The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 11: February-July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one seen or heard of Camilla at a public engagement recently? Just confirms my contention that she seems to like to have her diary arranged as a flurry of activity for a few days to be followed by several weeks of quiet time. I am a huge supporter of Camilla and my only criticism of her is that she really should be carrying out (and certainly seen to be doing so!) a lot more engagements than she currently does. It does her no favours when the tabloids put together the league tables of the number of public engagements carried out during the year, and she almost always comes out at or near the bottom of the league. I know she really does not care about the publicity and never really wanted a very active life at a time when most people are retiring, but as the DoC, her role requires her to be seen regularly. These next few years are very key in the campaign for her to be accepted as the next Queen - and she really needs to be seen as a hard working royal devoted to her chosen causes (and I am in no way doubting the latter point!)

I am no fan of Camilla but maybe she is still recuperating from her hysterectomy? When was it? I had abdominal surgery and I am much younger than Camilla, and I felt very weak and tired for months afterward. It's not easy.

I am no fan of Camilla but maybe she is still recuperating from her hysterectomy? When was it? I had abdominal surgery and I am much younger than Camilla, and I felt very weak and tired for months afterward. It's not easy.

She had it 14 months ago in March 2007. She should be recovered by now.

Any one seen or heard of Camilla at a public engagement recently? Just confirms my contention that she seems to like to have her diary arranged as a flurry of activity for a few days to be followed by several weeks of quiet time. I am a huge supporter of Camilla and my only criticism of her is that she really should be carrying out (and certainly seen to be doing so!) a lot more engagements than she currently does. It does her no favours when the tabloids put together the league tables of the number of public engagements carried out during the year, and she almost always comes out at or near the bottom of the league. I know she really does not care about the publicity and never really wanted a very active life at a time when most people are retiring, but as the DoC, her role requires her to be seen regularly. These next few years are very key in the campaign for her to be accepted as the next Queen - and she really needs to be seen as a hard working royal devoted to her chosen causes (and I am in no way doubting the latter point!)
Post 96 answers one of your questions. Camilla has probably been spending time on private engagements to our armed forces returning injured. :flowers:

some so nice pics from yesterday and today::wub:

The Duchess of Cornwall at official engagements at Exeter
May 14/15

day one:
Fotobanka isifa image service

day two:
Fotobanka isifa image service

She was very good with the children and they all loved her,"

this is exeter - news, entertainment, jobs, homes and cars

Duchess practises bakery skills
May 15

"She was very enthusiastic, very hands on - I was impressed,"

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Devon | Duchess practises bakery skills

She had it 14 months ago in March 2007. She should be recovered by now.

The reason why Camilla didn't have any engagements last week is probably that the whole week was cleared to publicise Prince William's engagements. Prince Charles was even shipped out of the country - to Romania & got no publicity in the national papers or media either.

According to Wiki the DoC has been given the Family Order. I thought that this had not yet happened. If so, when did it happen?

Thats right. She was given the Order sometime before the Saudi banquet.

:previous: I love it. The Queen did look marvelous. ;)
I really loved her overall look from her titfer, to her ensemble. It was such a great new look for her and definitely a nod to her daughter-in-law. :curtsey:

Umm didn't the Queen wear feathers on her head when Prince Edward married Sophie???

But Camilla and the Queen do look like they are wearing something very similiar.

It was such a great new look for her and definitely a nod to her daughter-in-law

I don't see how, on either accounts. Hardly a new trend and well, as is clear, was not influenced by Camilla. It is merely a fascinator which I'm sure boasts no meaningful depth or insight into the dynamics of the relationship between the two.

However a 'nod' (generically speaking) as in fetching taste on the Duchess' behalf? Well that I can certainly understand and would entirely agree with, though her liking of feathered fascinators is nothing new.

Umm didn't the Queen wear feathers on her head when Prince Edward married Sophie???

She certainly did. In a lovely mauve (or lavender).

Ref: Welcome to the official web site of the British Monarchy

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/1990s_st_georges_chapel.jpg

Personally, I wasn't much taken by what the Queen wore to the Phillips wedding. She has looked far better styled as the above picture shall prove.

Last edited by a moderator:

But Camilla and the Queen do look like they are wearing something very similiar.

I'm not sure about HM, who did indeed look most fetching and the best-dressed by far, in my opinion. The elegant Duchess has worn the same outfit before and I think it was quite clever and appropriate for her to recycle. Both she and the Queen looked quite lovely, in my opinion, as did the bride and her attendants, whose gowns I thought delightful.

I love it. The Queen did look marvelous. ;)
I really loved her overall look from her titfer, to her ensemble. It was such a great new look for her and definitely a nod to her daughter-in-law. :curtsey:
100% agreement here. :flowers: I love the revived trend for fascinators. Greatly improved look for HM and Camilla elegant to say the least!
king-041.gif
bravo-009.gif

Pics 22.5.2008

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attends the Royal National Lifeboat
Institute (RNLI) bravery awards on May 22, 2008 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Wow that's i call a radiant Duchess! Love the very appropriate navy blue outfit. Nice done M'am (as usual).

I find the fourth photo gowing down on the right hand side most amusing indeed...:D

Too bad the BBC was unable to locate a more recent photo of The DOC
The BBC has spent too much on 'reality' programmes and Eastenders to have money to spare to purchase up to date photographs. :ohmy:

The Duchess of Cornwall visits Melksham Police Station
Thank You again milla Ca, she does indeed look superb.:wub:

I really can't make up my mind whether I prefer her in pastels or navy or..... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Testino is truly the best to take B&W portraits. The shots of Charles with William and Harry or the Diana ones are really brilliant.

The Testino photo of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall brings out her beauty as an older woman. I just love her hair and her eyes. I think what a nice person who is happy with life!

I saw a Picture of Camilla from the first day at Ascot. She and the Queen were dress in pastels and they looked lovely. I loved the hat that Camilla wore and I think she likes it too because she wears it every once in a while.

Others a Ascot were in vibrate colors that I did not find attractive. And some of the hats - not anything I could wear.:flowers:

The Testino portrait is very becoming to her. Interesting that she chose such tailored garments.

:previous: Her behind the scenes "working" wardrobe perhaps? :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom