) have published that story. so many ppl believed that now. it's very irresponsible for those newspapers to do so, imo
The National Inquirer is not a trustworthy source at all. It is notorious for its tabloid reporting and extreme exaggerations of the truth. (I never buy the "where there's smoke there's fire" theory either when it's in connection to this publication.)

In regards to such a story being published in other sources, I think it's a very terrible habit and frankly laziness on the part of these other sources. Instead of actually putting some time into looking into the story to see if it's true or not, other publications are more and more often just re-running stories verbatem or with a few alterations here and there without any consideration for accountability or how their propagation of such a story might affect others, or that there are people gullible enough to believe such stories and pass them on as facts.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Nobility

yes, my dear friends, i know that NI is not trustworthy, but ...i really dont know what to say, many ppl do believe in such rabbish

it's a bit sad :( i tried to explained to other ppl that those reports are false, but few ppl believe me

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 05-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Unfortunately, more and more papers are subscribing to the view that selling more copies is more important than careful checking of their facts and sources.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:12 AM
Royal Highness

Four-Legged Glory for Charles and Camilla

Prince Charles was right on target when he saddled up for a game of polo at the weekend. The heir to the throne proved that, despite his 56 years, he is still a force to be reckoned with when it comes to competitive sport.

With a little help from his favourite mount, Charles scored four goals and led his side to a comfortable victory over the British Airways team at Hurtwood Park. And he wasn't the only one enjoying a little animal magic - his wife Camilla likewise had reason to be proud of one of her four-legged friends.

Since tying the knot with her long-time beau the Duchess of Cornwall has no doubt received many requests to become a patron of different charities. But she may have been surprised to find out that Macmillan Cancer Relief has named Tosca, her eight-year-old Jack Russell, as president of the committee for its annual dog show.

Insiders say the appointment was a light-hearted attempt to bring Camilla herself on board as a patron. How she will respond to the gesture remains to be seen, but it might be best to avoid giving Tosca, who's known to be a little short-tempered at times, too much responsibility. She was originally presented to Charles as a gift, but he had to find her a new home after she got into a fight with another of his canine companions.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	charles-camilla-dop1a.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	151967   Click image for larger version

Name:	charles-camilla-dop2a.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	151968  
Old 05-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Serene Highness

When are they going to adopt a pet together!
Old 05-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

i have to tried post articles and pictures about Prince Charles at polo check it out!

The Sun

Sara Boyce
Old 05-31-2005, 08:19 AM
Aristocracy

Even if Camilla and Charles would have a daughter together, they would've brought her out by now. I don't trust the Inquirer for my stories but I have a couple of friends who work for trustworthy papers and they sometimes give me scoops. Sometimes these papers get their stories from reliable sources but often but the story with a few fibs in it as well.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMary
Even if Camilla and Charles would have a daughter together, they would've brought her out by now. I don't trust the Inquirer for my stories but I have a couple of friends who work for trustworthy papers and they sometimes give me scoops. Sometimes these papers get their stories from reliable sources but often but the story with a few fibs in it as well.
i agree it!

if both wanted more children in 50's that fine! Prince Charles had 2 sons from Princess Diana and Camilla had 2 children from her ex-husband

Sara Boyce

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales