The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's what the papers want people to think. The media likes to stir things up!

He went out with a guy firend for a night out, like loads of married men do

Of course lots of married men go out without their wives. But the DM, knowing that there's no story here, chooses to focus on the fact that Kate wasn't there, knowing people will click on the story to see if he maybe got up to something he shouldn't have. They don't say it outright, but they lead people down that path.

seriously please don't take the daily mail seriously. they call pippa her royal hotness! and make non news out of anything. i think they should be left alone and that the more Kate proves she is welcomed in the family the more the press feel they have to make such "selling" articles. these two have been together for ages. if she had anything to do with harry i'm sure it would have been seen 9 years ago!
I don't understand why the press coverage give so much attention to kate because it mostly makes negative comments on everything other than her fashion sense. it's just empty gossip and prince william is a very solid guy who won't mess around.

The Daily Mail has very much become a parody of itself. I think people are getting wise to their tricks all the time. My point was, there's not much mileage in 'Prince William enjoys a night off with his friends', so they play up the fact that Kate wasn't there to try and get people to click on the article.

seriously please don't take the daily mail seriously. they call pippa her royal hotness! and make non news out of anything. i think they should be left alone and that the more Kate proves she is welcomed in the family the more the press feel they have to make such "selling" articles. these two have been together for ages. if she had anything to do with harry i'm sure it would have been seen 9 years ago!
I don't understand why the press coverage give so much attention to kate because it mostly makes negative comments on everything other than her fashion sense. it's just empty gossip and prince william is a very solid guy who won't mess around.

The commentary on Kate and her family on sites like DM make me wince, and I don't wince at much. I feel like I need a rabies shot every time I go there.

The man went out for a few with his friend last night and probably needed some black coffee and aspirin this morning. I don't see what the big deal is there. It's not like he's out every other night. No surreptitious videos of him chatting up a woman. I doubt he drove under the influence.

And I agree that the press likes to stir things up - it's these rumors and crazy commentary that makes them money. Commentary from the very same people whom I've no doubt leave their spouses every now and again and go and have a few too many with the friends.

So many of those people (doing the commentary) are downright mean!

Makes you wonder what their own lives are like...

I believe it's what the papers want people to think. The media likes to stir things up!
Oh ok see I knew I read it wrong. Yah totally the DM especially is ridiculous with their headlines

I see the Daily Malice is at it again by writing a seemingly innocuous story and opening it up to vituperative and nasty comments that just want to have a field day with Will and Kate's marriage. Naturally, no other married guy in the history of the institution has ever gone out for a night with their friends.:whistling:

Last edited:
I see DM is up to its' usual activity; making a story out of nothing. I don't see anything wrong with William going out with his friends. It doesn't mean that the marriage is about to fall apart. Couples cannot always be together, because it's just not healthy. Spending too much time together can have bad consequences as too much time apart, and I think that William and Catherine are trying to find a balance. Also, William works crazy hours, so I can understand perfectly why he'd want to just stay in and relax when in Wales. It's obvious that he's not a party animal of some sort, and an occasional night out with his male friends is more than acceptable.

For clarification purposes I spoke with the person who took the pix and contrary to what DM is saying these were NOT taken Saturday night but on Friday night instead.

William and Harry will participate in a polo match right after Trooping The Colour tomorrow afternoon. Pictures will be posted once available. Ikonpictures will be there taking the photos

William and Harry will participate in a polo match right after Trooping The Colour tomorrow afternoon. Pictures will be posted once available. Ikonpictures will be there taking the photos

Something else to look forward to :D. I always enjoy William and Harry ride horses. They make it look like art form.

Not sure where this goes as can't find Order of Thistle Thread and sorry if this has already been posted:

Thursday 5th July
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh
accompanied by The Princess Royal and The Countess of Strathearn, will attend a Thistle Service at St Giles’ Cathedral, Edinburgh for the installation of The Prince William, Earl of Strathearn, as a Knight of the Thistle and attend a lunch as guests of the Knights of the Thistle

Taken from Royal.org.uk

cepe said:
Not sure where this goes as can't find Order of Thistle Thread and sorry if this has already been posted:

Thursday 5th July
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh
accompanied by The Princess Royal and The Countess of Strathearn, will attend a Thistle Service at St Giles’ Cathedral, Edinburgh for the installation of The Prince William, Earl of Strathearn, as a Knight of the Thistle and attend a lunch as guests of the Knights of the Thistle

Taken from Royal.org.uk

Did the official website really write "THE Prince William, Earl of Strathearn"? Expect better from royal.gov.uk :whistle:

American Dane said:
Did the official website really write "THE Prince William, Earl of Strathearn"? Expect better from royal.gov.uk :whistle:

He is listed like that because that is his Scottish title, how he is known in Scotland. Just like Catherine is named The Countess. If you mean the THE, that's probably because he is The Earl of Strathearn.

Lumutqueen said:
He is listed like that because that is his Scottish title, how he is known in Scotland. Just like Catherine is named The Countess. If you mean the THE, that's probably because he is The Earl of Strathearn.

Sorry but no, the post specifically stated THE as part of his princely title, not as an Earl. It should have been "Prince William, THE Earl of Strathearn". Catherine isn't listed by her given name hence why she is written as "THE Countess of Strathearn". I am aware of his Scottish title, it was actually my preference for his major title instead of Duke of Cambridge, so please don't assume ignorance on my part.

Last edited:

It's not as if he needs a country pile. William and Catherine are probably glad to be able to use Highgrove and Birkhall as country retreats without having to manage such a household. They surely have enough on their plate as it is! The day will come when William inherits several homes in the countryside anyway, so why bother with that now? If you compare the costs of buying and maintaining a proper country home to going on holiday whereever they want to, of course it makes absolutely no sense to invest in their own place.

It's different for Harry, he will need such a place one day but then there's his father to help him as the queen did for her younger children.

Sorry for the delay in replying. The answer is yes it did. All Royal titles have "The" in front. From today's Court Circular:

"The Queen..........................
The Prince of Wales ...................
"The Duke of York.........."

Standard formal mode of address.

Only the sovereign's children have "The" preceding the name. Princess Anne was The Princess Anne before receiving the title Princess Royal, as her brothers were The Prince ______ before receiving their respective titles. When Charles ascends the throne, Harry, for example, will be The Prince Henry.

Last edited:
Queen Penelope said:
Only the sovereign's children have "The" preceding the name. Princess Anne was The Princess Anne before receiving the title Princess Royal, as her brother were The Prince ______ before receiving their respective titles. When Charles ascends the throne, Harry, for example, will be The Prince Henry.

:previous:
Thank you!! Someone finally understands!

No doubt Buckingham Palace will have to hold an internal inquiry to try and find out how this completely insignificant mistake was made.

Now now EIIR, don't ruin William's day the added The is a big step for him ;)

He's had quite a few promotions lately, what's one more?

Does it have something to do with it being in Scotland? His father is "The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothsay" in Scotland. I know that English practice has evolved so that only the monarch's children have "The" before their names but perhaps the monarchy is reverting to what was Scots practice before the Act of Union to reflect the times? Just a thought.

I would be curious to know the distinction between Mr Samual Chatto and Master Arthur Chatto - both being young boys. I always had heard the cut off age was 18... but perhaps it is younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom