The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Was just about to post that article. In any case, I'd love to read the full story. I'm sure William and Harry have a great deal to share about their grandmother, and their perspective is personal and to me, a lot more interesting than something that would come from a political figure.

In so many ways, it must be difficult to share one's grandmother with the world, and to share her intensely with one's countrymen. It's very hard to face the end of a grandparent's life (at least within close and loving families), and we all like to pretend it will never happen. When one's grandmother is, well, an institution as well - it must seem nigh on impossible that she would one day be gone.

After all, the boys' mother is gone, but their grandmother, the Queen has lived on and been a pillar for them. The two princes are no strangers to grief, and it shows in their words and deeds and their interviews.

Hopefully, they will share more as the years go by, and perhaps contribute to HM's official biography (or something of that sort). I think they'll be glad if they do, and I think it's a new sort of historic role for young royals to take on.

I think it is wonderful that we all have the chance to know what the Queen is like through the words of her grandsons. I think they love her and respect her not just as a grandmother but as someone to look up to for her knowledge and wisdom. It is hard to face the reality that at some point we will bare witness ro the end of this great woman. In the meantime we can get to know the woman who has stayed true to her word of giving her life to the service of her people. She is quite a woman. I cant wait to read more of what the grandsons have to say. :)

I love how Harry talks about the DOE being HM's rock and that his mere presence makes things easier for her. Once again shows how much they love each other. I hope everyone gets to experience that love, it is so beautiful.

Mice problem -perhaps Lupo needs a kitty friend to help protect Will's bike.

Good solution; every farmhouse needs a cat to keep the rodent population down.

Prince William - good enough to eat!
Prince William's looking very tasty: 20ft mural of royal made out of liquorice
Many female admirers think Prince William is a bit tasty - but never more so than today. A 20ft mural of the prince has been made using more than 3,000 pieces of liquorice and took four artists over five hours to build. Shoppers in Manchester were treated to the mural when it went on display in Spinningfields. It was commissioned by Finnish sweet company Panda Liquorice to mark the Duke of Cambridge's 30th birthday in June.

:: previous :: they did a good job at creating william's image out of candy;)

:previous:
Certainly better than the likeness they got on official commemorative coins! :whistling:

Last edited:
This is such a smart way for firms to get some free publicity. I had never heard of this Finnish sweet company but make a mural of Prince William out of liquorice and suddenly it's getting coverage in national British newspapers. To buy that kind of coverage would cost many thousands of pounds.

Maybe this company should make chocolate commemorative coins since they did such a good job with the licorice. The resemblance is certainly much better!:lol:

Last edited:
I Think That’s Nice , Good Job , Thanx For Posting All

Wow. They did a good job!

Such sad news. A terrible coincidence that 2 of Prince William's mentors within the Armed Forces have been cut down in their prime.

This only serves to remind me just how dangerous the armed forces are (both in times of combat, but also back at home, where they seem to have their fair share of accidents). I'm sure that one cannot have a completely cautious attitude and succeed in the military.

Has William gone back to work yet? So that would mean that he and Catherine are in Anglessey right now and will be there for awhile?
I've always wondered how William's full time job deals with his part time job and if he is given many days off, more than other pilots.

I would assume they're back in Angelsey now.

There's some conjecture about how William's work schedule is organised. We know that he does get some extra leave to undertake certain royal duties (he'll apparently be given special leave to complete his overseas tour on behalf of the Queen later this year), but otherwise he usually works normal hours. I would bet that special leave is unpaid.

When you're working 12 hour shifts though, you can often find yourself with several days off in a row through normal shift patterns.

Prince William is mourning his instructor. The instructor's traffic death I hope William has learned to be less dare devil on his own fast motorcycle.:sad:

:previous: Has he been reckless or irresponsible? I must have missed that. I just thought that people were tut, tut, tutting about the inherent dangers of motorcycles rather like they did to a young Charles when he took up jumping out of perfectly serviceable aircraft!

:previous: Has he been reckless or irresponsible? I must have missed that. I just thought that people were tut, tut, tutting about the inherent dangers of motorcycles rather like they did to a young Charles when he took up jumping out of perfectly serviceable aircraft!

Yes Prince William has been reckless.The Prince got a very fast and expensive motorcycle. William tries to lose is body guards by going very fast to get away from them.

What I got out of the article was that William love the thrill of the speed.

MARG think about what he does for a living. He love the excitement of rescuing people in very tough conditions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom